Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:00:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War was beginning (also: BoB are hypocrites) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: War was beginning (also: BoB are hypocrites)  (Read 3790 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

on: December 26, 2006, 04:33:52 AM

Spy confirms the obvious

shakaZ XIV asks: "Why wouldn't they go for us? :P

Seriously though... /me looks in crystal ball (or was it tinfoil ball ;p), and sees: AAA probably wanna help RA wipe LV off ze map, then nap D2 (they have done this already, afaik?), after which AAA + goons + RA + D2 + all the other bob haters all gang up on us :D muhaha!

Or not... but you never know! ;p

*/me starts mass producing tin-foil

Either way, totally lame from AXE that they just give up. cheesy gg to AAA tbh.."

DigitalCommunist replied: "We also have D2 going to war with us soon (the full extent of which is not clear), with the Fountain flamers and AAA making a move on us at the same time. Since AXE pulled out relatively quick, this might be before we can take all stations and secure them. Translating to capital gangbang in three different regions. If they get their timing right, we're finally gonna have us a good ole challenge on our hands :P

This should make you both horny and worried at the same time, but never afraid. Even if we lose stations or entire regions, its the long run that counts. And of those 3, only AAA would have the willpower to keep it up for half a year.

Oh and D2 finished an Erebus this morning."

The hypocrisy is later in the thread where BoB says using out-of-game forums hacks should be bannable...a month or so after BoB (allegedly) hacked their way into ASCN's forums & TS. :D

Edit: The EVE-Search version of the thread still has the stuff that was deleted from the official thread.
Edit2: The spy's blog also has it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 05:01:57 AM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 01:23:20 AM

The hypocrisy is later in the thread where BoB says using out-of-game forums hacks should be bannable...a month or so after BoB (allegedly) hacked their way into ASCN's forums & TS. :D

They did not. Anyone that wanted access to either ASCN's forums or TS got it. Even I browsed through their forums once, being bored at work. I just had a friend that had been in ASCN for exatly 3 days about 6-7 months ago. ASCN's forum admins were/are sloppy.

Now if this dude is getting his intel using someone's account - that's perfectly fine by me. But if he gets it abusing security holes... well I don't know I guess this is fine too, but he shouldn't be permited to post it on the official game forums :)

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 02:59:07 AM

All's fair in love and war. When you take the game outside of the game itself, don't be surprised when the game follows you around. Now, actually breaking into a computer system? Yeah, illegal, give your logs to law enforcement. But if you expect a web forum to be a highly secure place to communicate...  rolleyes

And if it's just a php/database breach, patch your shitty forum software, noobcakes.

I'd find it highly amusing if someone was locating and exploiting zero-days just to get internet intelligence, though.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 07:42:29 AM

Allegedly, members of BoB are fond of using 'bob4tw' as a password-cum-gimmick. For everything - in-game and out.

Although that should probably read 'were fond of...' because leaving them unchanged now would be...unwise. :)

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Yoru

Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 01:19:35 PM

Allegedly, members of BoB are fond of using 'bob4tw' as a password-cum-gimmick. For everything - in-game and out.

Although that should probably read 'were fond of...' because leaving them unchanged now would be...unwise. :)

Anyone want to go POS raiding in BoB space? :)
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 02:10:39 PM

As long as you do it with an alt with no ties to F13...war dec would be inconvenient  wink

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 06:25:29 PM

They did not. Anyone that wanted access to either ASCN's forums or TS got it. Even I browsed through their forums once, being bored at work. I just had a friend that had been in ASCN for exatly 3 days about 6-7 months ago. ASCN's forum admins were/are sloppy.

Now if this dude is getting his intel using someone's account - that's perfectly fine by me. But if he gets it abusing security holes... well I don't know I guess this is fine too, but he shouldn't be permited to post it on the official game forums :)

They did however have a good old BoB forum whore pile-on at the ASCN guys who were suggesting skulduggery.  Lots of "fix your shitty security before whining" and "wts T2 tinfoil hats" were thrown around.  It was amusing to see BoB members squealing in a similar manner when they were actually hacked.   
Yoru

Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 07:35:16 PM

giev paswerd
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 07:41:30 PM

Sorry, BoB is like the big bully in grade school - they act all big and tough, but if you manage to give them a good sock in the face, they cry like little bitches.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 01:54:36 AM

Well, boy how things change in a few weeks:

ASCN is dead, something with the same name continues, but the high command seems to have looted the reserves, sold off what ships they couldn't fly away in, and then taken their corps out of the alliance.  From what I'm told, the same thing that happened with Xetic, one of the original uber-alliances of 0.0, from which much of the ASCN leadership came.  BoB may or may not go for the coup de grace, they respect determination (and the remnant of ASCN has that if nothing else), and they have troubles coming from other directions.

D2, AAA, and IRON haven't announced it, but they've been conducting preparations for an invasion of Querious and Delve for the last week and a half.  FIX has been recalling our forces from the IAC theatre, which pretty much ends any chance of knocking IAC out quickly (FIX was providing the bulk of the fighter-bomber "shock troops").  Having triggered a clash of titans, it's now back to what it started as: A minor squabble between minor powers.  On the other hand, ISS is up one station, and it probably didn't cost them much more than it would have taken to build one.

RAGOON remains a cipher, they may join in on the attack against BoB, or they may go after LV now that they've pretty much finished off their allies.  If they go after BoB, that leaves LV without a dance partner (much as having BoB for a new neighbour might make them nervous, I don't think they want to be on the same side with RAGOON on anything).

There's a new, larger "opportunist" pirate group, the "Privateer Alliance".  It's business model is to maintain perpetual Empire war against every alliance, and gank them in Empire market centers when they come for supplies.  Most of us who do a lot of business in Empire have alts, and the new character creation makes getting an industrial hauler alt a matter of a few hours of training, so this may be simply the last hurrah of a dying breed, a consolidation forced by a shrinking target pool.

AXE is dead as well, in practice if not in name, they abandoned Impass to AAA and ran for Empire.  There's a bit of a vacuum in the central south as a result of all of this.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 03:49:52 AM

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if RAGoons offer LV a temporary NAP for the duration of the (potential) BoB war - priorities, and all that. Despite the 'Hurr, bees' image, the Goons have got some smart cookies running the show.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to the currently unclaimed southern regions now, though. Whatever serf alliance(s) BoB sets up in there are going to have to be able to fight off some very nasty people without too much help from their overlords. Maybe BoB will move some of their older clients from inside BoB space to ex-ASCN space, and put up newbies in the vacated BoB territories?

Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 03:48:30 AM

I was always dispointed that the 'anti-BOBs' didnt take the opportunity to wade in while they were 'busy' with ASCN, I can understand that it was probably anti-ASCN sentiment that stopped them (especially the EC-P8R/TRUST business) but now BOB have a bunch more space they [may] need to be dislodged from (is the ACSN space 'better' than BOB space?) and/or more resident entities that will need to be fought at the same time as BOB

Just goes to show how short sighted some of the alliance leaders really are I guess.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 04:25:56 AM

Yeah, quite a bit of it was "Well, we don't like ASCN either"; I also wouldn't be surprised if there was a little bit of "We'll let BoB wear themselves out against ASCN first" in there as well - after all, ASCN's leadership was pretty incompetent but it's still taken BoB a couple of months of combat to get to this point. Even with the best manufacturing base & corp morale in the world, there's still need for a rearming/R&R break after that.

Like I said before - BoB needs to find some decent cannon fodder peon corps to put in ex-ASCN space now, otherwise the more battle-hardened southern alliances will just start biting chunks out of that region for themselves. Does BoB really want AAA/RAGoon/LV/whoever sat on their south-eastern borders? Especially now with the ISS/IAC conflict going on longer than they expected....

That's all assuming that no northern alliances start playing silly buggers (as mentioned previously) or something like the more combat-capable ASCN corps reforming as a new, smaller alliance bearing a grudge, or AXE/-V-/whoever else had gotten displaced recently thinking "Nice region - we'll take it!"
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 04:32:20 AM by Simond »

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 07:40:15 AM

After being on frig raids through ISS space since the war came to a standstill, I can say ISS won't stand a chance, unless AAA isn't around to pevent LV from coming back (AAA came in as far as I can tell, with the only purpose to kill LV's titan and MC's Motherships). The LV Titan was stationed in the ISS station at KDY as of yesterday though.

BoB's the wildcard. If they get involved with either LV or AAA, things would change, but otherwise I forsee ISS losing 1 station, mabye both. Though I'm not sure if RAGOON would help IAC take an ISS station, beyond getting the F4 station back.

Persaonnly, I think the leadership of IAC is being used/being played by The Guilding Hand to kill ISS in the southern area, something a majotity of IAC pilots don't seem to mind doing.

One thing I don't understand is why Fix do MC's bidding, mabye they get subcontracted out to risk their dread fleet vs minor powers?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 08:09:23 AM

One thing I don't understand is why Fix do MC's bidding, mabye they get subcontracted out to risk their dread fleet vs minor powers?
My guess: BoB tells them to, or else.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 01:31:16 PM

Ermm, no.  I had more written, but what's the point?  Forum whorage rhetoric aside, the relationship is a lot more complicated than that.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 05:55:13 AM

Aw, where's the fun in that?  wink

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War was beginning (also: BoB are hypocrites)  
Jump to: