Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 07:36:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Machine [March 2014] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Machine [March 2014]  (Read 956 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: February 21, 2014, 11:15:25 PM

Not sure what happened to the old thread, so I guess this is a kinda sorta necro.  New(er) HD trailer with release date was just put out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E8s9GDwoBc
http://themachinemovie.com/

I guess it's UK cinema and VOD release end of March, then dvd/blu-ray shortly after.  Hopefully the US wont be region locked come VOD time.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 09:32:52 AM

Mmmk, this is now available on VOD for everyone, I beleve through Itunes and Amazon.  Probably not worth a blu-ray purchase but it's definitely a movie worth watching.  Good, simple yet strong, low-budget, british sci-fi-ethics movie.  It's kind of a cheaper version of what would be a Bladerunner prequel (if I had to describe it).  Even the music is vaguely similar.  It's up to 79% on RT as well.

Do not look for a heck of a lot of pew-pew bang-splosion.  This movie, like Bladerunner, is more of a dystopian thought experiment.  That said, I found myself wanting at the end.  The movie needed to be bigger; great premise kind of wasted on a small film, but a pretty good one nonetheless.

Caity Lotz = awesome.  At least in this type of role.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:35:13 AM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 02:23:13 PM

Saw this recently.  I agree with you, it's a flawed, but entertaining movie.

A few tweaks to the script and a bit bigger budget, and It could been in the same league as Bladerunner.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Machine [March 2014]  
Jump to: