Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:23:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: To Much fun 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: To Much fun  (Read 2876 times)
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

on: January 23, 2007, 06:25:07 PM

Stolen from coh boards

We all know the 'joys' of being asked "r u h34l0r?" before an invite.

Tired of Healbot #2945 getting all the glory for keeping the team alive?

Tired of watching the idiot on your team, charge off in another direction and die? And then listening to him whine for a rez?

Sick and tired of our "wonderful" inherent power being a complete waste of time?

Sick of teaming with people who go AFK for the entire mission or AFK without warning?

Well we at FAITHFUL FANS OF FALLOUT feel your pain and have done something about it!

NO MORE shall we just stand there and heal!
NO MORE shall we rez the dead as soon as they go down.
NO MORE shall we complain about Vigilance being the most craptastic inherent out there.
NO MORE shall we let someone go AFK and leech XP from the team.
NO MORE shall we care what the Empath on the team does. At some point, he'll miss a heal and then we have our fun!

What I'm tryin’ to say here is…

Use your teammate’s suicidal tendencies to your advantage. Healing is for Empaths. We LIKE teammates to be low on health. Why you ask? Simple. More endurance to use for blasting! Besides, if they get healed, how do you expect to get any use out of Fallout or Vengeance?

FALLOUT. Yes, I said it. The unloved redheaded stepchild of the Radiation Emissions set. It needs a dead teammate and no-one likes having to actually HOPE to be able to use a power like that…

<.<
>.>

Well we do and it's fun. The animation makes them think they're getting rez'd … all except that green cloud that emanates from them and then all the lovely damage to EVERYTHING around the corpse. As an added bonus, it DEBUFFS the bad guys too! ORDER NOW AND WE'LL THRO... sorry. Where was I?

If you still feel like it, rez them, or let the healbot do it. By now he's either crying because one of his charges died, or trying to rez the fallen anyway.

OH wait. Did you say that your dead teammates are never considerate enough to die NEAR the enemy? That's an easy one. RECALL FRIEND.

Now I can see you sitting there, and saying ...

"BUT RAT, every time I try and use Recall in combat, I take damage and it doesn’t work."

Stop whining like a Dead Blaster. Give it 2 slots and stick a pair of interrupt reductions in it. Will that completely solve the problem? Nope, but it helps a lot. OH and before you blow up your poor fallen teammate, use that power that if you're smart you took at 20, and buff your WHOLE team in one shot.

"BUT RAT, only Empaths can do that"

You have played something aside from Blasters right? Cause you're startin’ to sound like one, a dead one at that.

VENGEANCE! Yes, another reason for you to like having dead teammates about. It buffs the WHOLE team and even unslotted, heals them to. Now you can answer honestly that you heal...just don’t mention the need for a corpse.

Yes I said Vengeance at 20. Forget stamina. Between Accelerate Metabolism and Hasten, you're good to go. STOP! Don’t bother to start with the whole there's no perma-hasten anymore. You don’t need it! Hasten speeds up AM’s recharge and AM speeds up Hasten’s recharge. The end result is about 20 seconds (+/-) of down time to both when slotted.

Remember that comment about AFK people? We have a way of 'dealing' with that. Recall them into a group, let them take the alpha. OH MY LOOK A CORPSE! Vengeance/Fallout (repeat if possible). By the time they know they died, they're most likely out of debt. Let them complain. They at least earned their xp this time.

By now you've guessed that we're an all Radiation SG. Secondaries don’t matter. All Rad Defenders and Controllers welcome (Controllers are encouraged to take Stamina)

We're on Freedom and part of the Repeat Offenders Network (click there for more info).

We team regularly within the SG and the Coalition. Nightly the RO averages 2 or 3 full teams. We have no problem mentoring a lower toon and there’s always someone serving as the dedicated corpse for the mission, sometimes intentionally.

WE DO NOT POWERLEVEL even at low levels you have powers, use them. We average 3-5 Tactics/Assaults running on a team all the time. We will help you get around the more dangerous areas in between missions and will try to stay out of zones you cannot get into.

If you die, we MIGHT just tell you to go watch TV, and just port your corpse around and use you for Vengeance/Fallout bait.

We have a few requirements, nothing major. A few powers that you should take, a few that we highly recommend you take.

our unofficial unfender template
(defenders mainly.. controllers are still a work in progress)

1 Radiation Infection 6 slots
2 Accelerate Metabolism (lvl 6 latest) 6 slots
8 Maneuvers/Assault (your pick) 2-3 slots depending
10 Enervating Field 2-3 slots
16 Tactics 2-3 slots
20 Vengeance (optional due to not stacking) 4-6 slots <at 22 latest>
26 Fallout 6 slots
28 Recall Friend (preferably earlier but here at latest)

It still leaves a lot of space doesn’t it? Hasten is suggested, but not required. We also suggest Grant Invis. Why? well you dont want a total team wipe. That and most times our teams has atleast one other who has GI, and that way everyone's invisible with no movement penalty. An invisible team can more easily place the bomb for a multi-Fallout alpha.

Note: we do NOT list Rads heal. It's optional (except for Controllers, they have no choice). Our job is NOT to heal, so if you take it, remember you might need the slots elsewhere. Slot it only if you must.

Come over to Freedom and join up with our suicidal corps. Shout over the Repeat Offenders global channel or look for @evilrat or @VEngineer in-game for an invite. Check out our Repeat Offenders forum as well.

Don’t fear death, it just means a bigger boom.

Get afk players? Blaster that doesn't understand aggro? It is mean, petty, nasty, but damn is it great fun. Join now, become an unfender!! Limited offer while supplies last!!
?:

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 06:28:46 PM

If you die, we MIGHT just tell you to go watch TV, and just port your corpse around and use you for Vengeance/Fallout bait.
LOL, those guys sound like a riot. I'm tempted to roll up a new Rad toon to play with them the next time I get the urge to play now that my current Hero is level 50.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 09:01:42 AM

Too bad they aren't on Victory, I'd sign my old rad/rad defender up in a minute!
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 08:50:49 PM

Not to bump my own thread...But ,,bumping my own thread. This is a fun bunch to hook up with. Groups every night and the buffs are outta sight. If you didn't get it repeat offenders is about defenders and controllers with offencive builds. Theres a storm guild and empath. So the groups are a mix. Heck theres lone stars... a soloing guild that groups with us. Were active on Freedom and virtue (i am speaking from a freedom perspective). Join channel "repeat offenders" from any server and get a feel for whats swinging. the members are good players (members of this site I have played with are good players) . Kids and idiots are not tolerated. Good fun, great experience and you will not believe the buffs. And if you die I will blow your but up then rez you and we will go our merry way.  :-D

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 07:56:00 AM

Lone Stars. Awesome idea! :)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 09:16:20 AM

He said "kids are not tolerated", you idiot! 

Sorry.  Just had to. 

Sorry!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 11:41:12 AM

cry
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 01:33:29 PM

Sorry.  It wasn't even funny because I broke my humour.   undecided

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: To Much fun  
Jump to: