Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:23:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: EA Chicago closing 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EA Chicago closing  (Read 12299 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

on: November 06, 2007, 05:00:45 PM

Can I make topics here without a frontpage post?

All together now:

"Good riddance."

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 06:25:36 PM

Linkage?

Did it drop good loot?

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 08:23:05 PM

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 02:38:51 AM

Was EA Chicago the last pale ghost of a beloved game company that was bought out and destroyed by EA?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 03:32:26 AM

I don't believe so. EA Chicago was a new studio that opened only a year ago and given what they were working on looked to be a "spinoff" of EA Canada.
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 03:24:55 PM

A friend of mine from EA Chicago just told me they closed the studio today so its official :(

Best of luck to you guys.

Also word is they closed another studio down in the UK and laid off a bunch of people from EA Vancouver.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 04:41:09 PM

Huh. So they close down a bunch of studios, lay off a bunch of employees, but still have the green to buy Bioware and Mythic?

Is EA going all in on MMO's or what? Or is Riccitello smarter than we think he is and he's purging the Hello Madden Kitty Sims 2029 Online crap?

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 04:44:56 PM

He's purging studios that made shitty shit shit.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 10:07:34 AM

Closing a studio that you opened a year ago is idiotic.  It's saying that you are so retarded at managing the company that you don't have a clue what you are doing.  It's pretty much impossible that they could have been expected to produce ANYTHING within their first year so how do you miss a milestone that consists of nothing?

It would have taken 6 months to decide to open the studio.  Then it would take 6 months to even begin producing anything at the studio and then what?  1 year isn't even enough time for the smell of the paint and the new carpet to have completely faded.  The capital investment alone for the studio's leases and equipment and staff and everything else should have required that it was open for longer than that.

Seriously, did they open the studio for any particular reason in the first place?  Or just so that they could have a loss to report in the 1st quarter of FY '08?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 01:12:42 PM

Closing a studio that you opened a year ago is idiotic.  It's saying that you are so retarded at managing the company that you don't have a clue what you are doing. 

Ahem.

EA.

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 05:24:11 PM

He's purging studios that made shitty shit shit.

Since when is Fight Night Round 3 "shitty shit shit"?  From what I can recall, they sold a good amount of copies as well.  Now Def Jam Icon is a whole other ball of wax, but everybody screws the pooch once in a while.
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 11:28:13 PM

I've long determined that EA is secretly run by vikings.  Their business manta, preserved well over the centuries, is: "Rape before pillage, sack before burn."

So, how's that Warhammer MMORPG coming, Mr. Jacobs?
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 06:59:39 AM

They have a business manta?

One of these?

Dammit, now I have the Pixies' Dance the Manta Ray stuck in my head.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 07:01:54 AM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 08:14:35 AM

They opened the studio because it seemed like a good idea at the time. They closed the studio because it seemed like a good idea at the time. They bought formerly_independant_dev_house_346 because it seemed like a good idea at the time. They closed down formerly_independant_dev_house_346 because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Man, I wish I was a consultant for EA. I'd get rich thinking up random things for them to do, then make them reverse their stance a few months later...and I'd get paid for it twice!

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 01:39:37 PM

They have a business manta?

One of these?
I meant business mantra, but actually, anything that would kill Steve Irwin is probably okay with EA.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: EA Chicago closing  
Jump to: