Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:03:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: NFL Playoff Picks Round 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoff Picks Round 2  (Read 5007 times)
Boogaleeboo
Delinquents

Reply #35 on: January 16, 2005, 05:59:51 PM

I'd like to direct all of you who thought Payton Manning was more than a choke artist to the score of that game again. How many wins do the Pats need to be a dynasty again?
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #36 on: January 16, 2005, 06:42:16 PM

Quote from: Boogaleeboo
all of you who thought Payton Manning was more than a choke artist

You do a disservice to the Pats' D, sir.

How many wins do the Pats need to be a dynasty again?

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #37 on: January 16, 2005, 06:42:36 PM

It will be interesting to see how many points NE can score on the Pitt D which is 3000x better than Indy's, particularly against the run which is where NE killed Indy today.  If Ben can get his act together and not throw INTs Pitt should be able to take it, although NE's LBs will be causing him havoc all day. If he throws 2 ints the game will be a rout.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Disco Stu
Delinquents

Reply #38 on: January 16, 2005, 06:54:12 PM

I'd like to direct all of you who thought Payton Manning was more than a choke artist to the score of that game again. How many wins do the Pats need to be a dynasty again?

One more. Next week. They'll get it if the steelers O plays the same as they did this week.  However if the steelers keep the turnovers to 0 or 1 they have a good shot at pounding the Pats into the ground. It's really up to Rothlisberger, he was awful this week but that was against a Jets team that had fucked him up before. He just needs to hand the ball off and not throw any more passes to the other teams secondary (those 2 picks this week were unforgivable in a playoff game).
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #39 on: January 16, 2005, 07:04:17 PM

Quote from: Abagadro
If Ben can get his act together and not throw INTs Pitt should be able to take it

Is that rookie I smell?  Dinner's on!

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 16, 2005, 08:33:13 PM

Quote from: sidereal
Quote from: Abagadro
If Ben can get his act together and not throw INTs Pitt should be able to take it

Is that rookie I smell?  Dinner's on!

Yes. If the Steelers stick to the running game, they'll certainly grill the Pats.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #41 on: January 16, 2005, 09:48:47 PM

If we learned anything it's that certain parties involved in the playoffs don't belong in the playoffs if they decide to not SHOW UP. Thus, everyone will fall to the Falcons in the NFC because it is part of the cruel humor of football. In the meantime, the playoffs are where moments are made. At least that's what the celebs keep telling me in the commercials.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 16, 2005, 10:19:08 PM

When it came down to it, they Colts didn't do anything on offense OR defense. It was just a poor showing from start to finish.

I don't think they had a good gameplan. IMO, in the regular season coaching is really about running practices and motivating players. It's in the playoffs where game strategy really starts making a difference. The Colts seemed to have a very poor strategy overall. It seemed like the Pats were able to load up the line of scrimmage and the Colts couldn't or wouldn't throw anything over the top. I don't know if the weather had them psyched out or what. Normally they average 10 yard a pass, today it was only 5. Their short passing game just wasn't accomplishing anything but they kept going to it.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #43 on: January 17, 2005, 09:14:09 AM

I went 2-2 again, because there were no upsets this week. The home team won every fucking game.

I like Philly over Atlanta, because there needs to be a rule....you aren't allowed into the Super Bowl if you lose to Detroit.

And I can't help but take the Pats over Pittsburgh now. Both have stingy defenses, both have strong running games, both have a trio of talented WRs. They both play in cold weather, so home field comes down to the crowd....and the NYJ game proves that Heinz Field can be deathly quiet if the Steelers are hurting. At that point, I have to side with the QB with 2 rings over the rookie.

And I'll take the AFC Champ to win it all in Jacksonville. Quite a shocker, I realize.

Bring the noise.
Cheers............
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #44 on: January 17, 2005, 10:16:19 AM

Wow, did the Colts just blow it, or what? And I don't think you can blame that one on Manning. He threw no INT's. When he looked downfield, NO ONE WAS OPEN. The NE corners surprised the shit out of me. Hell, Troy Brown surprised me. But it all came back to coaching. Crenell and Belichek just game planned the fuck out of the Colts. It'll be interesting to see how the Pats do next year after both Crenell and Weis move on to other jobs. Crenell should have been a head coach years ago.

Pittsburgh has very little chance, I think. Had Indy actually established a successful running game, they might have been able to win. The Pats just flat out wore down that defense. You cannot allow a team a 16, 15 and 14 play drive in the second half when you are down. All the teams that won this week did so with a strong run game and defense, neither of which the Colts had. The Pats beat the Colts by keeping the ball out of Manning's hands. Had the Colts done that to the Pats, we'd be talking about Manning.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #45 on: January 17, 2005, 10:32:01 AM

He threw 1 INT, but actually had a pretty good game (27/42 for 249) but he didn't have the ball all that much to do anything and the front 7 shut down the run so well that they could just play cover 2 all day and make it hard to get anything deep.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ardent
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 17, 2005, 10:50:29 PM

Quote from: Dark Vengeance
At that point, I have to side with the QB with 2 rings over the rookie.

The Earth (last three months): Peyton Manning! OMGWTF! Peyton Manning!

Tom Brady (last Sunday): No, I don't think so.

The Earth: Oh, yeah. Forgot about that other guy. The one that actually wins. Sorry about that. (sulks away, embarassed)

Um, never mind.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 18, 2005, 03:25:43 PM

The Pats-Steelers game promises to be an epic matchup of two football teams who play the way God intended.  Offenses that revolve around the offensive lines and defenses featuring bone-jarring hitters at almost every position.  They should outlaw the forward pass and bring back the wedge formation for this one.

Or Roflsberger and the Steelers punt coverage team could choke like dogs, just like every other Cowher #1 seed.

IMO, strategy mistake the Colts made was spending 70% or so of their cap money on offense.  That way you get a team built to run up 55 points on the Lions and built to fizzle in the playoffs.  Payton is the Andre Ware of the pro game.

In any event GO STILLERS!!!!

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: NFL Playoff Picks Round 2  
Jump to: