Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 05:41:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Car thief pwned 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Car thief pwned  (Read 6688 times)
WayAbvPar

on: September 15, 2005, 03:04:49 PM

Linky

SEATTLE - One man's unconventional way of curbing car theft in his Queen Anne neighborhood is winning him a lot of applause. Ken Cavallon literally caught one of the suspected prowlers in the act, and has the photo to prove it.

It all started early Tuesday morning when Ken's wife noticed three people outside their home trying to break into her husband's truck.

She went back inside to tell him about what she saw and Ken said he didn't hesitate. "I realized, enough is enough, so I came flying up the hill."

The youth football coach immediately ran toward the thief's getaway vehicle and grabbed one of the men inside.

"The window was down just a little bit, so I ripped the window out, it shatters all over the ground," Ken said. "I try to pull him out of the car and the seat belt gets in the way, so I open up the car door, and as the guy's driving the get away car away, I yank him out of the car, throw him to the ground, pick him up, slam him on the hood of my truck, and just held him there."

Ken's neighbor, Thomas Oates, said that is indeed what happened. Oates ran outside when he heard all of the noise. "Ken took the window out of the car, and reached in, and yanked the little puke out of the window of a moving car," he said. "It was unreal."

"I had to yell at (the thief) at one point, and I said, 'dude, I'm three times your weight, and twice your strength, so don't even try,' " Ken added.

The story may sound unbelievable, but Thomas snapped a picture - the proof that Ken Cavallon caught the suspected car thief in a hold he learned in the military.

He didn't let him go until police arrived. He said Seattle police officers gladly took the 20 year old off his hands, but they don't recommend taking such matters into your own hands.

"Running outside, and taking on multiple suspects, I would advise against," said Seattle Police Officer Rich Pruitt. "In this case, it did work out, and he was able to catch one of the bad guys."

Ken hopes that what he did will make a difference in his neighborhood that, as of late, has been plagued with car prowls.

"They seem to think this is easy pickin's, and we're just not going to let it be easy pickin's anymore," Ken said.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I wish the next picture showed the guy anally raping the little fucker, since he won't be in jail long enough for it to happen there. It would serve the little scumbag right.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 03:13:30 PM

Man, that guy has football coach written all over him.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 07:11:00 PM

You know what the sad part is?  That coach is going to get his ass sued by those mouthbreathers.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 09:35:18 PM

I like that the other guy referred to the thief as a "little puke."  It sounds so Dirty Harry, it gives me a Clint Eastwoody.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 12:30:46 AM

And yet, had he been shot in the attempt, how quickly we would have called him a 'damn fool' for trying it.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Arnold
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 02:12:18 AM

Hehe, my old roommate is about 6'4" and 300 pounds.  He was in a store one day when someone shoplifted and ran out.  He chased them, but I think it was more because he thought he had a chance to whoop some ass than anything eslse.  The guy got in his car and my roommated punched the side window to break it, so he could drag the thief out... and ended up not breaking the window, but his arm.

LOLZ!
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 08:18:06 AM

There was a professional boxer of small repute who died after successfully punching through a car window and severing the artery in his wrist in the process.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 10:07:56 AM

And yet, had he been shot in the attempt, how quickly we would have called him a 'damn fool' for trying it.

The line between damned fool and hero is often scribed by success.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 10:55:14 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I wish the next picture showed the guy anally raping the little fucker, since he won't be in jail long enough for it to happen there. It would serve the little scumbag right.

Yeah, he's a coach alright.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 11:39:03 AM

Caption time!

SAY MY NAME, BITCH! SAY MY NAME!

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 12:16:28 PM

I'MO MAKE YOU SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 12:30:01 PM

You got got a pretty mouth boy...

ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 12:47:38 PM

You've got nice hands. Do you moisturize?
jinxer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 16, 2005, 12:50:47 PM

He puts the lotion on the roof.....HE PUTS THE LOTION ON THE ROOF!!

The bats are mine, mine I tell you!! I saw them first!
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 16, 2005, 01:18:01 PM

"Really? Cuz I don't feel a thing."
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 02:09:51 PM

"No, it's NOT motivating me to do my best."

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 12:44:23 AM

"You're still not getting my Bud Light."
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 17, 2005, 12:54:49 AM

Redneck Log Cabin Republicans National Convention

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #18 on: September 17, 2005, 09:00:46 AM

Lum inducts another intern at Mythic.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 09:52:59 AM

"This is still better than my old job at EA."

OcellotJenkins
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 17, 2005, 11:32:31 AM

Another picture of the corn fed son of a bitch.  Could pass for Toby Keith.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #21 on: September 19, 2005, 09:38:22 AM

In NY, anyway, people have a lot of latitude in detaining perpetrators under citizen's arrest. I've seen cars shot at and windows broken with baseball bats without any form of civil monetary recourse nor criminal charges.
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 19, 2005, 10:41:39 AM

In NY, anyway, people have a lot of latitude in detaining perpetrators under citizen's arrest. I've seen cars shot at and windows broken with baseball bats without any form of civil monetary recourse nor criminal charges.

If you witness a felony, you are OK to arrest someone in the US.  States have differing laws as to what other circumstances allow arrest, but stealing a car (grand theft) is a felony.  It's generally a bad idea though, since most people aren't physically up to the requirements, and aren't aware of applicable laws.  You get to subject yourself to lawsuit from false arrest, kidnapping, or civil right suits, if you made a mistake in the arrest.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Car thief pwned  
Jump to: