Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:10:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: March Madness (free prize) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: March Madness (free prize)  (Read 15837 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #70 on: April 02, 2007, 08:15:18 AM

Welp, this pool is down to me vs. Nebu. If OSU wins, I win, if Florida wins, it's all Nebu. It's been a good tournament.

Winner pls to PM with their email address so I can send a gift certificate, kthx.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #71 on: April 02, 2007, 12:38:25 PM

Someone link me to the league standings?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
WayAbvPar

Reply #72 on: April 02, 2007, 12:40:06 PM

Someone link me to the league standings?

Here ya go.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #73 on: April 02, 2007, 08:31:09 PM

I'm going to say this preemptively, Florida and by association the SEC, go fuck yourselves you worthless bunch of bitch-ass fuckwad motherfuckers.   Good thing the ref's were with you the whole way cunt ass cock smoking whores.

In all seriousness though, they shot the lights out and OSU was cold as ice, but w/e anyone who likes Florida the state can fuck off not to mention Noah proved what fucking garbage he is, that chump will get run in the NBA.

Fuck you Florida, fuck you.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #74 on: April 02, 2007, 09:14:40 PM

Ohio State couldn't hit the jumpshot, which would be fine if Florida had been cold from outside too. But no, Florida shot the goddamn lights out, while Oden just stood in the middle waiting for someone, anyone to come down the paint. Which they rarely did. The guards on the outside couldn't shut down the 3's, and they couldn't hit the 3's on their own.

Still, second place for a guy who knows fuckall about college Bball ain't bad.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #75 on: April 02, 2007, 09:25:53 PM

I boycotted the game completely. Florida winning doesn't shock me.

And let's not go all apeshit on the SEC. We're a great conference with a lot of regional dislike from the network media on the coasts. CBS is the only one I like because they went out of their way to highlight a great football conference's game of the week.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #76 on: April 02, 2007, 09:27:55 PM

That's the most retarded comment ever, at least when it comes to West Coast, the only games I can catch are SEC or Pac-10, so I dunno wtf you are smoking.  SEC is constantly heralded by the mouth breathing fuckwads at ESPN as the greatest conference EVAR...

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Paelos, you are fucking wrong, I dunno what else to say.  Be less wrong, go ask Jesus about how much ESPN jocks the SEC or something...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:34:55 PM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #77 on: April 02, 2007, 09:31:39 PM

That's the most retarded comment ever, at least when it comes to West Coast, the only games I can catch are SEC or Pac-10, so I dunno wtf you are smoking.  SEC is constantly heralded by the mouth breathing fuckwads at ESPN as the greatest conference EVAR...

Uh, what? ESPN gameday and the analysts suck the Pac-10's cock weekly. Not to mention the Notre Dame love and the crazy amounts of Big Twelve/Ten shit.

For god's sakes Mark May practically bends over for USC every season.

EDIT: Which is totally beside the point that Florida won a basketball game, and there's no real reason to shit on a thread about with with the SEC v. Pac-10 debate that's rampant already. We can take that elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:37:00 PM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #78 on: April 02, 2007, 10:06:50 PM

Billy Packer is an assclown.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #79 on: April 03, 2007, 09:44:09 AM

Billy Packer is an assclown.

Agreed.

Congrats to Nebu, and thanks to everyone for playing. I would like to give special thanks to Hoax; without him, I would have come in dead last for the 2nd year in a row  :-D

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: April 03, 2007, 09:49:41 AM

Grats Nebu

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #81 on: April 03, 2007, 11:46:14 AM

Hooray, I can get to the interstate in a reasonable time again.

EDIT: Oops, armed gunman at CCN Center.  Dammit.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: April 03, 2007, 12:00:47 PM

Thanks guys. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #83 on: April 03, 2007, 12:04:10 PM

I'm probably the biggest basketball fan here (I'll bet ya!), but I think College Ball sucks. I didn't give a shit who won.

Just wanted to say that.

Though I did think that maybe, just maybe, seeing that both teams had decent big guys, there'd be a difference between last night's game and previous showdowns between run 'n' gun, 3 point heavies like Duke.

But no, same old shit.

None of these guys are really getting groomed for the pro leagues (while college footballers and hockey players are), where post play and half court games are key. And every draft for the past 5 years or so has pretty much sucked because of this. Less talented big men, and worthless 3 shooters who learned on a shorter arc (with heavy zone defense at that). The NBA is getting better talent off the streets or overseas. It really isn't good in the longrun.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: April 03, 2007, 12:30:25 PM

The NBA is getting better talent off the streets or overseas.

I hope that remains the case.  Universities should not be farm clubs for the pros.  If the NBA and NFL would pony up the cash for a minor league system then maybe we'd start seeing true student athletes again.  As it is, the big money wrapped up in college athletics is doing everyone that ever went to college a disservice. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #85 on: April 03, 2007, 12:55:09 PM

Hooray, I can get to the interstate in a reasonable time again.

EDIT: Oops, armed gunman at CCN Center.  Dammit.

Tragic situation, but your post made me laugh nonetheless.

Nebu has graciously foregone his rightful winnings and asked that I donate the $20 to charity. I have done so (Northwest Harvest). Thanks, Nebu!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: March Madness (free prize)  
Jump to: