Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:06:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 9/27 Just Cause (PC, Xbox, Xbox360, PS2) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9/27 Just Cause (PC, Xbox, Xbox360, PS2)  (Read 1953 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: September 27, 2006, 09:52:40 AM

Ill be picking up my preorder of this today on my way home from work. I played the demo and it was fun. It got some really good reviews and some bad reviews, so we will see. I think it might seem a bit crappy compaired to Saints Row. Heres hoping its good. Ill probably trade in my copy of Enchanted Arms and put it toward this.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 10:14:36 AM

It's not an RPG though, is it?  Schild mentioned it in the Okami thread when I was asking about Valkyrie 2 and if it's a free roaming rpg so I'm a bit confused.  Let me know... I'll probably make the nice girl at the video game store play some of the Valkyrie one before I buy it.  She's A-FUCKING-DORABLE and I'd introduce her to schild (god, he's snarf her right up) but he's too far away.  And she might be gay.  But he'd love her, I just know it.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 10:50:51 AM

Its not an RPG.

Its Grand Theft Auto + a tropical island + wierd stunts + parashoots.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 01:47:21 PM

The demo was fun but not widescreen. The nice folks at widescreengamingforum have a hack for the full version, though.

I found the controls very wonky, but that may have partially been due to the stretched resolution of the demo. Cars in particular were very out of control, and I don't think that was just the res...I was sliding all over the place like I was driving on fryer grease.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 01:48:04 PM

Sounds like the PC Version to me.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 12:44:51 PM

Do not buy this game. It is extremely buggy. I cant even play my xbox version for more than 10 minutes before my FPS starts to drop, and in about 20 seconds, I have 0 fps, and the game is frozen. Im pretty pissed about it. I dont know what to do.

Some people are saying that the games engine is very stressful on the xbox, and that if you have a flawed xbox, this game brings out the flaw, since no other games to date have pushed the xbox the same way. I dont know if this is true, but im pretty unhappy right now.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 01:12:04 PM

You know me with my Xbox on a mesh box.

Games never slow down.

It is never hard to find other people with the same problems as you (the global you, not you in particular Morphiend). The ones with problems are the most vocal minority. It is almost NEVER indicative of the actual size of a problem. Have you played Dead Rising? It was far more stressful on your Xbox.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 01:19:16 PM

Well, I have to send my xbox in. I dont know if it was I said, but now my 360 is freezing on every game. I also have mine well ventilated, and never had a slow down. I dont know what Just Cause did but I am majorly pissed.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 01:23:19 PM

Just Cause probably didn't do anything.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 01:24:38 PM

I dont know if it did or not. All I do know is, I didnt have a single problem till I loaded Just Cause, and now my system is fucked, and I have no xbox for 14 business days.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 01:31:25 PM

I can't recall if it was mentioned here, but if you bought a 360 before January of this year, MS will pick up the repair bill for you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 9/27 Just Cause (PC, Xbox, Xbox360, PS2)  
Jump to: