Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 01:38:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: The Frigate Club - Red vs. Blue 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Frigate Club - Red vs. Blue  (Read 4562 times)
dbltnk
Terracotta Army

on: February 10, 2008, 08:42:33 AM

What do you guys think about setting up a sparring fight with two equal fleets?

Sure, ganking solo noobs is good fun, but maybe we'd learn more if we could try
a few 15vs15 fights. We had about 30 frigs on both nights so far. If we split them
up in two groups (with two dummy guilds maybe), we could try some GvG tactics.

Good/bad/ugly?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 12:27:49 PM

There's really not a way to split into "guilds" easily, as there's a 24hr timer every time to switch and it clutters up your employment history (which is important in EVE).

But, even just 'drop in' squad vs squad combat could be fun, as long as each side has 3-4 ships in it.

I might consider setting something up with some ground rules.

- Viin
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 01:02:42 PM

You're allowed to shoot corp members. So no Bat Country on F13 action, but Bat on Bat is just fine.
dbltnk
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 02:44:40 PM

Ok cool, that makes it even easier. Harder to distinguish between friend and foe but that'll
only make the learning curve steeper.

I was thinking about only allowing T1 frigates and rigs to prevent extreme twinkage. Just
set everyone up with a ship, random split up in 2 groups and then meet at some point to fight,
about 20 minutes later.

After the fight we'll restock and try this again for 1 or two times. I have around 5 million
now so I could outfit and donate some 5-10 frigates for that.

What do you guys think about trying this next saturday?
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 03:09:51 PM

Ok cool, that makes it even easier. Harder to distinguish between friend and foe but that'll

I'm a bit fuzzy on the standings thing, but it influences overview icons. etc, no?

Couldn't everyone on Team Red set their personal standings for everyone on Team Blue
to -5 or -10 or whatever, such that they'll be indicated on the overview?

I'm up for trying this if somebody's going to organize/lead/instruct -- my Frigate Club
adventure yesterday represents my first-ever EVE PVP experience, so I've still got
a lot to learn...
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 03:15:30 PM

Just have your overviews setup to show corp members but exclude gang members.  Then split the teams into 2 gangs and voila
Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 06:05:59 PM

I'd go for it!

I love the position : "You're not right until I can prove you wrong!"
dbltnk
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 02:19:55 AM

I'm up for trying this if somebody's going to organize/lead/instruct
If Endie would you do the logistics and team lead #1, we'd only need another experienced gang leader.

Who's up for it?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 04:41:53 AM

Remember that if you want to try out PvP you can use the test server: it's a copy of the live server (and was just updated recently, so you should just about all be on it) and everything costs 100ISK, from modules to titans, so you can try out anything you have the skills to use at no risk to yourself or your sec status.

Just don't pod, and don't gank without agreement: pvp is consensual.

It also lets you go to deep 0.0 and see the sights.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 07:46:23 AM

I can set this up, and I want everyone to practice being a fleet commander. :) More on this this evening or tomorrow.

- Viin
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 08:13:55 AM

Gonna be a little confusing with us being involved in wars, the 0.0 expeditions, and this, I think.  Also, those in Bat Country are there for PVP, but not sure how many in F13 are looking for constant fights.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 08:16:52 AM

This would be for BAT only and would probably happen during week nights. Maybe once or twice a week - max 1 hr is my guess.

Edit:  If we have a "real" war going on I don't think we'd be doing these as much or at all.

- Viin
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 10:09:14 AM

Yeah as we're reaching sp totals where we shouldn't get into the A8's war situation of not having the fp to break bs tanks online we should be just wardec'ing if we're short on targets.  There is also always lowsec bait&attack or straight belt-buzzing ops though I think we're going to have to be careful about taking too many sec standing hits with no/limited access to .2 and lower ratting opportunities.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 01:48:38 PM

we're going to have to be careful about taking too many sec standing hits with no/limited access to .2 and lower ratting opportunities.
That's true, regaining standing is a bitch, especially if you aren't doing any l4 missions. That's why ops on our current war target would be better than random low sec ganking. But since that's a highly volatile target and low sec gank nights are a sure win it makes it a whole lot harder to get some action going.
dbltnk
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 02:46:02 PM

I can set this up, and I want everyone to practice being a fleet commander. :) More on this this evening or tomorrow.
That's what I wanted to hear. Count me in for whenever you plan the operation. =D
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 05:55:30 PM

New thread in WAR forum about the upcoming event for this. If you can't see that thread, I've posted in Corp Mail ingame as well. Must be a BAT member to participate - can't shoot non-corpies in empire!

- Viin
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 06:29:18 PM

New thread in WAR forum about the upcoming event for this. If you can't see that thread, I've posted in Corp Mail ingame as well. Must be a BAT member to participate - can't shoot non-corpies in empire!

How in the world does one get invited to the WAR forum?  I've posted on the various threads about player names, etc with no luck.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 07:37:24 PM

Yer on the list, just have to wait for it to be updated.

- Viin
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 02:19:08 AM

Where is the WAR forum anyway, will just appear on the F!# forum list when we get access?
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 04:12:39 AM

Yes, its pretty hard to miss once you have access.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 06:07:46 AM

spy!!!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 06:16:48 AM

Where is the WAR forum anyway, will just appear on the F!# forum list when we get access?

It appears at the top of the Eve Online forum.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: The Frigate Club - Red vs. Blue  
Jump to: