Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:17:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: two charactors online on 1 computer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: two charactors online on 1 computer  (Read 1995 times)
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

on: April 24, 2006, 05:34:06 PM

i thought if i copied eve folder i could run both accounts actively. im finding that the second copied folder wont start. i can run 2 instances of eve but i dare not be active with both or ill crash to desktop. im running 2 gig of ram amd 3400+ 6800gt. eve isn't very hard ware intensive. if you need more info about my setup please ask. but i would like to mine and haul and help the corp out with minerals.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 05:38:42 PM

I don't even have two eve folders on this PC. I frequently run 3 copies of Eve, when I don't want to fire up my notebook or my other PC.

Only problems is a bit of a slowdown overall. This is a barton 2500+, 1 gig ram, radeon 9500. You should be able to handle it fine.

Using windowed mode right? Fullscreen might be the problem.
hal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 05:57:03 PM

thanks for your reply, and great thanks for the map link, that is totally uber. yes i run in windowed mode. guess ill give it another try.

squirrel
Contributor

Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 06:01:04 PM

Yup just launch another instance, you only need 1 copy/install. I do it almost all the time i play, particularly like above when i'm too lazy to fire up the laptop.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 10:04:13 PM

Disable "sun is occluded by ships" in both instances and sound completely in one (or both) of them.  Personally I use different installs just for the ease saving options and keeping logs separate.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 10:37:40 PM

Yup just launch another instance, you only need 1 copy/install. I do it almost all the time i play, particularly like above when i'm too lazy to fire up the laptop.

I should mention, both my gaming rig and laptop are dual core, dunno if that helps but two instances runs dreamy.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 06:30:50 AM

I run two instances of Eve on my PC simultaneously, with no problems.  And I bought this one when SWG came out (P4 2.4, i think, though upgraded 6600 card), so it's not cutting edge by any means.  I'm waiting for something bleeding edge for Vista and DX10 when it arrives before I upgrade.  And Vista keeps slipping...

The Eve graphics engine is over 4 years old, though, running on a basic core of DX8, so it's not going to push too hard, gorgeous as it is.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 09:01:05 AM

Maybe I should mention that I wasn't able to run two clients at once until I established two accounts.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
hal
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 09:09:42 AM

Just to update im not having any problems now. Turning off sound on one account seems to have been the answer.

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 09:26:44 AM

I turned off the sound anyways, even running only one instance of the client...Eve's audio tends to crash my comp, and is prone to pops and clicks for some reason anyway.  That's probably what I get for using the mobo's shitty on-board audio.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: two charactors online on 1 computer  
Jump to: