Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 06:22:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Gallente mission runners? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gallente mission runners?  (Read 3653 times)
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

on: July 23, 2006, 01:16:42 PM

Planning to grind Federation navy missions in the near future for a change of pace, so wanted to pick the your brains since I'm pretty sure we have a few Gallente mission runners around...

Currently sporting a -0.96 standing with Gallente Federation due to some questionable missions & derived standings; my main goal is to get that back into positive numbers, my secondary goal is to open up L3 Gallente Navy missions.

Thinking about starting out in Mirilene (q0 Command, q12 Command) and just grinding missions to trigger storylines.   If I need to switch up to L2's then Masalle (q6 Command, q13 Command) looks like an interesting place.   If L1 and L2 storylines give similar standing bonuses then it makes more sense to stick with L1 missions because I should be able to run through them much faster, thus triggering more storylines in the same amount of time.

Is there a nice L1/L2 navy mission hub I've missed?

Any L1/L2 missions I should treat with caution?

Anything that'll give a missile ship problems?

edit button addict.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 02:24:23 PM

You could also get the Diplomacy skill, which should give you +0.4 or so per level with factions whose natural standing towards you is negative; 3 levels of that should let you run decent agents.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 02:24:36 PM

Level 2 missions give much more faction standing than level 1s so you'll want to move along to those as quickly as you can. The only remotely challenging level 2s are Silence the Informant and Human Cattle. But you should be fine in a missile ship. I do missions for the Federation Navy out of Aunia in Sinq Laison. There's only one station in the whole system but it's got level 2, 3, 4 and a storyline agent for the Feds which makes it a convenient base for me. And it's a busy enough system that you can sell your loot there too at decent prices which is much better than going to wretched Oursalaerte. :)
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 02:42:09 PM

Be careful with Human Cattle, that can wreck your standing for other empires very quickly.  It does give you a huge boost compared to other similar level missions though...

I believe Eve-geek.com or one of the site's in the sticky has an agent-finder, which can tell you all agents within certain perameters (location, faction standing, quality, type, etc)

I'm not a missle spammer but I've been told that warping in 50km from the mission point and hitting 'fire' = win.

Why are you going for Gallente missions if you're starting faction is so low?  Level three missions pay the same from any empire (amarr gives less ammo bonuses!).  Might be easier to get Connections up to III or IV for a friendly empire and start off with the good agents.
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 05:05:27 PM

Thanks for all that guys, sounds like I should research Human Cattle a little...

Did my agent location research at eveinfo.com, I'll have a look at eve-geek.com tomorrow and see if there are any major differences.

Why Gallente over Caldari?  Partly to balance out my standings so I wont be unable to work with them later, partly because I've never done their missions before.  Luck favouring the prepared and all that.

Oh and LP offers are currently screwed up, so now is pretty much an ideal time to learn how to use a new ship and build standing without feeling like you're losing a fortune.

edit button addict.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 03:30:27 AM

Oh and LP offers are currently screwed up, so now is pretty much an ideal time to learn how to use a new ship and build standing without feeling like you're losing a fortune.

Yeah, what's the deal with LP offers?  All I get right now are very occasional drug and gun offers.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 04:10:02 AM

To be honest I have no idea.  CCP could be attempting to balance agent offers, but it's more likely they just broke them plain and simple IMO.

I was constantly getting "A gift for things to come" (implants, mostly multiple +1 and +2) and "Butterfly effect" (mining crystals, vastly overpriced).

edit button addict.
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 05:57:03 AM

Yeah, what's the deal with LP offers?  All I get right now are very occasional drug and gun offers.

I've been getting tons of implant offers, but they're the multiple +1/2 kind, which aren't all that hot because they're so cheap.  The one exception was an offer for 100m isk in exchange for something like 5k drugs total.  By the time I got that many drugs into empire, I'd have been kos to CONCORD.  What I really want are skillbooks (to use), but I would settle for +3 implants at this point.  I'm getting close to where I might as well holdout for a Caracel Navy BPC, or something in that range. 

I'm also wondering about storylines; the last dozen or so I've done have been somewhere around lv1-2 equivalent.  Trivially easy with no pay. 

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 10:45:21 AM

My last two offers from the Gallente Senate wanted me to run slaves into Space France.  No dice, Skippy.  As far as I know, if you smuggle you will be scanned and dealt with sooner or later.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Gallente mission runners?  
Jump to: