Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:26:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: How to save Magic, for reals. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to save Magic, for reals.  (Read 5546 times)
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

on: October 26, 2007, 07:08:52 PM

1. Fire the people working on MTGO.
2. Hire the people who made Eye of Judgment.
2a. Come up with a better way to distinguish the cards than an easily-scanned and duplicated bar code.
3. Make MTGO a high-definition 3-D feast of monsters beating the crap out of each other at your whim.
4. Build a Scrooge McDuck money bin to collect all of the card sale money that makes.
5. Profit.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 07:53:26 PM

I was with you until I hit #2.

I do like #1 though.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 05:29:57 PM

Replacement:

2) PARLEY!

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 10:49:17 PM

I agree with Kitsune here other than the camera couldn't grab what was going on with LARGE games (as in number of cards on screen) as magic. Best for them to just start by firing everyone designing and programming the online portion.

Also, sorry I haven't hit you up for EOJ.

You see.

I still have the starter deck.

Cards are impossible to come by out here. EB Employees and such are snatching all of that shit right the fuck up.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 10:53:20 PM

Dude, Target and Toys 'R Us.  Local Target had oodles of cards on release day, and I've heard from others that they've had good luck at those places.  Fuck Gamestop and their shitty distribution.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 04:28:18 AM

Target always seems to have tons of Magic cards. However, your best bet (and I suppose you are in the boat, Schild), is to find a specialty hobby shop that sells boxes of boosters because you will get a better price than you will at a retail outlet. When I played M:tG during Tempest and US, that's what I did.

But that's not really how to save Magic. How to save magic is to make the cards directly portable to the internets. I refuse to buy ephemeral cards that I can't have IRL. That kind of shit is fucking stupid. (Or did I completely misunderstand what MTGO is. I downloaded the demo and became instantly confused.)

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 05:41:24 AM

I used to just buy a box or 2 at release from wherever I could find it.

When I played with cards.

Not having a volume discount in the online game is bullshit.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: How to save Magic, for reals.  
Jump to: