Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:05:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Finally! The Source SDK is updated. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finally! The Source SDK is updated.  (Read 4631 times)
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

on: November 07, 2007, 11:39:31 AM

I know that you could use the old one to create good content with a few work-arounds. However, it's nice to have a more cohesive SDK for TF map creation. I've been waiting for this.

---

The Source SDK has been updated with content and tools to create maps, models, and textures for Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. In addition to support for games in The Orange Box, the Source SDK can continue to be used to create content for other top-selling Source engine-based games, such as Half-Life 2: Episode One and Counter-Strike: Source.

Included in the Source SDK are:

* The Hammer World Editor, which provides the capability of creating custom levels for Source engine games

* Valve’s custom Faceposer tool that allows users to produce choreographed sequences in the Source engine

* A model viewer that allows artists to preview models and their animations quickly and easily

* Source code that allows mod makers to create their own game based on Half-Life 2 or Half-Life 2:Deathmatch

* All of the tools required to make build custom textures and models for Source engine games

Future Source SDK updates will provide new development tools, as well as source code for creating single and multi-player mods that utilize the latest Source engine features.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 11:46:24 AM

oh shi-
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 12:43:42 PM

Woot!

Now I too can make a map that's just a giant goddamn hallway for snipers to shoot down!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Obo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 01:33:49 PM

Seems to fix a few little issues I was having with the old one. Also nice that the whole bloody map isn't covered in purple textures now.

Don't suppose I could blame the half arsed way I was making maps on the old SDK though....  swamp poop
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 11:48:31 AM

Someone make a map that actually incorporates physics, for crissakes.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 06:20:47 AM

Examples? What would you find cool?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 10:51:41 AM

Shortcut to a capture point that requires a heavy to stand on one end of a thing while a scout stands on the other end.   awesome, for real

In reality, I'm sure this would not work because the game doesn't actually assign different "weights" to the heavy and scout.  But man would that be awesome.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
CharlieMopps
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 01:09:47 PM

Examples? What would you find cool?

A mod in which engineers could dig tunnels into the enemy base. ;-)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Finally! The Source SDK is updated.  
Jump to: