Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 08:02:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Client font size 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Client font size  (Read 1646 times)
tar
Terracotta Army

on: February 11, 2008, 07:54:23 AM

Ok, newb question time. I've been looking for a way to significantly increase the font size in eve and haven't had any real luck. The client seems to support a max of 12 and I'm not finding that enough. I've also had a look for skins for the client and it seems there aren't any?

Am I doomed to just sitting closer to the tv or am I missing something?
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:08:08 AM

Are you just having problems with chat windows or do you mean your entire GUI? You can increase chat text size to enourmous with the "a- A+" buttons. How big and what resolution is your TV?
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:08:34 AM

You're doomed.

I've been complaining for the past 3 years that the EVE UI kinda sucks.  I think they consider the small fonts and the way the UI looks (minimum resolution 1024x768) as a core part of their game's art direction.  They played with fonts about a year ago (tried to add true type fonts) but it somehow failed / was too buggy and they put it back on the current 10-12 system.

All I can say is you need at least a 19" computer screen.   LCD's in their native resolution are crisp, but 19"ers usually run at 1280x1024 so the fonts are still small, and if you switch them to 1024x768 they will be bigger but blurry.

EDIT:  no skins, the EVE EULA prohibits modifying the client, and I didn't know about the A+ making the chat text bigger, heh.  The right-click menus and other text (overview, etc) will remain at its default size though.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:10:32 AM by ajax34i »
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 08:22:45 AM

It's the entire UI, I'm running on widescreen 32" 1366*768 (or whatever) and I normally sit a reasonable distance back, but for eve I have to about halve the distance. I found the chat window size buttons, and that's ok it's just everything else :)

It's not the end of the world but I hoped I'd missed something. Apparently not, ah well. Thanks for the replies :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Client font size  
Jump to: