Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:17:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Achievements on Steam 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Achievements on Steam  (Read 11993 times)
schild
Administrator

on: September 18, 2007, 01:55:24 AM

Just dropped out of Team Fortress 2 to talk about the achievements system a bit.

It's the exact same as XBL. Hopefully this becomes a permanent thing on Steam and not just for games that are cross-platform to the 360.

That is all.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 06:27:09 AM

Good idea.  Achievements are crack anyway.  I am pondering replaying Lego SW just so I can collect the achievements on my main username.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 01:16:12 PM

FUCK.

Fuck me.

I love achievements. Now I have to collect them in two places? Im doomed.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 10:23:53 PM

Now if Valve wants to be real nasty, they can attach rewards to the achievements. Things like alternate character models, extra emotes, special tags etc. Nothing that tangibly affects gameplay.

People (including myself) would chase that shit with a vengeance.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 01:40:13 AM

You need rewards to chase achievements?  I find my mild OCD to be more than sufficient motivation.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 02:31:13 AM

You need rewards to chase achievements?  I find my mild OCD to be more than sufficient motivation.

No no, I don't think he does. But take Lost Planet as an example. Not only were there achievements but there were, let's call them hidden, goals online wehre you would unlock other skins for your characters.

My god, they could have created a monster out of me in TF2 if that existed. Hell, if it were different bat variations I'd have been fucked.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 06:08:07 AM

lol.  I'd kill you for a black bat.

I'd call it "Dildo - Destroyer of schilds"
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 08:02:21 PM

I wonder if ep2 and Portal will have achievements since the only reason I think the PC TF2 got them was since they were simple to implement and were going into the 360 version anyway.

Nevermind I don't really understand the point of them for the 360. Do you really care what people think of your point totals?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 08:05:55 PM

All about showing off the epeen?

Why do you think I play Sniper so much?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 07:56:34 AM

I like odometers.  Achievements scratch the collect-em-all itch, as well.  I am going to play Bioshock again simply because I missed a few on the first run.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 09:22:29 AM

They're ok. I prefer the running stats more than straight up achievements (2/17 on TF2). BFs was cool for that, but unlocks took sooo long I only ever unlocked one damned gun. Maybe it was two. But still. I only play to have fun and try to work to the objectives, so I don't worry about (for instance :P) playing sniper to get those achievements. I mostly play demoman, though I did play heavy when we turtlefested on Mach. I suck at most other classes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Achievements on Steam  
Jump to: