Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:06:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: "Official" list of priorities and fixes 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Official" list of priorities and fixes  (Read 73292 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #35 on: November 15, 2007, 02:53:32 PM

I lol'd.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 03:41:58 PM

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 12:50:47 AM

My friend has the BEST email ever from FSS. He had some problems with his account and they continued to send him the same form email and he got very frustrated and got quite angry. The FSS people sent him back an email saying "this could fix your problem" and they linked him to some other mmo. Classic.

He is sending me the email, so I will post it here.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 05:30:02 AM

Is this the thread which will contain the alert that the Magic Patch has been applied?  I keep reading these HGL threads and feeling like I wasted my time.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
lesion

Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 08:00:49 AM

Patch 0.5 sounds pretty good.

steam|a grue \[T]/
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007, 08:59:51 AM

Fixed known bugs which prevented Engineer Drones from saving properly.
This is the sixth patch in a row claiming to fix this bug.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007, 09:30:37 AM

Some stuff in the patch that caught my eye

All players now have 24 character slots.

That will make the subscribers happy

Some new posters have been added to stations, so check them out!

New Ads are a feature?

The Guy Fawkes event has ended. Characters that have completed the NAME Quest that did not receive the Trinket reward should find this item in their inventory.

Thanks be to Heaven!
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 10:05:43 AM

That will make the subscribers happy

Yeah. Being a subscriber is becoming more and more a waste of money. We'll see if the game lasts long enough to see those "added content" patches roll out.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
schild
Administrator

Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 11:20:29 AM

durrrrrrrrr what?
schild
Administrator

Reply #44 on: November 17, 2007, 11:23:08 AM

This patch eats my ass. Memory leak you motherfuckers. THat should be the ONLY thing they're working on. It's like there's an elephant in the room and they are IGNORING IT BY CHOICE. Fuck that is ingratiating. I'm one patch away from tearing them an absolute asshole on the frontpage and gaming Digg show it shows up EVERYWHERE.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: November 17, 2007, 11:40:03 AM

So the only point in paying ten dollars a month now is for a larger stash and hardcore (permadeath) mode?

Wow.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #46 on: November 17, 2007, 11:45:37 AM

Elite mode.
lesion

Reply #47 on: November 17, 2007, 12:13:05 PM

Non-subs can do that. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

steam|a grue \[T]/
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #48 on: November 17, 2007, 12:25:03 PM

Quote from: Patch 0.5
* The Mini-game now resets every 15 minutes.

WTF?!

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #49 on: November 17, 2007, 12:42:48 PM

Still no fix for the problem where your groupmates disappear when they zone into an instance before you? Bah. That's the biggest annoyance for my playgroups right now.
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 17, 2007, 12:50:48 PM

Subscription canceled. Was a waste in the first place and now they're making it worse. What the hell are they doing?
Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: November 17, 2007, 01:08:06 PM

This patch eats my ass. Memory leak you motherfuckers. THat should be the ONLY thing they're working on. It's like there's an elephant in the room and they are IGNORING IT BY CHOICE. Fuck that is ingratiating. I'm one patch away from tearing them an absolute asshole on the frontpage and gaming Digg show it shows up EVERYWHERE.

That's right, feel the power of the dark side flow through you.  Let go.  Let the power of the dark side consume you.

Or something like that.    Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: November 17, 2007, 01:58:13 PM

What the hell are they doing?
What are they doing? They're doing the right thing. I know it's hard to recognize, being so goddamn rare these days. The subscription should allow you to play the new content; everything else should be included with the original purchase.

Of course there is no new content yet and the game crashes every 12 minutes so yeah, don't subscribe.
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: November 17, 2007, 02:07:49 PM

Quote from: Cellwind (The Guy Fixing The Memory Leak)
Storm-Weaver: We found a leak in the graphics sytem today, but I haven't fully explorer what the extent of the problem is. One of the testers played for 45 min and saw a spike of a few hundred megabytes all from this one place.

Since the code is completely unknown to me, I don't have any way of estimating how much time it's going to take at this point, however I will update as soon as I do know. Whatever the fix is, it's not going to be in next week's patch since that ship has sailed.

My best estimate at this point is the week after Thanksgiving. In the meantime, the workaround may be to keep item inspection down to a minimum.
(Source)

(Excessive emphasis added for your amusement convenience.)
schild
Administrator

Reply #54 on: November 17, 2007, 02:10:12 PM

The code being unknown to him isn't a shock since he probably didn't write it. Not everyone knows all of the code in every game they've worked on, Geldon, shock as it may be.

Odd about the item inspection thing. Whenever I was in town and started doing such, things got laggier and laggier and laggier on the menus. So I'm not entirely shocked.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: November 17, 2007, 03:13:38 PM

I did not even realize we could inspect players.  When was that implemented?

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: November 17, 2007, 03:15:52 PM

The thing that bugged me wasn't that he didn't write the code so much as the guy who wrote the code was apparently not there.  Are developers jumping ship already?  In retrospect, this was jumping to the conclusion that the code referred to was developed in-house.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 17, 2007, 03:50:40 PM

It feels like I'm in a train wreck, still enjoying the ride.

Weird.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #58 on: November 17, 2007, 04:38:25 PM

Well, the mini-game should reset, shouldn't 't it?  Otherwise it's just something to ignore and you'll eventually get a prise no matter what.  That doesn't sound very exciting.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #59 on: November 17, 2007, 05:16:08 PM

Well, the mini-game should reset, shouldn't 't it?  Otherwise it's just something to ignore and you'll eventually get a prise no matter what.  That doesn't sound very exciting.

Mmmmm, I could take that but... 15 minutes?!

Plus, in a game where you are definitely entitled to uber-loot without a sweat, I don't understand the logic behind forcing anxiety on players as they face the minigame 15 minutes timer running out while sprinting toward their hard earned last spectral kill.

Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: November 17, 2007, 05:33:17 PM

% FTW.  Canceled sub.  Will check back in a couple of months.  Really want to like this game but damn they are making it tough.

I'm going back to DS.
schild
Administrator

Reply #61 on: November 17, 2007, 05:36:50 PM

I wonder if they'll refund lifetime subs in the first month considering they extended the offer.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: November 17, 2007, 05:50:23 PM

I did not even realize we could inspect players.  When was that implemented?

You actually can't inspect other characters, and I'm pretty sure that a part of the memory leak involves the mouse over hovering description panels... In terms of adding to the memory leak, I've found (and submitted) numerous different ways that I was able to get the memory crash, and one of the ways was by inspecting things with the mouse over. Some things I also let them know about (Memory ++) were the fact that all mods added to weapons display on every single character in the same zone as you, numerous different weapon effects being used, and the item/palladium boxes displaying inside instances. All of these can (and will) lead to a memory exhasution error. 

Not much I can say about most of the patch stuff except the decision to reset the mini-game is because of the locking error (a stupid decision), the 24 characters is only for the test server (AFAIK + I hope) and that most of the major things they are patching have been known issues that I saw on the beta boards like day 1 I was able to join. All the chat changes sound like ass though.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #63 on: November 17, 2007, 06:49:26 PM

Quote from: Cellwind (The Guy Fixing The Memory Leak)
Storm-Weaver: We found a leak in the graphics sytem today, but I haven't fully explorer what the extent of the problem is. One of the testers played for 45 min and saw a spike of a few hundred megabytes all from this one place.

Since the code is completely unknown to me, I don't have any way of estimating how much time it's going to take at this point, however I will update as soon as I do know. Whatever the fix is, it's not going to be in next week's patch since that ship has sailed.

My best estimate at this point is the week after Thanksgiving. In the meantime, the workaround may be to keep item inspection down to a minimum.
(Source)

(Excessive emphasis added for your amusement convenience.)

You are a fucking moron and a very good example as to what is wrong with Americans.

Shit, you do not know this mans job at all,  no matter what you read on the intardnet.
Christ I hate you.  This is not to troll you, I am begging you not to respond.  I just needed to vent because I hate you.  Hate.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: November 17, 2007, 06:52:34 PM

Popcorn

(Seriously, I never assumed I did know his job.  I just underlined that to point out why it's taking so long with the memory leak fix.  I see somebody's carrying a chip on his shoulder.)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #65 on: November 17, 2007, 07:39:44 PM

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: November 17, 2007, 08:26:06 PM

I wonder if they'll refund lifetime subs in the first month considering they extended the offer.

That would be nice to know, wouldn't it?

schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: November 17, 2007, 08:45:33 PM

We're gonna find out. I already emailed support.
schild
Administrator

Reply #68 on: November 17, 2007, 09:15:01 PM

It's official. Ping0 is full of gibbering retards.

Here's the response. This is soooooooooooooooo getting a frontpage article. The lack of COMMON SENSE is astouuuuuunding:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Hellgate London Support.

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the current proceedings. Unfortunately, Lifetime Subscription cannot be cancelled. This plan requires only one time payment, which you already did and thus canceling it would not have any significance. If there were an option to cancel Lifetime Subscription then it would only keep players from accessing the features for which they have already paid for. I hope this explains why Lifetime Subscription cannot be cancelled.

If you have any other issues then please feel free to file a new ticket.

Regards,
GM Jovi
Ping-0 Customer Service

That doesn't explain shit. How is that logical? AT ALL?

I'm going to write again saying:
OK, CAN YOU ALL CANCEL MY ACCOUNT AND ISSUE A REFUND?
schild
Administrator

Reply #69 on: November 17, 2007, 09:24:40 PM

You should receive a response from a Hellgate Customer Service Representative with six hours.

Typo.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: "Official" list of priorities and fixes  
Jump to: