Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:58:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: I'm playing Vanguard, bitches 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm playing Vanguard, bitches  (Read 2160 times)
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

on: September 17, 2007, 03:43:44 PM

I resubbed after cancelling sometime in April.  The thought of playing WoW makes me feel physically nauseous and no way I'm paying $40 to catch up on EQ2 expansions.

First impressions: well, I lasted longer than WUA on Horizons.

It's pretty standard MMO fare (aren't they all) and I do like the low-level game.  The classes are pretty interesting and diplomacy is a nice diversion.  There are a few people around to group with but below level 10 you don't really need to group.  I wish I could say that it's really improved but it's still a crazy, kooky game with odd bugs.  They've spent some time optimising the rendering so at least it's not rendering scenery 10km away but there are some noticable bugs eg different lighting effects applied to adjacent chunks, even when they are both desert textures.

Verdict:
Worth me continuing playing for a bit but I've got one hand protecting my groin and the other protecting my eyes because sooner of later I'm getting a kick in nuts or a stab in the eye.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 06:43:59 PM

Verdict:
Worth me continuing playing for a bit but I've got one hand protecting my groin and the other protecting my eyes because sooner of later I'm getting a kick in nuts or a stab in the eye.

With both hands occupied, you must be playing Vangard by hitting the keyboard with your head.

Which would explain a lot.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 06:58:31 PM

Verdict:

With both hands occupied, you must be playing Vangard by hitting the keyboard with your head.

Which would explain a lot.

See the funny thing about vanguard (and i know there are lots of people who suffer the bugs) is that it plays pretty stable for my wife and myself.

My only displeasure is the dev teams complete inability to leave the damn classes alone.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 07:00:11 PM

If you bought played and canceled vanguard, didn't you get that email from SOE giving you a free month of EQ2 and free access to all the expansions? The month is up, but your account should be fully expansion pack enabled.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: I'm playing Vanguard, bitches  
Jump to: