Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 09:48:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Bring out your guns! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bring out your guns!  (Read 2960 times)
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

on: April 25, 2008, 10:17:38 PM

I'm in need of a six-pack of Mega Modulated Energy Beam Is; if any of you ratting folks have them laying around in a cargo hold somewhere and want to sell 'em, let me know what you want for 'em.  I need large crystals to go with them, too, so ditto for them.  Since I mean to be fighting from as great a distance as possible, I'll probably be fitting standards.

On an unrelated side note, does anyone know how one acquires the upgraded drone models?  I've gotten the impression that it has to do with fighting the rogue drones, but since I've never done that, I don't know much about what's involved.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 01:46:52 AM

I don't have any of those at the moment (or they should be in a can somewhere). I'll let you know if some drop.

As to the enhanced drones, the parts to create those drop of sentient drones. Sentient drones are the faction versions of drones

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 12:54:43 PM

I bit the bullet and hit Jita for my equipment, and flew my Geddon home fully-stocked.  Then, just for kicks, I flew the level 2 Recon mission in it, thinking, 'Tee hee, I shall annihilate such puny cruisers and giggle at their despair!'

They kicked my ass.  Not in such a way that my ship was ever in danger, but dwindling capacitor levels forced me to warp out repeatedly; I could not hit those cruisers worth even a tiny damn, doing about 30ish damage on a hit, and the frigates were simply out of the question.  I'd known, in theory, about signature resolution and all that, but I didn't think that it would have such an impact as to make a battleship suck against relatively immobile cruisers that were well within range.  My Ogres wound up doing pretty much all of the work for me; I just sat there like a giant gold punching bag taking all of the shots while they flew around and killed everything for me.  Which makes me glad that I'd fitted the speed and targeting enhancers for the drones.

On the upside, I snagged about three million in bounties and .03 security improvements for killing those cruisers, along with decent salvage.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 10:59:33 PM

You probably need to train up tracking a bit. In the mean time a tracking enhancer in low's should make you hit cruisers a bit better.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 04:56:56 AM

But otherwise, yeah, IMO, they really did make tracking and size matter a lot, a few years back.  Those fast, orbiting tackler frigates out there, they really survive against battleship guns.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 10:00:01 AM

But otherwise, yeah, IMO, they really did make tracking and size matter a lot, a few years back.  Those fast, orbiting tackler frigates out there, they really survive against battleship guns.
That's why god invented medium scout drones. Or light scout drones. :)

Or hell, target painters.
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 10:27:41 AM

Or webs.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 10:43:52 AM

Or webs.
Well, it would be emotionally satisfying to take, say, an interceptor and stick a heavy nuet on it. Then a point and a web, just for good measure. Then a target painter. Then unleash 4xheavy rails with antimatter charges on it just to prove a point.

Overkill, but very satisfying. :)
Dallan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 11:32:54 AM

Or webs.
Well, it would be emotionally satisfying to take, say, an interceptor and stick a heavy nuet on it. Then a point and a web, just for good measure. Then a target painter. Then unleash 4xheavy rails with antimatter charges on it just to prove a point.

Overkill, but very satisfying. :)

Or the occasional capital pilot who gets really, really lucky and just vaporises some poor unlucky frigate that was sitting still/approaching directly at the wrong time.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 01:58:21 PM

Yeah, if the obnoxious frigate is far enough away and coming right at me even my sentry drones don't have a problem with it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Bring out your guns!  
Jump to: