Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 05:28:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Microsoft and Peter Jackson join up for new Halo title - also Age of Halo? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Microsoft and Peter Jackson join up for new Halo title - also Age of Halo?  (Read 1294 times)
squirrel
Contributor

on: September 27, 2006, 02:31:14 PM

Linky

thought this bit was interesting:

In addition, Microsoft's Ensemble Studios, creator of the hit "Age of Empires," will create another new "Halo" title, "Halo Wars."

Taking a page from Blizzard's playbook perhaps?

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 03:10:20 PM

There was a tiny rumor back in 2004 about Ensemble doing a Halo MMOG. Where was I in 2004? Somewhere where I'd hear such a rumor. Later, I heard it again, but it was no longer an MMOG. I think it's still going to have an assload of persistancy though.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 04:48:44 PM

People are setting their targets on the wrong things.  If the EverQuest RTS game had caught on as much as Warcraft III, I still don't think EverQuest 2 would be as popular as World of Warcraft.  Each individual game has to be good on its own merits.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 08:55:37 PM

Please let there be no resource management in Halo Wars...
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 12:05:32 AM

Wasn't the Original Halo supposed to be an RTS?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 09:50:36 AM

No. Though the engine was an evolution of Myth's which was an RTS.

Halo was originally slated to be a third-person shooter.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Microsoft and Peter Jackson join up for new Halo title - also Age of Halo?  
Jump to: