Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 12:45:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Funny picture thread 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 459 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Funny picture thread  (Read 3885115 times)
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4375 on: July 29, 2010, 08:36:00 AM

There's also a script blocking plugin for Google Chrome, but its an all or nothing toggle. Much prefer noscript.

That said, ED has always been rife with ads from questionable sources. It was just a matter of time.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #4376 on: July 29, 2010, 10:33:43 AM

I was trying to find a Final Fantasy iron-on patch for Sauced's lunchbag and found this:

ACK! ACK! ACK!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #4377 on: July 29, 2010, 11:05:27 AM

So the picture shows the outfit on a petite or lanky Asian and the outfit they're selling is for a moo cow?

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #4378 on: July 29, 2010, 01:33:46 PM

NoScript.
Yeah, I didn't notice anything bad at all.

Obvious solution is too obvious for me. Still, I caught the reference before I had to quit it, so yay!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #4379 on: July 29, 2010, 09:42:12 PM

So the picture shows the outfit on a petite or lanky Asian and the outfit they're selling is for a moo cow?

I think that's a dude.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #4380 on: July 30, 2010, 04:52:09 AM

ACK!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #4381 on: July 30, 2010, 10:25:02 AM

I don't see much to laugh about that picture, if that's the case. I did say Asian, not Asian female.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I guess it's funny because it's a dude dressing up like a girl? Trying not to sperg out here...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:27:27 AM by Lorekeep »

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #4382 on: July 30, 2010, 11:12:02 AM

WARNING: GORE
Well, not really but there is some blood as a girl suffers surface wounds from having her arm bitten by a barracuda. The last picture however, is comedy gold.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4383 on: July 30, 2010, 11:44:06 AM

It's amazing how having a giant hole in your stomach can make gory pictures not seem so bad. undecided

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #4384 on: July 30, 2010, 12:54:46 PM

Well, not really but there is some blood as a girl suffers surface wounds from having her arm bitten by a barracuda. The last picture however, is comedy gold.

The look on her face sort of says it all there; what a crap father.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
ShenMolo
Terracotta Army

Reply #4385 on: July 30, 2010, 01:10:10 PM

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4386 on: July 30, 2010, 02:25:49 PM

At first I thought it was a photoshop, then I realized lol50s.

On a similar note:

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4387 on: July 30, 2010, 09:49:14 PM

I do love some PBR to calm me nerves and build me strength!  /hillbilly_jig

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #4388 on: July 31, 2010, 08:47:25 AM

Uhh... lol50's?  Like, as in 1950?  I think you might be off by like half a century, bro.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 04:18:41 PM by Musashi »

AKA Gyoza
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #4389 on: July 31, 2010, 01:26:55 PM

the look on her face is simply priceless. 

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #4390 on: July 31, 2010, 06:23:46 PM

Uhh... lol50's?  Like, as in 1950?  I think you might be off by like half a century, bro.
I think the 1950s part was referring to the Schlitz advert, not the one for PBR.

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #4391 on: July 31, 2010, 08:21:40 PM

Ohhhhh.

AKA Gyoza
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #4392 on: August 01, 2010, 07:03:29 PM

Yeah, What Rhyssa said.  Guess I could have phrased that better.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #4393 on: August 02, 2010, 05:16:54 PM

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #4394 on: August 02, 2010, 10:25:15 PM

Sounds about right.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #4395 on: August 03, 2010, 02:58:21 AM

I'm afraid to ask because I'll most likely start an ugly derail but is a big name athlete changing teams really such a huge deal?

I'm mostly used to european competitive sports (the biggest being football or soccer as you call it) and there it's the norm rather than the exception for players to switch teams multiple times throughout their careers. Usually because of better contracts or the better potential to get titles.

It's even worse because there are no draft rules. I honestly cannot remember a single football player that played for the same team 7 seasons in a row.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #4396 on: August 03, 2010, 03:19:37 AM

I'm afraid to ask because I'll most likely start an ugly derail but is a big name athlete changing teams really such a huge deal?

I'm mostly used to european competitive sports (the biggest being football or soccer as you call it) and there it's the norm rather than the exception for players to switch teams multiple times throughout their careers. Usually because of better contracts or the better potential to get titles.

It's even worse because there are no draft rules. I honestly cannot remember a single football player that played for the same team 7 seasons in a row.

The background is this (in a nut shell):

LeBron was born and raised in Akron Ohio just south of Cleveland.
He showed remarkable skill and size from an early age
He was seen as one of the most gifted basketball players in high school
He declared himself eligible for the NBA draft his senior year in high school
Cleveland, miraculously, won the NBA draft lottery and the rights to select him 1st
Upon entering the NBA, Cleveland's team started becoming viable again (and in essence, the city)
LeBron lead Cleveland to the NBA playoffs and finals which had not happened for any Cleveland team since the 90s Indians
LeBron was deemed the savior of a city that has not won a championship in 48 years in any sport - since the Cavs were really the only viable team in the city
LeBron goes on national television to announce his decision to leave his native town for Miami to play with two other NBA powerhouse players in hopes of winning a title there
Hence, the signs.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #4397 on: August 03, 2010, 03:20:36 AM

Marquee players tend to get treated a bit differently in the nba. Star players can earn the most money by sticking with the team that drafted them, so that often happens and when players do switch it's a bigger deal. But Lebron is a special case, he was being an ass when he left Clevenland.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4398 on: August 03, 2010, 03:25:10 AM

01101010 missed the years of "support" and accolades that Cleveland/ Akron gave him during his Jr. High and High School years.  At least from what my friends who still live there say when bitching about it.   As with all other athletes I suspect that "Support" really means, "Looking the other way when he committed misdemeanors. Helping him break the rules (Who remembers the saga of the car he bought his mom as a senior?) and giving him rim jobs about how great he is."

Really, the part that I think makes him a douche is turning the whole thing into a spectacle.  Yeah, he acted like a self-centered, super-entitled prick by breaking his home town's heart on national TV.  Cleveland's just as much to blame for that as anyone.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #4399 on: August 03, 2010, 04:11:18 AM

The Cleveland organisation has been a real clusterfuck. If you read up about Lebron and the company his buddies set up (LRMR) it's all one huge mess. The guy still acts like a kid. You should try and dig up the story about Lebron partying in Vegas written by Arash Markazi (at least that's funny even if it's not a picture).
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #4400 on: August 03, 2010, 04:19:31 AM

I think this would be a bit like Ryan Giggs moving from United to City.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4401 on: August 03, 2010, 07:46:25 AM

Yeah, that's almost accurate. More like Rooney moving from United to City. Or for Jeff Kelly's frame of reference, everybody who moves to Bayern Munich.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #4402 on: August 03, 2010, 08:58:36 AM

It's much more common these days for athletes to move around, but there is still a stigma in American sports culture against blatantly leaving your team just because you want much more money or a title.  That's why everybody hates the Yankee's.  They have massive wealth (I mean literally, the Yankee's franchise is worth over 1.5 billion dollars) and use it to buy lots of star players.  People who leave their teams to go to the Yankee's tend to become hated.

Again, its much more common now for players to be fluid between teams, but its considered more sportsman like to stay loyal to your team than doing what ever it takes to get yourself a ring.

-Stephen Colbert
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4403 on: August 03, 2010, 09:17:34 AM

The background is this (in a nut shell):

LeBron was born and raised in Akron Ohio just south of Cleveland.
He showed remarkable skill and size from an early age
He was seen as one of the most gifted basketball players in high school
He declared himself eligible for the NBA draft his senior year in high school
Cleveland, miraculously, won the NBA draft lottery and the rights to select him 1st
Upon entering the NBA, Cleveland's team started becoming viable again (and in essence, the city)
LeBron lead Cleveland to the NBA playoffs and finals which had not happened for any Cleveland team since the 90s Indians
LeBron was deemed the savior of a city that has not won a championship in 48 years in any sport - since the Cavs were really the only viable team in the city
LeBron goes on national television to announce his decision to leave his native town for Miami to play with two other NBA powerhouse players in hopes of winning a title there
Hence, the signs.

To which I respond: So what.  It's his life.  Athletes have a short window in time to make their money and achieve their personal and professional goals.  LeBron stayed longer than most would have due to his loyalty.  I don't see how Cleveland has anything to bitch about.  They got over a decade to watch one of the best athletes this world has to offer. 

Also, it's fucking Cleveland.  Gee... I'm young and rich... would I rather live in Cleveland or Miami?  Tough choice.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:21:17 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #4404 on: August 03, 2010, 09:28:02 AM

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4405 on: August 03, 2010, 10:34:49 AM

Yeah yeah yeah, text, may be old whatever. It was funny.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #4406 on: August 03, 2010, 10:44:48 AM

I don't get what Max means in that.

I get the fact she has giant thighs and that comes from squatting.

I have made the picture unfunny.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4407 on: August 03, 2010, 10:50:37 AM

A kid gets treated like he's some divine gift to millions since he's like twelve.  Is it any wonder?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4408 on: August 03, 2010, 10:52:24 AM

Max means your max lift wight.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4409 on: August 03, 2010, 11:27:42 AM

OOHHH.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 459 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Funny picture thread  
Jump to: