Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 12:29:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: thinking about a 2nd account? Six months $50.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: thinking about a 2nd account? Six months $50....  (Read 5726 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: March 01, 2006, 12:39:16 PM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=311

the power of 2
reported by Hellmar | 2006.02.27 18:57:19 | Comments
We have been seeing requests popping up on various communication channels about doing an EVE^2 promotion again. The requests are usually linked to the new character creation options that will be available with Thursday's Blood release.

To accommodate these requests we will offer "The Power of 2" promotion again (identical to the promotion we ran in September 2004) in conjunction with the release of Blood (poised to hit our newly upgraded Tranquility server on Thursday).

Based on our previous experience, we will have to limit this offer to credit card customers, PayByCash and Game Time Codes will not work for this promotion. I apologize in advance to our customers lacking credit cards for extending this offer without being able to provide all of the standard billing options.

On Friday, 3 March, a new button will appear in the our Account Management pages. The button will take you to a page which will allow you to create a new account with 6 months of subscription time included for 49.95 €/$.

Note: This promotion will run until the end of March and will no longer be available after the 31st.

Please send ActiveALLI some happy thoughts for putting this together in such a short period of time.

Now that is darn tempting....

WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 01:59:31 PM

I wonder if I can add my 2nd account to that?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 02:11:53 PM

~$8.50 a month?  Pretty good deal.  Eve is nothing if not a long term game, at least they're somewhat upfront about it, 24 days to ding frig V...

I wonder if they have payed off thier development debts yet?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 02:15:44 PM

I am guessing so- they just sunk some serious cash into the server upgrade- if they were worried about recouping dev costs, it seems like they would have let that limp along a few more months.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 02:23:03 PM

Considering the game is 3+ years old I dont see how they could have not paid off their dev debts?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 03:13:47 PM

Considering the game is 3+ years old I dont see how they could have not paid off their dev debts?

With a sufficient quantity of cocaine and hookers, many things are possible that are not normally within the abilities of mere mortals.

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 05:16:21 PM

Can somebody explain to me what exactly this promotion is?  Whats the difference between a Power of 2 account and a normal account?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 05:48:29 PM

24 days to ding frig V...

Jebus.  Get those learning skills up. 
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 05:54:26 PM

No kidding, Frig 5 is a little less than 5 days for me (admittedly, I've got a couple of hundred million in my "smart clone's" head, but I don't get to spend much time in that clone, anyway, that is without the implants).

And the main difference is that they are offerring you a break on the first 6 months of your subscription and including the initial registration cost, so you wind up with what would cost $95 ($20 initial registration plus $15/mo for 5 months) for a little more than half price.

Wish it had been available a month ago, but I'll be starting to buy all my game time with ISK in a few weeks, anyway.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 12:11:35 AM

24 days to ding frig V...

Jebus.  Get those learning skills up. 

Ya even in my raw noob state Frig V is only 9 days. I doubt i'll reroll or get an alt account yet, still too new for that but the new bloodlines do seem killer. From what i understand though the stats only affect training time on skills, not effectiveness, so it's a situation you'd have to do the math on pretty carefully. ie. if you are saving 2 months with a new character but you have 1.5 milliion skill points is it worth it?

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 08:19:30 AM

It would take me 28 days to go from Frig 4 to 5.  My attributes are not aligned for a combat career.  This offer is very tempting, however I can't fool myself into thinking that I have the time to play two characters.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 09:07:15 AM

Heck - for $50 its worth just making a character to ebay later :)

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 09:08:21 AM

That is a fairly decent point, or you can sell them for isk, check the market forum for an idea of what various skill levels are going for.  I'm sure there will be a market for a developed combat new-bloodline character.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 10:26:33 AM

Just to let you guys know this stuff is working now. I've already created my extra account.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 10:27:28 AM

Just to let you guys know this stuff is working now. I've already created my extra account.

In EVE or Ebay?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 10:29:07 AM

You're all a bunch of fucking offline poopsockers.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 10:33:51 AM

In EVE or Ebay?

Eve... for now. I'll probably just train up skills for 6 months and ebay it.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 11:05:48 AM

I catassed and did it too. If you have a friend interested in playing...This is too good of a deal.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 11:33:57 AM

You're all a bunch of fucking offline poopsockers.

You know you want in.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 12:32:28 PM

I created a new account too. Sigh.

- Viin
WayAbvPar

Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 01:58:23 PM

OMG that is awesome.

squirrel
Contributor

Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 05:20:08 PM

Well i created a second account as well. And running some numbers it looks like i'll reroll my main combat character - Talan is kind of gimped in perc and a new Achura character can surpass his Skills in pretty short order now that i know what i'm doing.

So looks like a caldari miner/industrialist and a caldari combat character are on deck.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 03:09:30 AM

hmmm. I can't believe I'm thinking about a second account. $30/Month. Wtf. But I was playing around with the character creation to help out a friend that's just getting into the game. One of the things I came up with was a 13 Pers, 10 Will Khanid sexeh lady with Amarr Frigate 5 (WTF  shocked). That's 26/23 all skilled up and with implants. Crazy.

So now I have this almost irresistable urge to realy hardcore spec my main in flying frigs/cruisers and create an alt that would be really hard spec'd in flying a Megathron (BS4-5 with these attributes is like 20 days!!!) and maybe even a Dread some day. Please tell me I'm an idiot and why I shouldn't go ahead with this. PLEASE.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 07:19:57 AM by Wolf »

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 04:41:56 AM

Sounds like a great Idea Wolf!
 :-D
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 07:13:19 AM

ONE OF US!  ONE OF US!

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 12, 2006, 08:07:41 AM

The point is to discourage me. Not encourage me. duh.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 08:15:55 AM

Every day you delay is a day behind in skill training. Git er done.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 08:17:22 AM

Why do you need a second account? Why not just create a character on the same acct, or does only one character skill up at a time?

I'm speccing for fighting and eventually for pvp, but I'll probably create a second miner/trader character...
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #28 on: May 12, 2006, 08:23:49 AM

Why do you need a second account? Why not just create a character on the same acct, or does only one character skill up at a time?

You got it.  There are plenty of uses for same-account alts, but those uses don't involve skill training.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #29 on: May 12, 2006, 08:26:30 AM

You got it.  There are plenty of uses for same-account alts, but those uses don't involve skill training.

Son of a bitch, you can't skill up multiple characters at once? :(  Thank god there's no cap on the number of skills, I'll have to be leveling mining and crap as well.. oh well, at least I won't have to level learning and aux skills again, and the only stat I'm deficient at is charisma.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: thinking about a 2nd account? Six months $50....  
Jump to: