Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:10:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: You Will Have to Wait For the Zu Online Beta... but it will be GLORIOUS! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You Will Have to Wait For the Zu Online Beta... but it will be GLORIOUS!  (Read 7187 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: June 18, 2007, 01:16:31 PM

June 18, 2007

IGG Announces a New MMORPG: Zu Online

Closed beta to begin in September

IGG, developer of such online games as Myth War Online, Voyage Century Online and Tales of Pirates, have announced the development of a brand new MMORPG, titled Zu Online. The game is currently scheduled to enter closed beta in September 2007.

Zu Online which refers to lots of classical sutras, has its setting based on the supernatural novel---The Life of Swordsman in a area called Zu. It is an elaborately and well-designed 3D MMORPG with a rich culture of immortals and knight-errants. Its most outstanding feature is putting emphasis on the traditional Chinese culture of monkery. The in-game quests will boost the development of storyline. Players will be able to taste flying by riding a sword, consubstantiating god and Buddha, forging mystic weapons, creating sects and other else amusing. Zu Mountain, these two characters do not only represent a range of mountains and streams. By contrast, considerable ghosts, immortals, knight-errants and uncanny fairylands have been tightly fastened to them. Zu Mountain has become the pronoun of the millenarian oriental culture of immortals and monkery. Zu Online is a story about the immortals monkery and battles against the evil.

The official preview website of Zu Online will be released soon at http://zu.igg.com.

Source

(you can taste flying!)

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 01:18:57 PM

For a moment, I read 'Zulu Online' and was genuinely excited.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 01:21:51 PM

Heh, monkery.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
lesion

Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 01:29:27 PM

my immortal anticipation is eager for consubstantiation and monkery

I keep reading it as mockery, which I think would make for a much better MMO

steam|a grue \[T]/
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 01:30:51 PM

No doubt this will involve much poo flingery.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 02:01:58 PM

Oh sure, make your little jokes.  Someday there will be nothing BUT Korean MMOs.  Why?  Because they are breeding like monkies on kittens!  And they show no signs of every stopping!  Every other sort of MMO will be consumed!  I PROMISE YOU!

schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 02:04:04 PM

Oh sure, make your little jokes.  Someday there will be nothing BUT Korean MMOs.  Why?  Because they are breeding like monkies on kittens!  And they show no signs of every stopping!  Every other sort of MMO will be consumed!  I PROMISE YOU!

Surely you meant "breeding like monkerys."
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 02:35:08 PM

And I thought it was going to be the MMOG version of This
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 03:07:48 PM

Not only do you taste flying, but you do so by riding a sword.

I think you'd start the sword before the flying, but maybe it's a dull sword.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 01:35:43 PM

My dog is named Zu.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 02:57:05 PM

This is the right place to put this.

Yegolev, your avatar just won. Period. It won life.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 05:12:23 PM

Heart

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 05:23:10 AM

Yegolev, your avatar just won. Period. It won life.

Thanks, that means a lot.  I have already put tophats on many other pictures but I want Tuco to have his moment in the sun.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 06:48:44 AM

Is there some inside joke I am missing with the top hat thing?  Or is the top hat pasted on top of Tuco suppose to funny in its own right?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 07:28:28 AM

Signe, atop her throne of in-game money cards for RF Online and Nexon games, cackled and rubbed her hands together gleefully, eyes glowing red (as usual).

All around the landscape, as far as the eye could see, people were moving around the terrain, clicking and attacking hopping slimes and fuzzy animals. Behind her, a veritable army of people sitting down on the ground in vendor mode, all hawking their wares with floating advertisements.

A keyboard with only three keys on it rested on her lap - *, ^, and _. Really though, she mused, what other keys do you need?

She raised her oversized hammer to the sky and roared, praising the gods of Asian-Market Art Direction, as she brought the hammer down on the skull of her mortal enemy, New and Improved Game Theories.

Okay, I got nothing.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 07:31:18 AM

Is there some inside joke I am missing with the top hat thing?  Or is the top hat pasted on top of Tuco suppose to funny in its own right?
Yeg is Uncle Pennybags IRL.

"Me am play gods"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 08:19:03 AM

The theme is "people/things that become respectable via application of a tophat".  Started with Lucifer, then Keanu, then the Scanners guy that was a bit outside the theme because of a pictorial reply by Der Helm to an asinine post I made.  I have more already made up, but Tuco has legs.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 12:17:27 PM

The theme is "people/things that become respectable via application of a tophat".  Started with Lucifer, then Keanu, then the Scanners guy that was a bit outside the theme because of a pictorial reply by Der Helm to an asinine post I made.  I have more already made up, but Tuco has legs.

Finaly! My place in the history books ! Thumbs up!

Wait. What ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 12:53:19 PM

Are you going to add a tophat to your avatar, or what?

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 04:40:19 AM

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #20 on: August 04, 2007, 07:49:10 AM

The in-game quests will boost the development of storyline. Players will be able to taste flying by riding a sword, consubstantiating gods, forging mystic weapons, creating sects and other else amusing.
Zu Mountain, these two characters do not only represent a range of mountains and streams. By contrast, considerable ghosts, immortals, knight-errants and uncanny fairylands have been tightly fastened to them. Zu Mountain has become the pronoun of the millenarian oriental culture of immortals and monkery.
In a word, Zu Online is a story about the immortals monkery and battles against the evil. It has attracted much attention since its debut.

We believe that Zu online will be a focus of the new online games in Q4 2007.

If I didn't know better, I'd think this was an Onion mock up. My face is still streaming with tears.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 07:55:25 AM

HA!  I will laugh at YOU as I ride my Magic Sword named Johnson dripping burning hot DEATH BLOOD from my wound on you HATERS below!

So there.

Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #22 on: August 04, 2007, 02:51:37 PM

HA!  I will laugh at YOU as I ride my Magic Sword named Johnson dripping burning hot DEATH BLOOD from my wound on you HATERS below!

So there.

If you're going to fly around all willy-nilly on a blade between your legs dripping blood from a self inflicted wound, for the sake of realism, shouldn't it be a hatchet?

I tried to ignore it, I really did, but I'm weak.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 02:22:55 PM by Nerf »
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 02:09:20 PM

My dog is named Zu.

Piker. Name it Zog next time.

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 07:57:36 PM

So there.

If you're going to fly around all willy-nilly on a blade between your legs dripping blood from a self inflicted wound, for the sake of realism, shouldn't it be a hatchet?

I tried to ignore it, I really did, but I'm weak.

I think it was Ironwood who linked the flash animation for that song last time.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: You Will Have to Wait For the Zu Online Beta... but it will be GLORIOUS!  
Jump to: