Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 07:47:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: The Titan Manifesto 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Titan Manifesto  (Read 4392 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

on: May 10, 2007, 12:13:21 PM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=518418
BoB & their alts are trolling the thread already, natch.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 01:36:24 PM

I'd be tempted to troll that thread, anyone with half a clue knows titans are overpowered.  If he really wanted titan's balanced for the good of the game he should have waited till goonfleet had their titan.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 01:38:01 PM

For anyone doubting the bumping thing:

http://www.kalleth.nildram.co.uk/images/bump.gif

Yes, that's Orange Species, one of the BoB titan pilots. :)
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 03:08:09 PM

Wow, that was really well written and explained.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 04:34:35 PM

So what is the titan actually doing to cause the bumping? Warping into the POS shield via bookmark shenanigans?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Faust
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 04:58:31 PM

What do you think that guy does for a living?

Kin Rha
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 05:22:47 PM

What do you think that guy does for a living?

Eats glue?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 05:31:30 PM

So what is the titan actually doing to cause the bumping? Warping into the POS shield via bookmark shenanigans?

Most POSes are put up at a given moon right on top of, or very close to, the point ships appear at by default ("warp-in point"). He can just warp right to the moon and *bump*, ships go flying. Even if they weren't, you can select and bookmark stuff inside the POS shields, if I recall right, which isn't a problem for a titan.

But yeah, just warping in causes the bumping. The ship collision detection stuff runs faster than the stuff that pushes the titan outside the POS shields.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 12:47:38 PM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=464

Quite heated debate. Who has one, who hasn't. Who has a Doomsday Device, who used it, size doesn't matter, it does, it's how you use it - so forth and so on. We've been following the super-capital ships closely in the last couple of months, especially with the changes Revelations 1 brought and them being more proliferated.

The main things we want to address though, is their ability to jumpdrive out (or more correctly, the inability to prevent it) and their ability to project their force remotely.

First, we're considering addressing bubbles, so that they also prevent them from jumpdriving as well as warping. It makes sense, it's not a single scrambler which can stop a whole mountain and they are already in-game. Whether we require a Mobile Warp Disruptor to do it, or allow Interdictor bubbles as well, remains to be seen. We want pilots to be able to stop them, but it shouldn't take as little as a single destroyer to do it.

We want the capitals to be in the fight, not sit at a safespot or inside a Starbase bubble, just delegating all it's firepower somewhere. If you are going to show off your toys, to some other pilots misery, at least he should see his benefactor of destruction and be able to scratch the paint a bit (or perhaps even something more).

Their ability to project their force remotely, whether that be their Fighters or the Dreaded Dooms-Day Device of Death (That's 5 D's!), is also under consideration. With the Fighters, we're considering limiting the ability to delegate Fighters to some extent. It could be so that you can delegate it only within line-of-sight or simply a maximum of Fighters each pilot can have delegated to him. This isn't such a high concern for us yet and we might wait a bit to do anything about fighter delegation (or decide not to do something), but don't be surprised if this happens.

The DDDDD on the other hand is a bit more tricky. We're not so worried about the actual damage, when we take into consideration the parameters we can change to affect it. The first is the remote ability to detonate. We're pretty sure we're removing that, but it depends more on the final combination of parameters, because they can have a drastic effect on the DDDDD.

For example, we will increase the warm-up period. So from initiation, there is a little more time to react. This, combined with removing the remote ability, should address the "hey-here-is-a-little-flee-ooh-see-the-pretty-lights-kaboom" situation. Add to that the ability to tackle it and we have an interesting situation already. Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Bring it on", doesn't it? I can already hear you saying it.

Welp, so much for titans being unstoppable killing machines. :D

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 05:43:05 PM

Trying to get a Titan or Mothership to hold still while you anchor a bubble (up to 5 minutes)?  Yeah, right.  And mothership fighters aren't really a problem. Yeah it's up to 25 fighters with the firepower of 10+ battleships, but they have the lock time from hell and delegation is already limited to 5 each.  Two carriers have the same throw weight for 1/5 the cost.

The DD changes actually would do some good, give time to recall fighters and/or warp out.  Add in powered-up POS that can actually accomplish something against 40+ dread fleets, and things get very different.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 09:33:44 PM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=464

Welp, so much for titans being unstoppable killing machines. :D

Just goes to prove that whining can make a difference. I'm sure the goons have doubled their bantam production after reading that.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 09:46:43 PM

Just goes to prove that whining can make a difference.

Say what?  I've been whining about their stupid-ass UI for ages, no results.  Bugs, too, same.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 12, 2007, 09:52:55 PM

Say what?  I've been whining about their stupid-ass UI for ages, no results.  Bugs, too, same.

You don't have thousands of people spamming the forums with whiny UI threads. Maybe you could hire the goons to do that for you.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 04:08:13 AM

You don't have thousands of people spamming the forums with whiny UI threads. Maybe you could hire the goons to do that for you.

It's worth a shot, if you think it will help.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 08:08:57 AM

Complaining about a completely retarded game mechanic is whining, huh? Fuck you.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 02:30:22 PM

*insert EVE-O quality rebuttal here*
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: The Titan Manifesto  
Jump to: