Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 06:33:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Character flubbed 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Character flubbed  (Read 9154 times)
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 21, 2006, 06:02:40 PM

Nice work on the maps.  Cartography is a rare skill that I definitely don't have.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: February 22, 2006, 08:06:55 AM

EQ2Map is essential. That said, it's very assy IMO. EQ2's built-in mapping system is the weakest of the weak sauce, an absolute travesty of "we put it in there because other people had a map but we didn't really try" design. Shitty shit shit shit mapping system. EQ2Map makes it bearable, but man there are a lot of tiny ass dots on there, and the cursor sometimes just can't distinguish between them.

But it is a billion times better than the built-in maps.

Xilren's Twin

Reply #37 on: February 22, 2006, 09:56:31 AM

Sewers are an outstanding shortcut and much less laggy.
Bigtime. For those non goodie goodies, it's called 'Down Below' or 'Catacombs' on the city zone maps. Oddly enough, 14 months later, this map is still accurate. Come to think of it, maybe with liking EQ2 now, I should finish the rest

Not sure why this would be helpful.  It's not getting from zone to zone thats the issue, it performance within the city zones themselves and you have to go into them to talk to the quest givers and junk.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 22, 2006, 11:54:25 AM

Ah, misunderstood.

I often wish we could save templates of our settings. When I'm soloing, I can consistently use High Performance no problem. In a group, I go to Very High Performance. In a city, I go to Extreme Performance, and make sure complex shader is down to -1. Looks like ass without complex shader, but I can move at 20-25fps (feels like. Haven't found the FPS monitor yet and fraps always hits my framerate in EQ2 just enough to be annoying).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Character flubbed  
Jump to: