Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 10:51:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Ships and fittings for -BAT- 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ships and fittings for -BAT-  (Read 1667 times)
Vedi
Terracotta Army

on: December 30, 2007, 04:43:24 PM

I've started to make ships now for general PvP use in -BAT-.

Currently these ships are supported:
  • Thorax (Gallente cruiser - blaster/drone-dps)
  • Vexor (Gallente cruiser - drone-dps)
  • Rifter (Minmatar frigate)
  • Vigil (Minmatar frigate - tackling)
  • Caracal (Caldari cruiser - missile-dps)
  • Blackbird (Caldari cruiser - EW)
  • Kestrel (Caldari frigate - tackling)
  • Merlin (Caldari frigate - tackling)
  • Maller (Amarr cruiser)
  • Rupture (Minmatar cruiser)

By "supported" I mean that I will try to keep these ships available at all times in the corp ship hangar. Currently, modules for fits of these ships are not necessarily available in the modules hangar. Requests for further ship types can be put in this thread. We can also make most BCs, but we don't keep them in stock at the moment.

I propose that we adopt the policy that the first ship of each class (frigate or cruiser) is free, but that you should pay the (platinum) insurance yourself. If the ship goes boom, you can take a new ship from the corp if you pay the corp the insurance payout, minus the cost of insuring the new ship. This way the cost of replacing the ship is essentially limited to the cost of modules not supplied by the corp. This means the corp will lose money, but not that fast. I suspect there are enough of us with enough money to keep that going. I haven't talked to Irek about this though, so it's just a suggestion from me at this point ;).

The idea is to keep the cost of losing a ship to a minimum. This also means that we should keep the cost in time of fitting the new ship to a minimum, in the sense that it is nice to avoid having to look for modules all day. I suggest that we all, when buying modules for our favorite ship, buy or make enough for, say, 5 ships (at least if you are using cheap modules). A further improvement would be if the corp could guarantee that there would be modules for one supported fitting for each of the supported ship classes, but I don't think I'll have the time to do that. However, if anyone else wants to adopt a ship design or two to support in this manner, that would be awesome.

Comments?
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 06:51:06 PM

I'm good with that. I need to drag a few racial EWs for the blackbird, but it looks like we've got everything we need in the hangar already for the tacklers. I've been putting T1 modules that I got from missions in there, which is why you see odd things like remote armor repairers.

That pretty much takes care of me; I'm not going to be flying my brand new drake around. My skills are so piss-poor all I'd do is get it blow'd up anyway.

I've never been in a war before; are we really going to go through that many ships?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 07:06:18 PM by bhodi »
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 07:13:09 PM

I've never been in a war before; are we really going to go through that many ships?

Depends on how active they are, we are, and how much our times overlap and how aggressive we both get. If they camp us and we camp them and it's during our prime times, you could go through ships pretty fast. :)

- Viin
Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 07:23:36 PM

I might bring my leftover frigates from the first F13 attack on the world, but can anyone post a decent PvP fit for a noob Vexor pilot because I hope to step up to doing DPS. Allso if anyone has a PvE mission fit for a Domi I would appreciate it. Thanks.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 11:10:16 PM

Solo I've been killed by a Vexor with 2x heavies, 2x mediums, 1x light and nos/neuts. As Gallente, mwd/scram/web(+cap booster if you have the slots) are safe mids. Use a single rep and passive resists and don't forget the damage control. In gang I'd switch to blasters  and a plate instead of nos and reps.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Ships and fittings for -BAT-  
Jump to: