Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 10:37:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Max attainable capacity on a Hoarder? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Max attainable capacity on a Hoarder?  (Read 1897 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: April 22, 2006, 08:45:01 AM

My Hoarder is at 9217m3 with just three normal Expanded Cargo Hold Is (+18%). I've seen as high as +25% (Beta something or other), but that'd only get me to something like 10600 or so. Doesn't seem worth the price, but I could be wrong.

In any case, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the maximum attainable capacity is for a Hoarder with three Low Slots, and what skills I'd need to use them (like, isn't there a skill for more efficiently using cargo space or something?). I want to know how much I can get out of the Hoarder because it's easy to replace and I don't have the skills for a Mammoth just yet.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 09:42:02 AM

You can also fill it with huge cans, they hold more than their volume.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 12:26:47 PM

Cans? As in those deployable Cargo Containers? So I buy those, put them in my hold and then fill them up?
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 12:35:54 PM

Yeah, giant secure cans are 3000m3 but hold 3900m3.  So squeeze three of those in your hold and it's 2700m3 for free.  Bit of a pain to juggle though - so I usually only bother when moving low-end minerals or something where juggling cargo is a small portion of your activities (ie not mining).  Also, cans can't be scanned by cargo scanners so if you're transporting expensive stuff through secure space it's worthwhile to keep the goodies there so suicide ganksquads won't see and be tempted.  Of course it's most important in those cases to haul in something stronger than a T1 Industrial - but every little bit of security helps.

By the way, the named cargo expanders definately aren't worth using on a T1 indy.  You'll just be a big, juicy and ever so weak target for the gate suicide ganksquads.  Save those for pimping out your T2 Indy or high-end hauling BS.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 12:52:37 PM by Sparky »
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 05:24:41 PM

T2 haulers are nice, but have some heavy requirements. Industry V, which is handy anyway, if you produce, but also Industrial V, which takes relatively long. Also, suicide gatecamps aren't that common anymore, and if, fitting shield boosters and an invulnerability shield should do the job.

Otherwise, they're really only of use if you're running around in lowsec. Or are frequently at war in empire. Like that other moron today in Jita, that kept plinking my shields with heavy missiles, not even done 15% damage to my shields from the time I undocked, slowboated into warp while other undocking ships were keeping me from aligning :V

Also, if you want to haul on long term, train Gallente haulers. Iteron V (and Occator) with best named expanders and giant cans gets over 25000m3.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 03:53:02 PM

Suicide gate camps are uncommon, but I got blasted coming out of Jita with about 500M worth of T2 in the hold of my Hoarder.  Shadow Company.  I'm thinking about hiring a small Merc outfit with instructions to cause them 1B in damage, any way they can.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 04:10:22 PM

Yeah I agree, but Murphy's Law and all that.  It really pays to be paraniod in Eve.
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 02:07:15 AM

Suicide gate camps are uncommon, but I got blasted coming out of Jita with about 500M worth of T2 in the hold of my Hoarder.  Shadow Company.  I'm thinking about hiring a small Merc outfit with instructions to cause them 1B in damage, any way they can.

--Dave

If you dont mind using an unknown you could approach Clan Eshin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Max attainable capacity on a Hoarder?  
Jump to: