Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:10:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: How many MMO's do you play? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Poll
Question: How many MMO's are you ACTIVELY subscribed to right now?
1 - 67 (55.8%)
2 - 35 (29.2%)
3 - 11 (9.2%)
4+ - 7 (5.8%)
Total Voters: 120

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many MMO's do you play?  (Read 25153 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: October 09, 2009, 06:37:24 AM

Appears this poll is officially over.   ACK!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #106 on: October 09, 2009, 07:36:10 AM

1) 30
2) Male
3) 1
4) 15 bucks.

Subbed to Eve but not even playing it. League of Legends has me at the moment.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: October 09, 2009, 08:08:53 AM

1) 32
2) Male
3) 1
4) $15

I'm pretty much done with subscription MMOGs.  I currently have two DAoC accounts (one is free however) , but one of the biggest reasons I continue to play and be interested is because I've been involved with the Team Lead program for several years now.  The only MMOG I'm currently looking forward to and even considering playing is Guild Wars 2 (no monthly fee).

most often known as Drevik
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: October 11, 2009, 11:47:49 PM

1) Age: 39
2) Sex (not a yes/no quesion): Haha. Male.
3) How many MMO's are you actively subscribed to?: One.
4) What is your 'price point' for MMO's? How much is TOO much for a monthly Sub? Or what is the maximum dollar amount you'd pay for a subscription based monthly MMO?:
Seriously? Whenever a dev asks that question, I get the feeling that I'm being asked to give money away for nothing.
So I grudge my 15 bucks, but I feel most MMOGs are barely worth 10.

P.S. I'm currently subscribed to one MMOG, but I have had two active accounts in different games. It doesn't happen very often.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: October 11, 2009, 11:53:05 PM

Having kids late in life ups the chances of bad things by too much, too.  Damn people.
Having kids early in life makes you an unfun schlub to all your friends who are too smart to have kids and are more interested in doing things to further themselves as people (travel, hobbies, etc). Also it contributes to the possibility of a Baby Boomers Part Deux. Which no one wants.

Just saying.

Most of the people I know who had kids early is because they forgot to put a rubber on it, or thought that kids were the way to get a man to marry you.
I know a lot of divorced, bitter 30somethings now.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
schild
Administrator

Reply #110 on: October 12, 2009, 12:00:57 AM

1) 27
2) M
3) 0
4) $50/box. $15/sub - anyone who thinks they can go higher is playing a dangerous game.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: October 12, 2009, 12:15:01 AM

As has been said, no 0 option makes this a real fail.

1) 27
2) M
3) 0
4) I'd pay the normal price for the box and a free month. Anything after that... $15 tops if it was great fun and I'd be done with it in another month. Anything that I expected to play more casually over a longer period of time I'd expect to be free or less than $10. And I'd never pay more than one $15 sub in a month.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: October 12, 2009, 05:14:44 AM

1 - 39
2 - M
3 - 2 MMOs right now, but one is lifetime and one is Eve...
4 - 15 or so dollars is trivial, so I'll happily try stuff out at that price point. But Eve will sometimes see me spend as much as 75 dollars in a month, depending on what I am doing and how many alts it would benefit from. Other games might sit somewhere between the two price points, if they provided something fairly awesome.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: October 12, 2009, 10:58:00 AM

One thing I'll add is I have 2 accounts in Eve, but one I pay for with a mixture of passive & active game income (windfalls) if I don't make enough when not playing basically I can leave this account unsubbed and let the passive income tick over. This is a nice (niche even) reward for longterm players, actually I set the account up through the power of II offer CCP give out once in a while.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #114 on: October 13, 2009, 05:34:28 AM

Family style!

1 - 39 (and 14 and 9)
2 - M (all of us)
3 - 4 currently, but 2 will lapse end of 30 days.
4 - 15 per person per month works for me.  We basically will allow the kids to each have one sub to something, and than I have one myself.  Of those 4 games, 2 are played by my kids, not me.  My older son is heavy into WoW and upper level raiding, yet he bought Aion to try out based on feedback from some friends at school.  He liked it ok, but not enough to switch over and made that decision inside of two weeks.  (and i have to say i concur; i played it up to level 10 just to try it and it just doesnt grab me as being significantly different enough from WoW to make many people want to change.  Early game needs to be more differentiated and compelling to accomplish that.  Sure is purty though.)  I have subbed to DDO for a while now and am sticking with the monthly sub even though they have F2P now.  Tried fallen age and like it, but not enough to leave my other online friends.  I suspect ill be back into it sooner or later - different enough from other games out there to make it worth doing, but i just dont have the time for 2. My 9 year old has played many but generally only sticks with a given title for about 2 months tops.  Currently he is not subbed to anything.  We have tied close to all of them.

Any game my kids show interest in (or me for that matter) I like to try and beta test or do a free trial.  It generally doesnt take long (2 weeks or less) to decide if it's something we want to get i.e. the Champions beta - fun for about 2 weeks tops.

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: October 13, 2009, 06:35:08 AM

1) 25
2) M
3) 1
4) $15/month with no MTX. If you're putting in MTX, it better have a very low sub fee (~$5/month), although I dislike MTX as a business model.

I'm almost always subscribed to one "serious" MMO; I switch back and forth between WoW and EQ2 depending on content patch/expansion cycles. I also occasionally try out new ones, but nothing has held my attention for more then 2-3 months in a while (Ex: WAR, occasional resubs to CoH, etc).

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #116 on: October 25, 2009, 09:15:49 AM

I'm going to revise my list a bit:

Subscribed to 0 MMOs because they all stink.
Checkers
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: October 25, 2009, 11:04:22 AM

1) 33
2) M
3) 0
4) $15-$20/month
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: October 26, 2009, 12:20:43 AM

1) 41
2) M
3) 3 (Eve, Aion and WoW)
4) 15USD feels about right. Keep in mind I run 3 Eve accounts and am unsubbing from WoW as I'm over it - haven't played in a month. Guild Wars has the right sub price though :D

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: October 26, 2009, 04:03:17 AM

1) 28
2) M
3) 2 (WoW and CoH, though I don't really play CoH nowadays)
4) $15/mo or guildwars-style box cost + microtrans and $0/mo. I really can't see myself paying $20/mo or more (including microtrans costs) unless the game was robot jesus.

(as an aside, a big eff you to all companies who think $15 = E15 .. though I don't think I've seen any of those recently)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: How many MMO's do you play?  
Jump to: