Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:23:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Time to roll out your rogue again? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time to roll out your rogue again?  (Read 20746 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 13, 2007, 04:55:39 PM

Haven't been impressed with shadow priests as main healers though.  Had one that couldn't keep me up at the end of Black Morass.  It was probably more of a player skill thing though.  Guy just couldn't heal worth shit though the damage spikes had trouble dealing with the time lapse.

Shadow priests just arent supposed to be main healers.  They are a dps class, with benefit of lots of group healing and mana back (if Vamp Touch specced).  Throw a shadow priest in with any other heal specced class as main healer and you sail through most stuff.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #71 on: April 13, 2007, 07:09:33 PM

Yep, Shadow priest is an awesome dps & support utility. It is never meant to be a main healer. I did Steamvaults with a druid healer. He got disconnected. So I told my shadow priest guildy to come along and I converted my Elemental spec shaman to healer. We managed to take out the 2nd and 3rd boss with no problems since Vamp. Embrace covered the Heal over Time components and gives me mana back to offset the inefficient heals I'm dishing out.

He even had a nifty MC ability that works on most instances. some mobs under MC can give coolbuffs to the party too as well as some sick AoE Ability that cleans up mobs like tissue.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #72 on: April 14, 2007, 07:45:10 AM

Holy God The PAIN:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=94850206&postId=947518381&sid=1#0
We wanted to give players a closer glimpse at the changes being made regarding flask reagent costs and potency in patch 2.1. Please see the example below:

Flask of Mighty Restoration - Current
Instant
Regenerate 70 mana per 5 sec for two hours.

Dreaming Glory x20
Mana Thistle x10
Fel Lotus x1

Flask of Might Restoration - Patch 2.1
Instant
Regenerate 25 mana per 5 sec for two hours.

Dreaming Glory x7
Mana Thistle x3
Fel Lotus x1

(Please Note: The drop rate for Fel Lotus is also being increased by approximately 15% in the same patch)

Players will notice that while the effect of the flask has been dramatically reduced, so has the cost to create one. All alchemy flasks will be adjusted similarly. Lets look at an elixir with the same effect for comparison:

Elixir of Major Mageblood
Instant
Regenerate 16 mana per 5 sec for 60 min.

Ancient Lichen x1
Netherbloom x1

While the flask still requires more materials than this elixir, it also allows 9 more mana to regenerate per 5 seconds, lasts twice as long, and persists through death. The flask is probably best used when facing encounters that are especially challenging to your party or raid.

Also, we've seen players request details on the four new elixirs scheduled to go live with the next content patch and as a result, they've been detailed below.

Elixir of Draenic Wisdom: Intellect and Spirit are increased by 25.

Earthen Elixir: Reduces both spell and physical damage taken by 20.

Elixir of Ironskin: Resilience is raised by 30.

Elixir of Major Fortification: Increases health by 250 and provides 10 health every 5 seconds.

They are nerfing flasks completly to hell and gone, as well as making them take up both elixir slots.  Jesus christ my money making days are over.  Hell, the usefullness of my profesion for myself is almost gone.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 07:46:45 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #73 on: April 14, 2007, 08:08:57 AM

Holy monkeyfuck.. and I thought Engineers got screwed.

Wonder when they'll turn their eyes on taoloring, then.  I know several people who gave up professions to grind-up tailoring for the epic stuff we're seeing.  They say lots of it's equivalent or better than raided purples.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #74 on: April 14, 2007, 09:36:00 AM

As a shaman who is waiting for his spellcloth to cooldown and wear spellstrike pants tomorrow, I'm very fucking worried to hear that hahah.
But seriously, crafted. 3 Socket. Epic with a little less stat but lots of spell dmg & Crit + hit. Hell I'll take that over my shammy tidefury kilt (no socket).
Slot +8 Spell crit gems on taht bitch and get around 45 Spellcrit from one pants. Mwahhaha.

Then 10 days later, Imma make my hood for the set bonus.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: April 14, 2007, 12:52:09 PM

yeah, they are REALLY hammering the stackability of buffs.  Notice also that:
- Beer nolonger stacks with food
- Juju's, Blasted land Farmables, Ungoro Crystals and Zandalar token pots now all count as elixers for purposes of stacking

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: April 15, 2007, 11:37:19 AM

Alchemy really isn't profitable unless you can make rare flasks or have transmutation mastery, as far as I can tell. This patch can't really make it worse.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #77 on: April 15, 2007, 04:49:08 PM

Wrong actually.  Even when I was leveling up, I easily had enouph to buy my epic mount (back when they cost 900 gold) by the time I hit 60, and that was with me not even trying to farm, just picking as I went.  That was just from selling swiftness potions, Major Agility Elixirs, Mongoose Elixirs, Health Pots, mana pots, Major Dreamless Sleep potions, free action potions, elixir of giants, and a few others I think.  Also just selling arcanite transmutes when ever they were up was profitable.  All of these netted me more gold than just selling the mats, though I did also make a good amount of gold from just selling herbs like kingsblood, which was used for Thorium Brotherhood rep.

In BC, while many of the potions aren't profitable, I was still make a good 2-4 extra gold a stack compared to selling mats by making Elixir of Major Agility, Onslaught Elixir, Elixir of Major Strength, and Adept's Elixir (this one kind of sold shitty though).  Maybe it depends on your server, but I've always been able to make a great profit with Alchemy.  Kind of scared to see what the changes are going to do to that.  I am actually farming mats right now and trying to make/sell as many flasks as I can while my Elixir mastery will net me more profit (since I have a chance to hit a flask proc).  Between that and just completing the quests in Netherstorm at level 70, I've managed to hit almost 4k gold, so only a little left to go anyways for the stupid epic flying mount, heh.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: April 16, 2007, 01:47:59 AM

I have *NEVER* understood this idea that Alchemy isn't profitable. It has, since the first level I got it, made me money. Lots of money. I don't have any flask recipes nor do I have any of the "good" transmute recipes. I don't even have a specialization yet for bonus potions and it still makes me far more money then I ever put into it. It's gotten me my mount money at 35, my epic mount money in less then a week, my Rep with Scyers to exalted several hundred Sunfury signets later... and I'll probably have my epic flying mount before the patch, or near enough to it so I can work on getting epic birdmode for my druid. Never have I felt "oh woe is me, if only my profession could make me money somehow"

I have no idea what everyone else seemingly does wrong, or what I seemingly do right. I'll probably spend an hour running (now flying!) around a zone, picking up every herb I can see, head to town, build whatever potions I can with the mats I gathered and toss them onto the AH. The next day I log in to find a giant pile of money in my mailbox. Sometimes I'll sell the excess herb that I can't really use, ManaThistle is the most common direct to AH for me since I don't have a single recipe that uses it.

I don't get it, why doesn't this work for other people? The amount of cash I get comes in smaller chunks of 5-20gp per sale, but multiply that by a few dozen sales a day... /shrug

As for the patch, my only concern is with Healing/Mana potions, now that there will apparently be dungeon only versions of them for raiders. All the buff/protection potions will still sell, more so even, now that they can stack with the class buffs. The clearness of the offense/defense potion buffing design will probably get even MORE people buying potions since they won't feel the need to get all 30 varieties of buffs via consumables. Currently a raider would have to get the world buffs, then the dungeon buffs, then the food buffs, then the JuJu item turn in buffs etc... now, none of that stacks so what is a raider going to choose? Farm 30 basilisk brains for a +int buff, or spend a handful of GP on a stack of +int/spirit buff elixirs. That will probably be the irony of the changes, while the raiders consumable bill will drop drastically, the amount they'll spend on actual Alch potions will increase which will benefit the producers.

I really don't get how Alch doesn't make people money, maybe I should just go with it and let everyone continue to think its crappy so I have less competition. Go start mining everyone, I hear GemCutting is where its at!  evil

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #79 on: April 16, 2007, 07:29:20 AM

some servers are heavily populated by bots who do nothing but run from macro'd herb site to herb site picking them up. At least it used to be like that... I finally gave up.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: April 16, 2007, 02:59:59 PM

You may have made alchemy - it's possible - but are you making more money selling pots than you could make just selling the herbs? On my server at least the margin between the two is vanishingly small.

[edit] And if it's herbalism and not alchemy that makes you money, you could just go and pick up skinning and make even more.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: April 16, 2007, 03:37:29 PM

[edit] And if it's herbalism and not alchemy that makes you money, you could just go and pick up skinning and make even more.

Or mining.  The market may have cooled down a bit (I haven't been playing my miner lately) but back when BC was fresh, stacks of copper were going for upwards of ten gold.  That's some serious cash for a level ten character.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: April 16, 2007, 04:17:20 PM

The thing with selling herbs is they don't sell nearly as reliably. I'll have to re-list them 2-5 times for them to sell without drastically undercutting all the other herbs on the market, all the while still accumulating more herbs in my daily travels.

Potions? I almost never have to re-list those, depending on the time/day the potions will start selling before I finish listing them all. Only raiding alchemists buy herbs in any worthwhile quantity. Everyone buys potions of one kind or another.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #83 on: April 16, 2007, 06:03:09 PM

Best way for money as an alchemist is to find who is buying your stuff and sell direct via CoD.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Time to roll out your rogue again?  
Jump to: