Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 09:39:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Dungeon Running anyone? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dungeon Running anyone?  (Read 73211 times)
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: February 19, 2007, 06:19:31 PM

I can tell it's an eastern game because they pack their site so full of fucking buttons I can't tell what the fuck is going on. Do they get together and have meetings on how to mindfuck anyone who looks at their sites or what? If so they're falling just a little but short of total mindfuck. They need to add sound I think. Some corny music in the background, some blooop sounds when you hover over buttons, maybe some of them could PING! as well. Just the important ones to PING! because you don't want the impact to be lost. There also needs to be more movement on the buttons, some of them don't even animate at all! Maybe an animated background too. Yes, that's the ticket.

I also noticed it's based on students fighting shit around campuses. That's... all I'm willing to say about that. To say more would require reprocessing those thoughts and I don't want that.
ishotweb
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: February 25, 2007, 08:08:03 AM

so what do you guys think of this game a few months later? does anyone still play it regularly? I'm interested to see if the game was entertaining enough to keep people playing for more than a week.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: February 25, 2007, 09:46:02 AM

The game is pretty bad, No, and no.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #283 on: February 25, 2007, 10:09:21 AM

so what do you guys think of this game a few months later? does anyone still play it regularly? I'm interested to see if the game was entertaining enough to keep people playing for more than a week.

I didn't think it was bad, but I haven't played it since BC was released. Nothing against the game, I just want to level up.

Some of the things that I didn't like though:

1) Moevment. Every game ever released in the US for the PC better have wasd movement as an option. Point and click it for fucking retards and consoles. Which is the same thing really.

2)The gear all looked the same. I want all sorts of different looking gear. If it's part of the membership package that's fine.

3)Not enough cheesecake. I want at least a minimum level of cheesecake. When compared to pany-based exploration games like Lineage 2 and screenshots of Granola Espadril, DR is way to modest.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: February 25, 2007, 11:43:19 AM

This game is designed to be a diversion, and in a see of diversions it would be fine. It seems like most casual/browser-based MMOs coming out of Korea are designed specifically for 3-4 months of play until the next one comes along. Get in, spend a lot, advance as much as your bank account allows, sell your stuff to somebody who thinks the game will continue to rise in popularity at the 3rd month mark, move on to the next game to try again.

If anyone is worried about a bubble coming, it's with these type of fly-by-night moneygrabs. At least with the bigger AAA titles, you know the companies need to invest and keep investing years into the game. They spent so much money on the front end they HAVE to live that thing for 12-24 months.

But it's these little bang-em-out-twice-a-month affairs that will eventually seem like Panacea for impatient money managers who'll chase, build big in the short term, bring a lot of folks along, and then hopefully jump before it all comes crashing down. You can't continue making huge cuts of cash if you've got a collective playerbase that keeps jumping around.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #285 on: February 26, 2007, 08:21:53 AM

I didn't think it was bad, but I haven't played it since BC was released. Nothing against the game, I just want to level up.

Some of the things that I didn't like though:

1) Moevment. Every game ever released in the US for the PC better have wasd movement as an option. Point and click it for fucking retards and consoles. Which is the same thing really.

2)The gear all looked the same. I want all sorts of different looking gear. If it's part of the membership package that's fine.

3)Not enough cheesecake. I want at least a minimum level of cheesecake. When compared to pany-based exploration games like Lineage 2 and screenshots of Granola Espadril, DR is way to modest.

WASD movement and more gear options were both patched in. I'll check on the cheesecake shots but don't get your hopes up.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #286 on: February 26, 2007, 08:50:51 AM

WASD movement and more gear options were both patched in. I'll check on the cheesecake shots but don't get your hopes up.

Have they fixed the entity-sync error CTDs?  The game was still completely unplayable by me as of the end of beta.  I never was really able to give it a fair shake, as the instant I got into combat it'd crash.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Bokonon
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: February 26, 2007, 10:21:53 AM

I don't mind it as a diversion. If I get an hour to play anything a couple times a week, I'm lucky, so DR is pretty good that way. It's still way rough around the edges, but I haven't had any major issues (occasional lag, one of the servers dying/restarting). No entity-whatever issues.

What can I say about F13?  It's really my favorite website in the entire universe!  I love the irreverent banter and sly wit these keyboard jockeys produce.  And I especially love the staff, they're AWESOME.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: March 14, 2007, 05:59:25 PM

Have they fixed the entity-sync error CTDs?  The game was still completely unplayable by me as of the end of beta.  I never was really able to give it a fair shake, as the instant I got into combat it'd crash.

--
Alkiera

Nope I tried to log in and play yesterday and still crashed from client sync errors the minute I entered combat.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #289 on: March 14, 2007, 08:20:34 PM

No. No. No.

Seriously, No.

No.

No....

No.

No.

No.

Hey, No.

Do not do this.

No.

No. 

NO

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Dungeon Running anyone?  
Jump to: