Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 09:18:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Guitar Hero: Metallica 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar Hero: Metallica  (Read 12661 times)
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 02:02:04 PM

Really? I don't anyone who doesn't like it. Kids, old people, non-gamers. I mean, just about anyone has more fun with it than me even, and I'm the gamer (who plays guitars at that).

The problem is of my close group of friends all but one have been musicians for 15+ years and all are too snooty for music games (and rock music really).  I understand their perspective, it does feel goofy playing with plastic guitars when we have a small studio chocked full of shit, but god damnit it's fun.  I know some people at my place of work play but I'm too antisocial for that shit.

My sister would play some with me, I'm sure of that, but she's a long ways away and has a family.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 02:24:48 PM

Ah yeah, I get it. I was snooty about GH for awhile too. It's fun though when, umm, non-musicians and whatnot are just being goofy and having a good time. It's also good that there's a game out there that's both hardcore and accessible to people who don't play games at all (same goes for just about any karaoke or rhythm game, but Rock Band has the best concept).
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 09, 2008, 05:18:54 PM

And Rock Band is getting a sequel this winter so expect them to start pulling the same nonsense GH does.  EA?  Cmon.  We know how they are..

I'm not so sure.  EA seems to be on a little rehabilitation jag at the moment, and with Rock Band in particular they seem to be letting Harmonix and MTV run the show.  I'm even willing to bet that they'll let you migrate Rock Band DLC over to Rock Band 2.

Of course, I'm prepared for crushing disappointment, but I actually think they may do the right thing.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 05:24:43 PM

Better yet, just buy Rock Band and avoid all this nonsense.  Personally, I've given up on the GH franchise.  As a medium level player I don't really want to get into the crazy ass fretwork demographic that GH seems to consider their bread and butter, and I really don't want to be nickel and dimed like Activision is doing.  I don't want to have to wade through a sea of plastic discs to get at the songs I want to play, I'd just rather buy the songs I want.

I'll get right onto that. If they ever release it locally. And if it's not priced at something like a week's salary for the local release.

Good luck with those.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #39 on: June 09, 2008, 05:25:39 PM

I'm even willing to bet that they'll let you migrate Rock Band DLC over to Rock Band 2.

Good luck with that part, too.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 06:00:19 PM

These guys want their own GH too!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 07:26:12 PM

The real question is does it match up to the awesomeness of Lute Hero
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #42 on: June 09, 2008, 10:39:50 PM

Whoah!

We're halfway there!

DeathInABottle
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 01, 2008, 12:59:47 PM

/necro

My roommate picked up GH: Aerosmith yesterday, and it's actually pretty awesome.  Don't get me wrong: I hate Aerosmith, and the idea of playing through their songs is repugnant, but I have to admit that the guitar lines are pretty fantastic, and translate perfectly to GH.  They're hard, too: I'm having a hell of a time beating the later-tier tracks.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 01, 2008, 02:06:49 PM

/necro

My roommate picked up GH: Aerosmith yesterday, and it's actually pretty awesome.  Don't get me wrong: I hate Aerosmith, and the idea of playing through their songs is repugnant, but I have to admit that the guitar lines are pretty fantastic, and translate perfectly to GH.  They're hard, too: I'm having a hell of a time beating the later-tier tracks.

My problem with the game is the fucking Aerosmith.  The non-Aerosmith songs are all great; it's nice to finally get some of The Cult in one of these games, but to get to these songs you've got to wade through all the Aerosmith nonsense.  Yeah, playwise even the Aero tracks are pretty good, but that doesn't change the fact that I still hate playing songs I don't like, and beyond a few Aerosmith songs I really don't enjoy any of them.

I'm just glad I rented this game instead of buying it, but then I'm firmly in the Rock Band camp anyway.

ETA:  Oh, and Azazel?  Neener, Neener, Neener!    awesome, for real
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 02:08:39 PM by Big Gulp »
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #45 on: July 01, 2008, 05:41:21 PM

Not sure about the neener part.

I wasn't against the idea, I just thought it was very fucking unlikely. That it's actually happening, I think it's great.

Ohhhhh, I see.

schild
Administrator

Reply #46 on: July 01, 2008, 06:29:17 PM

Picked up Guitar Hero Aerosmith.

If half the songs on a game based on a band are going to be obscure shitty mc shit shit, then just do Guitar Hero 70s. Fuckers.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 01, 2008, 09:12:08 PM

Decided to rent it and glad I did rather than buy.  There's only 41 songs total which makes it hard for me to pay full price; especially since while I don't mind Aerosmith, I'm hardly a huge fan. I'm finding the songs pretty fun to play (keep in mind I'm in the medium/hard range, expert is supposed to be way easier than GH3).  Fine to rent for a batch of tracks to rip through over a few nights, but probably not worth buying unless you're a big Aerosmith fan or GH completist.

I have heard the Rock Band guitar works, but I haven't tried it.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 01, 2008, 10:04:34 PM

People are buying this?

To me the whole genre is sort of played-out, and it certainly doesn't help when what are expansions and DLC are being sold as full games. Now that DLC is a reality I expect a new full-price game to be a *new* game.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
schild
Administrator

Reply #49 on: July 02, 2008, 12:01:29 AM

HUR!

On July 4th, downloadable for free, is the TOP GUN ANTHEM.

YEA MOTHERFUCKERS. ROCK BAND DEEZ NUTZ. Actually available on the third.

YEA YEA YEA YEA
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:04:12 AM by schild »
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 02, 2008, 06:37:53 AM

People are buying this?

To me the whole genre is sort of played-out, and it certainly doesn't help when what are expansions and DLC are being sold as full games. Now that DLC is a reality I expect a new full-price game to be a *new* game.

Yeah, it's pretty well an expansion.  Like 80s was to GH2.

Walk This Way is the version with Run DMC.  Which is awesome. After that, meh.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: July 02, 2008, 12:55:10 PM

Walk This Way is the version with Run DMC.  Which is awesome.

I just don't get the love for the Run DMC version.  I mean... like NOT AT ALL.  Must be a throwback to the 70's being my formative years. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #52 on: July 03, 2008, 05:14:40 AM

I just don't get the love for the Run DMC version.  I mean... like NOT AT ALL.  Must be a throwback to the 70's being my formative years. 
Get off my lawn!

awesome, for real

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Guitar Hero: Metallica  
Jump to: