Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:29:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Apollo 18 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Apollo 18  (Read 1507 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

on: February 22, 2011, 09:08:25 PM

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/apollo18/

DRILLING AND MANLINESS awesome, for real DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I fucking love found footage movies.  This looks like a fucking awesome idea for one.  My only regret is that, like most found footage movies, I wish I hadn't seen the trailer because they can't but help give away to much shit.  Would be better walking into it knowing nothing.  But oh well, still looks like fun.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:33:36 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 02:56:52 AM

That is a beautiful setup for a horror movie! Conspiratory, suspense and (almost)unseen foe - it looks awesome. Now I just have to write down "see apollo 18 on premiere" in my notebook and in someway forget I ever saw the trailer.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 02:15:16 AM

Man Apollo 13 was good, but this franchise is beyond beaten to death.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 02:02:28 PM

why so serious?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 10:27:02 PM

So I saw this last month when it actually came out.  I'm sad to say it wasn't very good.  It wasn't bad, per say, but it just didn't do the found footage thing correctly, and ended up dragging.

Without spoiling much (and frankly, there isn't much to spoil) the damn thing just wasn't scary or tense.  If your going to do shaky cam found footage films, a key part is making shit look real on screen, and being subtle.  Make you sort of believe this is real.  They did a bad job of that, as the camera would constantly shift or do close ups when something "exciting" was happening, when there was nobody god damn there to zoom the fucking camera in.  It was just all over the place.  No tension.  No real scary moments.  It just sort of dragged.  Having said that, it was well done quality wise, and the acting seemed fine.  It was just incredibly MEH.  Such a let down.  This was an awesome idea for a film, but they just couldn't run with it.

Also, they had some moments of REALLY BAD CG, where they tried to make shit look like it was happening on old 1960's black and white video.  And it looked really bad, and broke immersion, which is absolutely key for enjoying these sorts of movies.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Apollo 18  
Jump to: