Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:36:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: T3 announced... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: T3 announced...  (Read 12019 times)
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 08:48:15 AM

And thus begins the age of the Laserthron?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 08:53:24 AM

I seriously always wanted a little Drone Boat that had Missiles as it's secondary instead of guns.

The Amar Cruiser has the one slot and a pair of lasers, but it isn't the same! (It's also another few million skill points away from my point path QQ etc)

There is some like, SpecCovOps that actually has a full missile rack, but it's also a SpecCovOps thing that costs a jillion dollars and takes a jillion skill points to fly. A Totally reasonable investment for someone who would dick around in abandoned lowsec and lvl 2 missions  awesome, for real

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 08:55:08 AM

If this opens up an era where instead of having to wait on a fix to a widespread type of winbutton and instead design and build ships to specifically counter your opponent's flavor of the week, then let me buy the champagne.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 11, 2008, 09:05:35 AM

Nice in theory of course.  I fear the time and complexity of development may hamper this.  Should this be the playground of the rich?
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 11, 2008, 09:08:15 AM

If this opens up an era where instead of having to wait on a fix to a widespread type of winbutton and instead design and build ships to specifically counter your opponent's flavor of the week, then let me buy the champagne.

Or it opens up a minmax hell of wanting to build a ship to counter your enemy's tricked out newvaga with spinners, but not being able to get to the resources required to do so, and another t2 pre invention cockblock of epic proportions! Grin

However, this is guaranteed to start a new, epic shitfit thread. Consider it the "3x small guns bonuses on a carrier hull?" memorial thread.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 09:09:51 AM

Small Gun bonus would rock my overplayed vexor's world!

Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 09:21:32 AM

I seriously always wanted a little Drone Boat that had Missiles as it's secondary instead of guns.

Curse.

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 11, 2008, 09:31:36 AM

Or it opens up a minmax hell of wanting to build a ship to counter your enemy's tricked out newvaga with spinners, but not being able to get to the resources required to do so, and another t2 pre invention cockblock of epic proportions! Grin

Probably this. I gave that promise about the champagne knowing I don't really drink. Nevertheless, we will have some fun.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 09:35:00 AM

You CAN do that with a curse, but it is an EWAR platform with no missile bonuses.  Sure you can be flexible, but why do that to the poor thing.   Curse is for cap warfare =)  What I COULD see is refitting a Pilgrim with T3 whatever so it has launchers.  That would of course require altering fitting groups AND bonuses.  Dangerous dangerous territory.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008, 10:25:58 AM

Yeh I got that it seemed to be insterstitally connected by the pics but that doesn't mean you won't be able to mix racial hulls per se. But then again if you can't, I don't understand how excellent it's gonna be although you could have a gallente ship with megathron highs dominix mids and megathron lows, megathron blaster bonus and dominix drone bonus culminating in approximately 1800 DPS with a load of EWAR to boot  Head scratch Sounds cool though.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: November 11, 2008, 04:12:21 PM

Yea the curse was what I was referring too with the Jillion Spec Points, Jillion dollars SpecCovOps ship. Waaaaay out of my price and skillpoint range.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: November 11, 2008, 06:12:11 PM

I dunno about you, I get my Curses at a good price.  Not that I buy any.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: November 11, 2008, 08:15:47 PM

I think my total net worth would amount to a 100 million and my total SP would top out around 5? I haven't checked in months now.

I'm fairly confident I could not sustain a Curse lifestyle.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #48 on: November 12, 2008, 02:33:55 PM

Hopefully it will raise the price of megacyte and zydrine.  awesome, for real
Theoretically, it should be morphite dependent.  Which will have some...interesting, effects both strategically and economically (exploration is going to become important for finding what is an actually rare mineral).

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: November 13, 2008, 02:58:44 AM

Maybe we should have kept the drone regions after all...

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 13, 2008, 03:28:43 AM

Maybe we should have kept the drone regions after all...

This was a fierce argument in the Goonswarm ISK group before the announcement, especially as there is no place in the game as effective for building supercaps as the drone regions.  But they were a nightmare to defend: by camping the EFM gap, someone could effectively split our space in two.

In any case, ZS- and the two neighbouring systems have 39 belts of mercoxit (the other is of ice)  awesome, for real

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 10:04:55 AM

Bricks  awesome, for real
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: November 14, 2008, 10:41:44 AM

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: November 14, 2008, 11:36:50 AM

It was the only good thing about GalCIv.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: November 14, 2008, 12:00:52 PM

I object, those ships are too good looking to be Caldari.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: November 14, 2008, 12:31:46 PM

Well think how cool the amarr ships might look. The fourth ship in the third row = y-wing and the very last one looks like a Gal-civ abortion.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: November 14, 2008, 12:33:51 PM

The fourth ship in the third row = y-wing

Amarr HM - Geek Cred +1

awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 14, 2008, 12:37:01 PM

The fourth ship in the third row = y-wing

Amarr HM - Geek Cred +1

awesome, for real

Gotta do this now to restore the balance Rock on!

acerogue26
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: November 15, 2008, 01:14:02 PM

No one saw the Serenity as the first ship in the third row? Thread's Geek Cred - 1.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: T3 announced...  
Jump to: