Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 06:07:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: BOP-BOE 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BOP-BOE  (Read 2915 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

on: November 07, 2008, 11:30:33 AM

Interesting but apparently all bosses in wotlk raid/dungeon will have one item per kill be a BOE item.

this could work out really well I'm thinking.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 12:04:02 PM

It has alt slapfight written all over it. "My DK could use that sword!"

One positive I can see out of it is that when you're raiders take a day off, you can hold items for them that they might need. Or you can just bank the items for future replacements.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 12:17:07 PM

It has alt slapfight written all over it. "My DK could use that sword!"

We'd just do it like we currently do for BOE.  Those present that could use it roll.  If no rolls, all greed rolls. 

Our entire system goes like this: Each person gets one BOP need, one BOP greed, one BOE, one set piece (if applicable.)  Set rolls first. Need rolls second.  Greed rolls last.  If no rolls through all that, charity roll that doesn't count against your counts.  If nothing after that, DE!

We have zero drama with those rules.  Best of all?  No DKP system to mess with.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 01:15:43 PM

Or your guild can sell them to non-raiders for help covering consumables and raid costs.  It's a pretty decent idea. 
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 03:33:07 PM

Or your guild can sell them to non-raiders for help covering consumables and raid costs.  It's a pretty decent idea. 

Once a boss is put on farm, It'll give non-raiders access to purple gear if they have gold to spend.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 03:44:43 PM

Yeah, if anything this will funnel gold upwards to high end guilds, not down to the masses.

Still a nice change.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 04:57:47 AM

But what will the raiders spend that gold on, now that the burdensome oil and stones goldsink has been removed

OT: I think this is a good move, looking at some of the items there's not much more than one or two items useful for any given class/spec, so you're not going to see people buying full sets of this stuff. It's also nice for gearing up alts from farm or semi-farm content. I think we'll probably GB most of the bits for a while, then disseminate them to people to sell once we've outgrown the tier.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 05:03:57 AM by K9 »

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: BOP-BOE  
Jump to: