Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 05:18:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Batman Begins 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman Begins  (Read 17355 times)
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #105 on: January 17, 2005, 12:47:17 PM

I do hope you've all read Transmetropolitan.

Given this board's affection for Fear & Loathing and that the main character of this book is based on a particular journalist portrayed by Depp in that film.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #106 on: January 17, 2005, 01:31:40 PM

Quote from: HaemishM
Preacher kicks all kind of ass. To the point that I'm sorry that Ennis went on to do the Punisher, because really, that's a character in need of a good permanent vacation.

I've read the older Marvel stuff, which was OK (Welcome Back Frank is cool and all, but nothin' like Preacher), but I noticed that they moved Ennis' series to Marvel Max. Has it gotten better or worse?

Whedon's Astonishing X-Men will show you all you need to know about how well Whedon handles someone else's characters. Namely, quite fucking well, provided he likes them.

I think Astonishing sucks because I think the art sucks. I have the first couple issues, but I couldn't stick with it. Good writing or not.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #107 on: January 17, 2005, 01:33:19 PM

You don't like John Cassady's artwork? PHILISTINE!

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #108 on: January 18, 2005, 08:57:52 PM

Well the Fantastic Four trailer is up now.  Doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, but it's still the Fantastic Four and I still can't bring myself to care all that much about it.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: January 18, 2005, 09:18:26 PM

Whedon's Xmen has me tempted to buy a comic again for the first time in over a decade. I was looking through it in a store and caught myself going "I wonder what is going to happen to Kitty in the next issue?"

Good sign that.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #110 on: January 19, 2005, 11:17:43 AM

That Fantastic Four trailer got me a bit excited. I still think the Thing doesn't look quite right; he's too sheeny, too latexy. But the other effects looked decent. The trailer needed more of the actors speaking, because you get nothing of their characters through that.

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #111 on: January 19, 2005, 12:25:44 PM

Instantly suspicious.

I don't trust trailers with barely any dialogue.  That tells me that they had such a hard time finding decent dialogue, they decided just to go with action shots.  Last movie that did this: Catwoman.

I like the song they picked, but I doubt it's in the film.  That's another reason to be suspicious.

I'm predicting a very mediocre film indeed, not that you have to be psychic to predict that yet another superhero film will suck.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: January 19, 2005, 12:52:07 PM

The song was the remixed "Counting bodies like sheep" by A Perfect Circle.  I'm not sure how they got Maynard and Co. to let them use their song, but I suspect pacts with the devil were involved.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #113 on: January 19, 2005, 10:34:21 PM

Also Marvel related, Mile High comics has a lot of new full issue previews to check out.  Some decent stuff there, some ok issues, and some crap.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Batman Begins  
Jump to: