Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 03:25:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: What is a Datacore Alt?? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is a Datacore Alt??  (Read 2186 times)
FoXX
Terracotta Army

on: October 23, 2008, 06:45:37 AM

I was doing a bit of mission running the other night and someone briefly mentioned a "datacore alt" in one of the eve client chat channels, I tried to get more info but their was to much going on. All I understood was this Alt once at a certain level could acquire ISK from certain agents on a regular basis in a "cash cow" sort of way. Thats as much as I know.
So what is a datacore alt??
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 06:53:57 AM

It's an alt that has the special Science training to run multiple research agents that give it free datacores that can be resold in Jita. Once the training is done it doesn't have to do anything at all but visit the agents once in a while and collect the datacores.

It used to be very profitable but datacore prices have gone nowhere but down for the last year or so.  Still, it's free money.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 06:54:24 AM

I was doing a bit of mission running the other night and someone briefly mentioned a "datacore alt" in one of the eve client chat channels, I tried to get more info but their was to much going on. All I understood was this Alt once at a certain level could acquire ISK from certain agents on a regular basis in a "cash cow" sort of way. Thats as much as I know.
So what is a datacore alt??

You run missions for one of the corps that have Research and Engineering agents available (check in their agents tab, as usual), until you have sufficient standings to use those agents.  You train up a skill that matches what they need (say, mechanical engineering), as well as a couple of R&D skills for running the agents.  Then you set them researching for you and they build up research points, which you can cash in every now and then for datacores, which are used in invention.

Now you mention it, I've not cashed in my 'cores for four or five months, across several characters  awesome, for real

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 07:19:29 AM

They are still free isk makers, but they don't make as much as they used to.  As datacore alts get used more and more datacore prices keep going down.  I miss nanite datacores being at like 750k.  Heartbreak

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 07:40:12 AM

Are you sure you've been playing eve for 8 months?

How did you find us, anyway? Try using the search feature, as all your questions so far have been answered in threads of the past.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 10:43:15 AM

Using an alt for this seems like overkill, why wouldn't you just use a jumpclone?

Old money thread where people discuss datacores:
http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=12713.0

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: What is a Datacore Alt??  
Jump to: