Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 01:00:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Stupid Yearbook Hijinks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stupid Yearbook Hijinks  (Read 1719 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: May 25, 2005, 11:01:50 AM

Quote from: AP
District Apologizes To Student Identified As 'Black Girl' In Yearbook
District Reprinting Pages Affected By Mistake

POSTED: 1:15 pm EDT May 23, 2005
UPDATED: 1:23 pm EDT May 23, 2005

WAXAHACHIE, Texas -- A North Texas school district has apologized to a student identified only as "Black Girl" in a high school yearbook photo of the school's National Honor Society.

All white students are identified by name in the photograph in the Waxahachie High School yearbook distributed Friday.

The teen identified as "Black Girl" is the only black student in the photo.

Waxahachie school district spokeswoman Candace Ahlfinger said the district and the school board issued an immediate apology when the caption was reported.

Ahlfinger said the caption apparently was intended as a placeholder until the yearbook staff could identify the student.

She told the Waxahachie Daily Light that the label was a poor choice, but it was not meant maliciously nor meant to be printed.

She said the district is having the four pages affected by the mistake reprinted as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 04:42:27 PM by Shockeye »
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 11:03:34 AM

Jesus. Were the rest of the fuckheads in the picture wearing white sheets?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 11:08:27 AM

Might as well keep the yearbook theme going.

Fla. School Cuts Pages Out Of Yearbooks

POSTED: 4:35 am EDT May 25, 2005

BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. -- Administrators at Bonita Springs Middle School cut out yearbook pages with pictures of two students flashing gang signs and a joke about a student's weight.

Hundreds of books produced by students in the school's yearbook class were distributed Monday but were collected again when administrators noticed the offending sections.

None of the books went home with the offending pictures intact.

Principal John Basel said the yearbook's adviser should have caught both problems before the book went to the printer.

The girl and boy making gang signs with their fingers have left the school. By chance, their pictures appeared on opposite pages.

The school has a zero-tolerance policy on gangs and allows expulsions for students who draw pictures of gang-related images.

"A lot of these kids who are gang wannabes, they want to look like they're making signs," Basel said.

Another page with predictions about career goals listed a girl as a "Future President of Weight Watchers."

"That's really hurtful, and it shouldn't have been in there," Basel said.

The stopgap measures follow action taken earlier this month by Boynton Beach school officials. Stickers were used to cover the yearbook photo of a high school senior wearing a collar and leash after the teen's mother complained about the artwork accompanying his "Most Whipped" designation.
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 11:24:00 AM

LOL... pretty lame.  I was on HS/college yearbook staff - pictures just did not go into the galleys until we had names.

Waxahachie has a pretty sizable minority population.  /cough
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 04:42:10 PM

Secret Service Looks Into Yearbook Prank

Thursday, May 26, 2005

(05-26) 15:02 PDT WIDEFIELD, Colo. (AP) --

Most Mesa Ridge High School students got yearbooks with a black mark under one student's picture, covering up a phrase that has caught the Secret Service's interest.

After about 100 yearbooks were distributed May 6, somebody complained about the caption, which reads "most likely to assassinate President Bush." School officials asked students to return the yearbooks, and staff members used markers to cover up the words in those and the still-undistributed books.

"They kind of ruined our yearbook," said Christina Tredway, who just graduated from the school.

Widefield School District officials said it was a prank that wasn't caught before the yearbooks were printed.

District spokesman James Drew said future yearbooks will be triple-checked before printing.

Lon Garner, special agent in charge of the Secret Service's Denver District, said all threats against the president must be investigated.

"That's our mission," he said. "That's what we do."
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 06:11:58 PM

I was editor of my high school yearbook for two years. When I didn't know who someone was in a picture we'd put "white kid" or "9th grade?" in the list of people.

Someone forgot to take it out. And that's hilarious.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 09:36:37 AM

I'm just flabbergasted that so many adults are losing their water over yearbook shit.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 05:27:03 PM

Quote from: Click on Detroit
Students Asked To Return Controversial Yearbooks
Yearbook Entry Apparently Calls Teachers Child Molesters

POSTED: 1:33 pm EDT May 27, 2005
UPDATED: 1:40 pm EDT May 27, 2005

DETROIT -- Students at Cody High School in Detroit have been asked to return their yearbooks because of some controversial content inside them, Local 4 reported.

In a section of the yearbook titled, "Confessions From Students," one entry lists the initials of two teachers at the school and refers to them as "Chesters," which is a slang term for child molester, the station reported.

Another section of the book featured a photo of a lesbian couple.

The school's principal said the picture is not much of a concern, but the statement about the teachers has officials requesting that students return the yearbooks so they can reprint and redistribute a revised version, the station reported.

Some students said the recall is unnecessary.

"It don't make no sense to me to take the yearbook back and take stuff out of it," said Roxianna Horne, a senior at the school.

Students are being encouraged to return the yearbooks, but will not be punished if they do not comply with the request, the station reported.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 08:17:04 AM

"It don't make no sense to me to take the yearbook back and take stuff out of it," said Roxianna Horne, a senior at the school.

Please tell me she's not a graduating senior.  But I'm willing to bet that she was on yearbook staff.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 07:03:29 PM

Ayuh, got a pitcha on page fowah of huh chawin tabacca.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Stupid Yearbook Hijinks  
Jump to: