Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:47:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Reflecting Pools 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reflecting Pools  (Read 2828 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: June 25, 2007, 06:38:58 AM

What are these? I see them every so often, most recently at Trestlebridge (redundancy :) ) and Ost Guruth.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 06:45:05 AM

They let you jump into an instance that you have completed.  So if you join a fellowship running great barrows and you are in north downs (or anywhere with a pool) you can use the pool to jump directly there.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 08:39:01 AM

Oh ok, so something to help guildies/friends catch up? Das cool.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 07:14:43 AM

Oh ok, so something to help guildies/friends catch up? Das cool.

Beware the one drawback though. If you die and have to release you'll be at the nearest gy to the pool, not the instance. If the pool is relativly close it's not much of a problem but the one in Bree is a huge pita for doing Barrows.

Other than helping friends out, there's really no point to doing an instance more than it takes you to finish all the quests in it anyway, due to the crappy, crappy experience from elite mobs. I remember enjoying doing instances in WoW even when I didn't have quests, but until the mid 40's the loot drops are pretty well crap in LoTR's so there's really no point. Most of the bosses are there to be killed for quests and dont seem to drop anything special I've seen.

The first instance I saw a decent drop from a boss was Fornost.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 07:17:54 AM

The first instance I saw a decent drop from a boss was Fornost.

I got a decent drop from Grimbark in Garth Argawen. A sword called Stoutheart that does 16ish dps and is Westernese damage. I even sold my sword from Ivar and now I use that sword and my other sword from Book 2 Chapter 8 that does Beleriand-make damage.

My melee eff is lower but I actually do more damage so it's all good.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 09:02:50 PM

... Westernese damage.
... Beleriand-make damage.

Help out someone who hasn't played the game...  what does this mean?

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 09:29:55 PM

It's magic damage, like "fire damage" or "lightning damage" in other games. Some monsters are extra-vulnerable to it, few are particularly resistant.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Reflecting Pools  
Jump to: