Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:41:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Palladium Farming Tips? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Palladium Farming Tips?  (Read 21349 times)
Trouble
Terracotta Army

on: November 05, 2007, 09:59:48 PM

I find myself wanting to actually use the Augmentrix 3000 and the Palladium cost is intimidating. Does anyone have any farming tips for Palladium? Zones to grind? Bosses that are easy to get to and repeat kill? I'm level 27 and have just killed Sydonia.

As for my own tips, here's some general rules I've found best:

Break down all gray items
Don't bother analyzing greens. It adds 20 to the sell price and the analyzer costs 25
Analyze and sell Rares and Legendaries

This is assuming you don't have a problem not breaking down everything. I usually do that and it has resulted in me not having much cash.
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 10:47:25 PM

I analyze and breakdown everything. Analyzing adds to the amount of stuff you get from breaking the item down. And since crafting components are full of win...

In general, for getting palladium; don't buy anything for a while. Try to farm somewhere that's a bit easier, so you're not blowing through health packs all the time.

Also handy: put on gear with a bunch of luck if you can live with the stat loss. The increase in the amount of treasure passages and rare spawns means extra coin way faster.
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 11:23:15 PM

Also handy: put on gear with a bunch of luck if you can live with the stat loss. The increase in the amount of treasure passages and rare spawns means extra coin way faster.

I didn't realize luck affected secret passageway spawns. That is very useful to know. Treasure passages are by far the best source of Palladium.
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 11:48:49 PM

Thinking back I realized that the best place by far to farm would be Ploughstreet. At the time I wrote it off because I figured all the rare spawns in it were due to the quest but nope, they were there when I went back. Makes me think they designed the place specifically for the purpose of...plowing. Chock full of rare and legendary monsters.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 01:22:29 AM

There are places like that at almost every station. They're scaled, of course, but there's at least one with a bunch of rares and uniques. The trouble is that at one point you... hmm... "out grow" them. After you reach a certain level (something like 2 above the mobs) the bosses stop spawning. I guess they did that to prevent farmage for materials.

btw luck in Diablo increased your gold drops, anyone knows if it works like that here?

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 04:37:15 AM

Pretty sure someone just said that three posts up. :o

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 04:40:09 AM

Phunked said it increases the amount of extra zones, which indirectly increases gold gained. I was talking for direct increase of gold dropped by monsters - instead of 2 pieces per zombie you get 4.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 04:48:05 AM

Pile on luck and do Shulgoth runs.  That dude drops mad cash and the items sell for 100-200 and he drops quite a few.  Bonus if you can get some peeps to join in the running.
EvilJohn
Developers

Realtime Worlds

Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 05:33:00 AM

That's one thing that seems odd, by Shulgoth runs do you mean re-rolling a character? Every time I re-run a story quest/zone, it drops ass the next time through. I definitely could be missing something here...

EJ Moreland 'UncleEej'
Director of Business Planning, All Points Bulletin
Realtime Worlds
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 05:34:42 AM

Furiously and I found a nested treasure passageway where we could see eachother getting loot and it totaled 17,000 pal.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 05:34:56 AM

I ran him twice this morning before work (L14 summoner) and got 4 legendaries and 4 rares and lots of cash.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 06:02:16 AM

Ok, obviously I'm missing out on something here - please be kind to explain this "treasure passage" thingy?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 06:14:52 AM

Passageways, those little sewer areas, come in 4 varieties: hidden, treasure, elite, and uhhhhh something else.

Treasure is just money and shit on the floor and maybe a spawn or two.
Elite always has a unique (or at least for me it has, I've heard reports of them being empty).
Hidden is just some treasure and an epic mob and scrubs.
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 06:15:29 AM

I ran him twice this morning before work (L14 summoner) and got 4 legendaries and 4 rares and lots of cash.

Shulgoth is the chapter 1 boss right? Does he just keep respawning?
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 06:21:11 AM

Shulgoth is the chapter 1 boss right? Does he just keep respawning?

You have to reset the instance though.  You can do it by having a party, iirc, player A partys w/ player B.  Player A runs to the instance, drops a portal for Player B, A+B kill Shugs, Player A ports back, player B follows A through a port, rince repeat.  Alternatively, you can do what I did, and just relog (takes 10s).  Make sure you go back to town everytime.
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 06:22:29 AM

He seems like a crappy boss to run. It's a shame the five lies only drop mostly a little gold and you can't respawn Sydonai.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 06:23:42 AM

He seems like a crappy boss to run. It's a shame the five lies only drop mostly a little gold and you can't respawn Sydonai.

Eh, I'm just saying from a time perspective, it's pretty quick.  Plus, I'm only on the RTS mission.  You stupid people and your 'free time'.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 06:52:33 AM

He's going to be a very interesting fight in Elite. And terribly interesting in hardcore.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 07:19:27 AM

Ok, honestly - still lost as to what you guys are talking about. Do these passages only show up at a certain point in the story? Should I be hunting for something when I'm in zones?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 07:30:00 AM

I didn't see the first one till I finished Act 1 and since I got my luck up over a 100ish I've seen one in just about every indoor zone.
schild
Administrator

Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 07:37:34 AM

Ok, honestly - still lost as to what you guys are talking about. Do these passages only show up at a certain point in the story? Should I be hunting for something when I'm in zones?

They are just random. Look for exits on the map, they'll show up as grates or panels on the ground.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 07:40:01 AM

They're like hell portals. You just see them in zones - it's just a trapdoor. They also show up on your minimap.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 09:52:00 AM

How much luck is 'a lot' of luck and does anyone have any idea of the differences between normal, a little luck and a lot of luck?

I found an item with +50 luck last night?  Is that awesome or meh?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 10:46:54 AM

My standard gear has like 150 luck on it. I have no idea how much of an effect that has. BTW Ploughstreet is special, there isn't any other place with as many rares. It usually has about 10 total. 7 rares, 2-3 epic/legendaries, maybe a unique.
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 11:22:54 AM

BTW Ploughstreet is special, there isn't any other place with as many rares. It usually has about 10 total. 7 rares, 2-3 epic/legendaries, maybe a unique.

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally. Hmm.
EvilJohn
Developers

Realtime Worlds

Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 05:33:36 AM

Ploughstreet... maybe it is the joke it sounds like it could be... farm.. plough... meh, maybe it's just coincidence  rolleyes

EJ Moreland 'UncleEej'
Director of Business Planning, All Points Bulletin
Realtime Worlds
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 07:40:36 AM

Passageways, those little sewer areas, come in 4 varieties: hidden, treasure, elite, and uhhhhh something else.

Treasure is just money and shit on the floor and maybe a spawn or two.
Elite always has a unique (or at least for me it has, I've heard reports of them being empty).
Hidden is just some treasure and an epic mob and scrubs.

Just did an elite last night, it was actually full of mobs, had a spawn of blues and a orange boss mob who was actually sort of annoying because the blues were imp snipers and the boss was toughened imp demonologist that took a while to kill.  The loot was winrar though.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 10:47:06 AM

Shulgoth always drops loot because he's not an act boss. He's just a regular boss who has really good loot for whatever reason. The act bosses won't continue dropping loot if you finish the quest associated with them.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 10:24:19 PM

Where is this plough street? I'm in act 4 and see it nowhere on my map, also googleing for hellgate + map I am coming up empty.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 10:15:42 PM

How much luck is 'a lot' of luck and does anyone have any idea of the differences between normal, a little luck and a lot of luck?

I found an item with +50 luck last night?  Is that awesome or meh?

50 luck on one item is pretty damn high. Good find.
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 04:02:09 PM

Ploughyard is one of the last maps. It's the 5th trial or whatever, the end of act 5. After you complete act 5 you go to the hellgate and kill the last dude.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Palladium Farming Tips?  
Jump to: