Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:56:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Mythic/EA/UO Story Comes to a Thundering Close 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mythic/EA/UO Story Comes to a Thundering Close  (Read 76041 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #105 on: November 06, 2007, 11:18:37 PM

I thought we agreed never to speak of that game.  Those motherfuckers...

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: November 07, 2007, 04:11:30 AM

... we're a long way from Mythic / EA / UO at this point.
EA became evil after they stopped developing Deluxe Paint for the Amiga.

There, re-railed.

Also: Guybrush Threepwood got his first name from DPaint, so EA is indirectly responsible for two of the best Lucasarts games ever (plus one OK one and one mediocre one).

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Viceroy
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: November 07, 2007, 10:30:06 AM

Meridian 65 doesn't exist.

Meridian 59 was never owned or operated by EA. It was published by 3DO, which went out of business. One of the developers bought the rights and is running it independently.

Yeah sorry about that, I am thinking Motor City Online, sorry about that, beginning to get my MMO's mixed up here.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: November 07, 2007, 02:02:09 PM

... we're a long way from Mythic / EA / UO at this point.

There, re-railed.

Also: Guybrush Threepwood got his first name from DPaint, so EA is indirectly responsible for two of the best Lucasarts games ever (plus one OK one and one mediocre one).

The final straw in EA evil was the NFL exclusivity deal.   It was the crowning achievement in douchebaggery.  And given how shitty the sports game field has been since, it merely proves the naysayers right.

geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: November 08, 2007, 11:49:09 PM

In American Politics, you can do almost whatever you want, so long as you still have enough support left over to get away with it.
In American Business, you can do almost whatever you want, so long as you still have enough money left over to get away with it.
I wonder which envies the other?

My point is that, when it comes to EA's dealings, you don't need conspiracy theories.  They're quite overt about what they do.  "It was sound business practice" is all the excuse you need.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #110 on: November 10, 2007, 08:03:05 AM

EA became evil when they soiled the name of Dan Silva's great software by creating Deluxe Paint IV, which was a lousy bug ridden abomination.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Ubu1
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: November 12, 2007, 12:31:34 PM

howdy all, im new to forums but have been reading f13 for about 6 months. on the EA issue, i own several of their games and one thing I can definately say, EA doesnt really help games actually alot of them end up like shit.  Their best game imo was Battlefield 2, and now theyve acquired yet another company? what they think they have to act like sony? ahem F**k EA  evil
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #112 on: November 12, 2007, 01:25:40 PM

Again, since I read these in reverse order, minus points for censoring Fuck.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #113 on: December 04, 2007, 03:17:57 AM

UO team puts out a little video of their last meeting at the California office.  Warning, singing.  Having read a few different announcements, more of the "name" developers are relocating than I expected.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: December 04, 2007, 01:06:36 PM

I could see Raph fitting right in there.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Mythic/EA/UO Story Comes to a Thundering Close  
Jump to: