Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 09:20:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Sunday, Dec 23rd - Pew Pew Take Two 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sunday, Dec 23rd - Pew Pew Take Two  (Read 4750 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: December 16, 2007, 05:57:54 PM

Sunday, Dec 23rd - Pew Pew Take Two - 4pm EST (21:00 eve time)

Due to popular demand, lets run another! Discuss strats and fun stuff in other thread, this is pure Ship Type and fitting info here.

Also, this is a bring a friend kind of event. All are welcome, as long as they understand their ship will not make it back :)

Keeley Hazel (Slay) - Rifter

« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 06:00:35 PM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 06:17:57 PM

Since we seem to have plenty of people willing to show up and tackle I'll try to come in either a Caracal or Moa with a backup one or two ready as well.  Maybe a Ferox if I'm feeling lucky, but I doubt I'll have the ISK by then to use one that I can just lose.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 06:21:53 PM

I will definitely be there in a Frig or a Cruiser.

I would like to bring a cruiser to the next fight if I can get the money together, can someone suggest whether I should use my Vexor or upgrade to a Thorax. Also what skills and fitting would be needed for each. I barely got my MWD skill done ten minutes before take off on Sunday, so advanced notice on what to work on would be great.

P. S. I love the F13 gank night even if it is in the afternoon for me.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 06:27:49 PM by Drogo »
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 12:14:12 AM

I've got a Vexor BPO and will sell as many as you guys want at cost - which is currently about 3.5 million isk. You'll have to come pick them up in Sinq Laison though.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 01:41:34 AM

Annoyingly, I can't make this week: I head up to my parents' for Christmas on the 23rd.  I'll be back for the one after that, though.

Oh and Reg, I'd like to order a vexor please.  Feel free to contract it to me and I'll pick it up.  I'll also happily buy three from you instead, but only if you'll agree to charge a mark-up for your time and materials.

Similar offer for the Caldari people: I have a drake BPO (also ospreys, itty V, badger II and all the decent racial frigates if needed) and will happily build at cost for F13 types.  I believe I have a blackbird one, too, now I think of it, which I should definitely find now that Ewar is re-buffed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 02:02:36 AM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 02:19:35 AM

I go through hundreds of millions of minerals a day building battlecruisers and battleships. The tiny bit extra I need to build a few Vexors won't even be noticed. :)

I can provide good deals on all Gallente battlecruisers and battleships. Just give me a day or two notice as I don't always have all of them in stock.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 06:12:37 AM

Looking at the date of this (so close to holidays), if we dont get good response I'll probably cancel this one.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 07:07:58 AM

I'm not going to be able to make it, I have holiday stuff too :(

The week between christmas and new years is generally a dead time, at least for me, sometime in that area would be better.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 07:20:35 AM

I'll try to make it but not sure.  Put me down as maybe.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 07:55:13 AM

I'm not going to be able to make it, I have holiday stuff too :(

The week between christmas and new years is generally a dead time, at least for me, sometime in that area would be better.

Yep, I am off from the end of this week to the 2nd January (so until after Hogmanay, for those of you craving authentic Scottishness), so stuff in the week or so after Christmas is fine for me to stay up late and pewpew in US primetime if needed.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Slapshot76
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 09:30:04 AM

I am in...

Thrasher
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 04:46:22 PM

I can comel, 90% sure. Thorax again.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 12:53:06 PM

Can't come until I have enough standing to get a jump clone and not be suicide-running with 40m worth of implants.  Once that's taken care of, however long that many missions takes, I'm up for anything.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 01:44:25 PM

Getting +8 standings take a veeery long time.  I did that once.

The smart move is to get into a nice, tame providence corp and get a jump clone in 9UH or whatever the one they got off Ushra Khan was.  I do that every time.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 07:40:13 AM

Ok, I officially cant run this one. Family party that day. I do, however, plan on making it a weekly thing after that. o/

Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 09:17:19 AM

I'm going to assume we are skipping this Sunday due to christmas.

See you all next Sunday and have a merry christmas!
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 06:20:54 AM

Well, just to point out, next Sunday is kinda, like, New Year's Eve and such.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 07:47:14 AM

Well, just to point out, next Sunday is kinda, like, New Year's Eve and such.
Only to those whose December only has 30 days. :) The 31st is Monday.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 07:22:34 PM

Does someone want to lead another one of these?

I've heard some interest in doing another one - I think a lot of the noobs would like to do a single "session" to get their PvP feet wet without having to join BC and be at war.

- Viin
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 09:14:23 PM

Yeah now that crazy holidays have past I might be able to....

I'll get a real thread up for it tomorrow

Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 11:16:11 PM

I am in.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 06:08:17 AM

I've heard some interest in doing another one - I think a lot of the noobs would like to do a single "session" to get their PvP feet wet without having to join BC and be at war.

The problem is (unless I'm understaning something horribly wrong!) a lot of us noobs CAN'T really PvP yet without sessions like this unless we find other noobs to pick on.  With my skills I could probably fully outfit my best possible ship, go find a hulk mining and get owned if he's running T2 combat drones.  ACK!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 06:13:24 AM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 06:22:33 AM

If you are two, then I'm sure you could. One tackler that is too fast for the drones, and one long-range DPS (Caracal for instance) that can stay out of drone range should do it.

If you are alone, you can go in trying to kill his drones :D. Those things are costly, and no way a hulk has a scrambler fitted so you can run when you want.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 07:30:56 AM

Or you could join the BAT corp and always have someone to pew pew with.. it's just do you want to be out there all alone doing missions while at war? Some people aren't comfortable with that.

- Viin
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 07:40:58 AM

Or you could join the BAT corp and always have someone to pew pew with.. it's just do you want to be out there all alone doing missions while at war? Some people aren't comfortable with that.

<--- Daala Phage

Been in the BAT corp.  Ohhhhh, I see.  I have done very little mission running lately though because I'm always worried I'll get scanned down and blow up.  ACK!

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 07:51:05 AM

<--- Daala Phage

Been in the BAT corp.  Ohhhhh, I see.  I have done very little mission running lately though because I'm always worried I'll get scanned down and blow up.  ACK!

Yes I know, I was speaking with a general "you" not you specifically. :P

Don't be scared of bad guys (well especially now that we don't have any!), just be prepared to warp out as soon as someone shows up - it'd be pretty obvious if someone showed up in your mission deadspace.

- Viin
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 08:25:24 AM

Don't be scared of bad guys (well especially now that we don't have any!), just be prepared to warp out as soon as someone shows up - it'd be pretty obvious if someone showed up in your mission deadspace.

I developed a whole new fear for being ganked ever since that day when we scanned down that poor miner and after we got setup in like a 10 second span we went from not even being in his system to being on his ass with 5 ships and having him disrupted and webbed.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 08:27:01 AM

<--- Daala Phage

It's actually pretty tricky to get probed down in a mission deadspace pocket.  I managed to probe down 2 ET members in the last days of this wardec and faced two main problems:

1 - Unless you have drones out then in deadspace your signature is pretty damn low.  I can find you, but even with all my probing skills at 4 or 5 it took over 15 minutes to get them in smaller ships.  Note that a BC or BS ship, especially with lots of shield extenders, and especially fielding a flight of drones, will make you much easier to find.

2 - Although I could scan them down, I couldn't catch them.  I'd get a warp-in on their deadspace gate, jump my combat ship into the system and warp it to the covops, then jump through the gate.  I would then find myself 30km from the target in a deadspace pocket.  And unless the target is afk mission-mining he is going to notice a thorax, flashing red and slow-boating over towards him at a couple of hundred m/s.  That's 50 looong seconds before I could use a disruptor on him.  So stay well away from the deadspace pocket entrance, align, and you should be able to warp out long before the would-be tackler can reach you.

Note that these do not apply if the mission is an encounter rather than in a deadspace pocket.  In that case I can find you inside a couple of minutes.  And next time I find a mission-runner I'm packing an AB in my hold.

Also, although they had a couple of people flying around in combat ships looking for fights, it quickly became clear that -ET- were never going to have a decent covops pilot.  Without that you're fine for mission-running unless they are the sort who have mission-running bookmarks for your system, which is very rare these days.

Twitter - Endieposts

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 08:54:44 AM

Thanks for the info Endie, all very helpfull.  My signature is probably huge when I'm doing a mission since I'm in a Drake setup for passive shield tanking usually running all the drones I can, but I'll just try to be sure if I'm worried about it I motor away from the pocket entrance so I can get out in time like you said.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Sunday, Dec 23rd - Pew Pew Take Two  
Jump to: