Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:24:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Wait for it, here it comes.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wait for it, here it comes....  (Read 5396 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #35 on: December 24, 2005, 05:30:30 PM

I think we also need to remember that the typical Blizzard fanboi is practically computer illiterate; they know how to get their cack game to work, and that's about it.

Blizzard games are often Far behind the curve when concerning system horsepower. So while a shitty system can play Blizzard games, the same system may struggle to play other games, if they're able to be played at all. This, combined with the typical player's lack of expertise in upgrading their systems, creates a serious disincentive to "rock the boat" and try something else.

And to most of them, why should they? What they have works fine.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #36 on: December 27, 2005, 10:26:14 AM

I would classify myself as a mild Blizzard fanboi. I have bought every Blizzard game since Starcraft (yeah, thats not that many). But I will tell you. The number one reasion I do this is that they are always fun. So the games may be a bit behind the curve in graphics (not in style). I personally will take Style and fun over bland with realistic graphics. Which just so happens is one of the reasions I liked WoW over EQ2.

For me its about fun. I have had a lot of fun playing all of Blizzards games, and as long as I keep having fun, I am going to keep buying every game they release. Pretty simple.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #37 on: December 27, 2005, 11:57:26 AM

FUCK YOU GUYS, QUIT GHEYING UP MY KATAMARI THREAD!!!

See Airing of Grievances thread.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #38 on: December 27, 2005, 01:39:47 PM

I bought W:heart:K this weekend. 
I haven't felt this sadistic glee of running people over since GTA3. 
Why do the people like the King when he sends his minions to destroy their cities and people? 
So far it seems well worth the $30.

"Me am play gods"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #39 on: December 28, 2005, 09:04:18 AM

Slight rerail ... what is your biggest katamari?  Mine is +2700 meters.  A bit less time playing that damned rose stage and a bit more in the bird+elephant stage, and I should be able to roll up the King soon.  I'm just not applying myself.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Wait for it, here it comes....  
Jump to: