Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:27:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 3/29/06 - Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3/29/06 - Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)  (Read 2332 times)
schild
Administrator

on: March 26, 2006, 10:19:04 PM

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 08:10:46 PM

Wife went out and bought this as she's a huge fan of the game.   I played a bit tonight since WoW's been down and it's entertaining, but I dunno if I can get into the story, myself.  The kids are even more 'kid-like' than the FF-series heroes, which gets kind of grating.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 08:56:52 PM

Is the camera still completely assy? In the original it would swing around and your guy would cover up the entirety of the screen. Please tell me that's been fixed.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 10:06:25 AM

I only played for about an hour last night.  What with all the fucking cutscenes and tutorial bullshit I didn't get far enough in to find out.  I'll ask the wife tonight when I get home. She's had all day to play it and just told me on the phone she's at Belle's Castle already (2nd world).

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 05:34:23 PM

Wife reports that the camera is much improved.  Doesn't get stuck behind you anymore, and you can control it with the right analog stick instead of the L1 R1 button setup that the first game used.   She had a few things to say about the combat as well and how it's improved.  The specials button lighting-up on it's own and combos w/ your secondary characters were the highlights.  I've forgotten the rest.

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 06:36:27 PM

With KH1 I just hit 'select' to go to first-person then immediately hit it again so the camera is just where it was in fp (e.g., behind me). Still a pain in the ass, but faster than waiting for the L1 or R1 to s-l-o-w-l-y swing it around.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 08:22:02 PM

The camera is still mildly annoying but much improved, and combat is about the same as ever.

Man, the prologue is boring as hell though. Also, it did the same thing that annoyed me in Chain of Memories where they took Kingdom Heart's relatively interesting plot (a premise, a definite villain, with some unknowns at the end) and just suddenly threw in a ton of new characters and a secret organization full of cowled idiots who speak in riddles.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 08:50:19 PM

Wow. Pirates of the Caribbean World was fucking phoned in by b-list nobodies. What a terrible zone.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 3/29/06 - Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)  
Jump to: