Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: CoH/V Trial 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CoH/V Trial  (Read 7355 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: January 25, 2007, 06:05:06 PM

There's a free trial that includes CoV now if anyone wanted to give it a try.  HERE!   I saw it while reading something Nevermore linked to.... CREDIT!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 06:22:49 PM

Good time to give it a try: Double Experience Weekend.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 06:26:33 PM

You can also use it to try out CoV or CoH if you don't already have both.

Edit: to clarify, existing subscribers to only one of the games can add a trial key to get access to the other one temporarily.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 06:29:51 PM by Trippy »
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 06:32:39 PM

Might as well give this a try. I haven't played since the graphics upgrade, in large part because of the graphics upgrade, since I don't like the far-distance haze. Wonder if there's a way to turn that off so that I can have my old clear view of far objects like before.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 07:30:14 PM

Might as well give this a try. I haven't played since the graphics upgrade, in large part because of the graphics upgrade, since I don't like the far-distance haze. Wonder if there's a way to turn that off so that I can have my old clear view of far objects like before.
Not that I've been able to figure out. I maxed out all the sliders and switches in the graphics settings and I still get that.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 01:24:37 AM

Thanks for that. I might download it overnight and have a peek. How much space does it take up when installed?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 01:38:55 AM

Less than 2.5 GB for both.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 08:29:21 AM

Beh, it won't let me do the free trial period with my previously active account, so I am feeling a bit lukewarm about this.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 08:59:52 AM

only seven-and-a-half-hours to go. woot.

Baldrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 02:33:16 PM

Wouldn't you know it, I just bought this game one week before the free trial started. :)

But it's a lot of fun so far.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 07:14:39 AM

Not that I've been able to figure out. I maxed out all the sliders and switches in the graphics settings and I still get that.

I had more problems with haze at all ranges after the upgrade.

Setting bloom to zero fixed it.

ymmv ofc.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 08:14:21 AM

I had more problems with haze at all ranges after the upgrade.

Setting bloom to zero fixed it.

ymmv ofc.
I still get haze in places like PI even after setting Bloom to "None". Or was PI always this foggy?

Edit: swapped in SS with graphic options showing
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 08:44:08 AM by Trippy »
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 08:22:07 AM

No, it wasn't :/ Beh! Beh! Beh I say.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 08:24:57 AM

OK, that one is 'world detail' I think.

For some reason world detail 0-100 is your normal level-of-detail spread, world-detail 100+ extends your draw range at maximum detail.

Or that is how I remember it - I might just be insane....

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 08:30:33 AM

OK, that one is 'world detail' I think.

For some reason world detail 0-100 is your normal level-of-detail spread, world-detail 100+ extends your draw range at maximum detail.

Or that is how I remember it - I might just be insane....
My World Detail is set to 200% -- as far right as it will go.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 08:34:26 AM

Did you disable that field thingy?  Please don't make me try to remember the name again.  This time it could kill me.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 08:38:10 AM

Did you disable that field thingy?  Please don't make me try to remember the name again.  This time it could kill me.
Yes, depth of field is turned off. Let me get another SS of my graphic settings, LOL.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 08:39:14 AM

We have the same cape only different colours!  We so cute.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 08:43:41 AM

We have the same cape only different colours!  We so cute.
:D
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 10:37:49 AM

I'm not very good at the whole character creation thing, also wtf I tried to make my avatar (seemed fitting and entertaining) but there is no way to wear a dress.  Why is that?

I ended up w/ a very generic looking jackass because I was frustrated but I found that the Gravity powerset is awesomely fun to play and pwns face.  Too bad that energy blast from the subset looks terrible...

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 01:45:20 PM

I downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet, because I'm a lazy fucker. Does the 14-day trial start from when you install and input your trial key, or is it from <date> to <date>?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 06:01:17 PM

It has always been from when you enter the key in the past.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 07:05:53 PM

I'm not very good at the whole character creation thing, also wtf I tried to make my avatar (seemed fitting and entertaining) but there is no way to wear a dress.  Why is that?

I ended up w/ a very generic looking jackass because I was frustrated but I found that the Gravity powerset is awesomely fun to play and pwns face.  Too bad that energy blast from the subset looks terrible...

I think you can wear a mini-skirt, but a full dress isn't available afaik.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 03:38:11 PM

Can wear a knee length skirt, and could match it with a top to imitate a dress I suspect. Been playing this trial and the hero designer really is one of the most fun parts of the game. Doing the Japanese school girl outfit with Assault rifle just looks so right.

... then again that's because the game itself seems strangely empty. I get the feeling it's all about killing a near infinite sea of mobs so you can fill out the power list you decided on at level 1.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 04:33:23 PM

uhh ya. I select tops with skin and then for bottoms, skirts and it makes a very nice dress. You just need to play with it a little while watching the effects on your toon.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 07:54:12 PM

I made Radge Wee Midden when I was fooling around with dresses.  I never play her, though.  She's much too slutty.  Using the chains around the neck make okay jewelry, too.  You just can't see it in this pic.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 08:04:49 PM

Quite the harlot you have there...

Is she LFG?  evil

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 08:17:22 PM

When I popped in to take the screenshot I got two group invites.  I was only there for about 10 seconds.  I shouted, "eww", at them.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: CoH/V Trial  
Jump to: