Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 08:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Help a retard turn off his computer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help a retard turn off his computer  (Read 1784 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

on: January 09, 2008, 09:28:15 PM

So my laptop has a blue screen on it. I figured I would turn it off for a while and then reboot...only I can't turn it off.

It's a Lenovo T60. As far as I can tell there is no off switch.

The screen is just all blue. No error message, mouse still moves. Looks like OS or Explorer has crashed.

Only thing I can think to do is let the power run down. Surely there must be a way to turn it off or force a reset?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 09:30:28 PM

How do you turn it on? Some laptops you hold that button down for a little while and it'll turn off. Otherwise take out the battery then unplug it.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 09:34:25 PM

C-A-D might still work.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 09:39:05 PM

Oh snap holding down the on button worked! Thanks.

Ha...by the way I'm a "Senior Technical Lead/Architect."  awesome, for real

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 10:23:01 PM

AW FUCK, I HAVE TEH T60 AN I WUZ GONNA HOOK YOU UP D00D.

you holdz down teh button

or takez out teh batterie

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 10:36:05 PM

I have a T61.  The text on this sucker in it's native resolution is microscopic.

-Rasix
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 08:45:57 AM

Can't unplug, then remove the battery briefly?
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 08:47:02 AM

I nearly spit coffee through my nose the first time this came up during a call when I was doing tech support. Then it happened a dozen times more. Never occured to me how few people knew how to shut down a laptop.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 10:15:02 AM

I nearly spit coffee through my nose the first time this came up during a call when I was doing tech support. Then it happened a dozen times more. Never occured to me how few people knew how to shut down a laptop.
Took me ten minutes to figure that out, my first laptop. It really isn't that obvious. :)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 10:15:29 AM

awesome, for real

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 12:38:48 PM

I was just joking yesterday at work that when MS did usability tests on Windows they discovered nobody could turn off the computer because going to "Start" to turn it off didn't make sense.

I did try pressing the power button but I didn't hold it down long enough.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 02:00:07 PM

My daughter was the one to teach my wife about this (because my wife will never ask me because she says I sound all condescending when I try and teach her stuff... probably some corrolation to my writing ;) ). So one day my 2 year old is "helping" my wife play some Solitaire derivative, presses and holds the big shiny button, and suddenly the whole thing shuts down. She then calls me in a panic, I tell her what it was, and she all busts me up for sounding condescending!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Help a retard turn off his computer  
Jump to: