Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:53:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Killing Span: A Media Critique 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Killing Span: A Media Critique  (Read 16290 times)
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 15, 2004, 07:19:43 PM

Don't forget Deion Sanders.  I would say he actually has MORE style than Irvin, but Irvin makes a better commentator.

Bruce
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 15, 2004, 08:23:13 PM

Quote from: SirBruce
Don't forget Deion Sanders.  I would say he actually has MORE style than Irvin, but Irvin makes a better commentator.

Bruce

Yes if screaming incoherently is what your looking for in a commentator.

Anyone catch Shannow Sharpe on the CBS show? Howd he do? I seemed to find him pretty well spoken and at times kinda funny....was he any good?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37 on: September 16, 2004, 08:33:43 AM

Sharpe was part of the "pack of gibbering incoherent marsupials" on CBS's halftime show. I couldn't tell you how he did, because I couldn't understand a goddamn word any of them said. It was like that old Robin Williams joke about dolphins. All I heard was "BEEP" when the dolphin was saying "I'M NOT A TUNA!"

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 20, 2004, 07:01:06 AM

Ironically this week I got annoyed at CBS for not showing enough information. While watching the Pats game I kept watching their very small ticker in the top right corner for scores on other games , except all they kept showing was scores for only 4 AFC games over and over again...

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #39 on: September 20, 2004, 09:25:11 AM

I will give CBS some more credit. Their "StatTrax" despite it's ghey name, was quite useful. Every time something would happen, like a back gets a run, or a QB completes a pass, they would show that player's current stats. And it was readable. Fox's shitty interface seemed to take a step back.

I didn't watch nearly as much football, because I had Fable to play and my selection of games SUCKED ASS. Hmmm, Saints/49ers, Browns/Cowboys and Bengals/Dolphins. Suck. The only good game was the Indy/Tennessee game. Go Colts!

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #40 on: September 20, 2004, 09:49:04 AM

The Atlanta/St. Louis game was quite enjoyable. I'm officially on the Vick bandwagon until it loses a wheel.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 20, 2004, 10:05:36 AM

Quote from: Paelos
The Atlanta/St. Louis game was quite enjoyable. I'm officially on the Vick bandwagon until it loses a wheel.

Yes Im going to probably have to rescind my statement that Brady would be a better fantasy performer over the first half of the season that Vick.
Just goes to show that the NFL should be the NFI because no one has no f'ing idea whats going to happen.

That being said maybe we should start a pool on 'picking the craziest team you can think of to reach the superbowl this year'.

Im taking Detriot.

SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 20, 2004, 07:01:22 PM

Dallas is my pick.  It's actually not that crazy, but nobody seems to even  expect them to reach the playoffs this year.

Bruce
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 21, 2004, 10:39:24 AM

Steven A Smith is a jackmonkey, especially compared to David Aldrige who provided some insightful commentary in a very non-jackmonkeyish fashion.  I also hate that Trev Alberts guy they have on College Gameday.  He is also a jackmonkey.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #44 on: October 04, 2004, 01:03:36 PM

Further addendum to NFL coverage:

Fuck you, NFL. I remember the good old days, back when networks each had 2 games a day. Now, instead of seeing my beloved Packers in the early games, I got stuck watching only 1 game on Fox. And it was a SHITTY one, thank you very much. Instead of being able to see a game with two potential playoff teams, in the Falcons/Panthers game, I had to endure the suckfest that was New Orleans vs. Arizona. The fact that both teams spent most of the game trying to lose it didn't help matters. Yes, I know I live 2 1/2 hours drive from New Orleans; I still don't want to watch their shitty football team.

I'd also like to hand it to CBS's graphics team. While Fox's HUD seems content with being the most distracting, muddled piece of shit possible, CBS has not only made their display clearer, but more informative. Their StatTrax was in full effect, but in addition, the bottom of the screen had a wafer thin, yet READABLE, tracker of the games going on elsewhere. Each game had stats on important players, which helped me keep track of my fantasy team pretty well. And there was no flashing, blinking shit to take my eye off the action. It was just there.

Learn your lesson, Fox. Please.

P.S. Your halftime shows are still full of gibbering jackasses. Stop it.

Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 04, 2004, 02:18:19 PM

Quote from: Shannow
That being said maybe we should start a pool on 'picking the craziest team you can think of to reach the superbowl this year'.

Arizona.
Emmit Smith QB's for teh win!

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #46 on: October 04, 2004, 05:46:28 PM

Judging by the sheer weight of vitriol Hammy is deluging Fox with, I'm kinda glad it's the one station I don't get in HD. It's also a great advertisement for high definition broadcasts, the guys are already becoming elitist about that kinda stuff when they come over. From a nice detailed 16:9 720p image to a fuzzy 4:3 480i image, sells itself.

Fox in my area is broadcasting (over the air) a 480i signal and calling it 'better than DVD', and to paraphrase a local technician "better learn to like it, it's all you'll be getting." Way to embrace the future imo.

Throw some more picks, Drew.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Killing Span: A Media Critique  
Jump to: