Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:25:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Pre-emptive Strike: Lore Book 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pre-emptive Strike: Lore Book  (Read 2054 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: June 25, 2007, 01:35:56 PM

So instead of waiting for the fan sites to eat up all the potential traffice, Turbine is trying to internalize it. Lorebook is open for wiki-style editing by the public.

http://lorebook.lotro.com/

Now, I personally don't care who owns what bit of content. If I'm in a rush, I'll hit whoever's got the info, be it Allakhazam, mmodb, some wiki somewhere, whatever. But the game is still very young, and if Turbine can get the people to do for them what they've done for years on other sites, this can help Turbine adding even more buff features to their network for the users and maybe other ways to monetize them.

Good move to get this out early. Sorta wish this was ready to go at launch, but years from now I think this will have been deemed close enough :)
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 09:07:46 PM

Seems like a cheaper way of doing what Blizzard is trying to do with WoW and the Armory. Seems like it has a good chance of working too.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 09:21:51 PM

I like it overall.  Quick clix to all sorts of info.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to earn the "Naughty" title.  evil

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Pre-emptive Strike: Lore Book  
Jump to: