Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:29:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Stress Tests this Week! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stress Tests this Week!  (Read 2683 times)
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

on: December 13, 2006, 07:29:53 AM

http://beta.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=13534

Want a chance to win a Nintendo Wii™ or one of one-thousand LOTRO Beta Buddy keys to give to your friends just for playing in The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™ (LOTRO) Beta Program? Well now you can when you take part in our server stress tests!

This week, on December 14th and December 15th (Thursday and Friday), we will be running server stress tests and we need your help! Log in and play LOTRO between 8pm and 11pm EST on Thursday and Friday of this week for your chance to win a Nintendo Wii™ or one of one-thousand LOTRO Beta Buddy keys!

This is a multi-server stress test so players will be able to log into different servers if one of them becomes full.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Because this event is part of a Stress Test you are likely to experience performance issues including lag, disconnects, slow overall performance, and longer than usual login queues. These issues are an expected part of a Stress Test and provide valuable data to help us improve later versions of the game.

Event schedule:
-Thursday, December 14, from 8pm until 11pm EST: 500 players will win a Beta Buddy Key!
-Friday, December 15, from 8pm until 11pm EST: 500 players will win a Beta Buddy Key!

Players who log in and play both days from 8pm to 11pm EST will be entered into a drawing to win a Nintendo Wii™!

One Grand Prize
One winner will be randomly chosen from all players who log in on both days (Thursday and Friday) between 8pm and 11pm and will receive:
-- Nintendo Wii™ (approx. retail value: $249.99)
-- Can be substituted for a $250.00 Best Buy gift certificate at winner’s request.

One-thousand First Prizes
500 winners from each day (Thursday and Friday) will be randomly chosen from all players who log in during the three hour window, and each will receive:
-- One LOTRO Beta Buddy Key to give to a friend. (approx. retail value: $0.00 each)

Winners will be contacted after the event via e-mail by January 30, 2007.

Be sure to stay in game the entire time between 8pm and 11pm EST on these nights to have a chance to win! The longer you are logged in and the more nights you participate, the better your chances! Players must participate in the events on both days to be eligible for the grand prize and the first prize – a Nintendo Wii™!

Please remember that the Beta Program is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL. Once you have accepted the Preview and Non-Disclosure Agreement, you are not allowed to divulge any information about your experiences to anyone without Turbine's express written consent.

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Participation in the stress test (the “Stress Test”) of the pre-release version of The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™ (the “Game”) is voluntary and requires that you have an active Beta Program account, a personal computer with certain minimum specifications and Internet access (at your cost). Access to the Game may be restricted from time to time due to technical requirements, network conditions, testing needs, development specifications, server capacity, or any other reason at Turbine's sole discretion. Selected participants will be required to agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Preview and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which includes a Code of Conduct.

Please review carefully Turbine's Privacy Policy relating to the collection and use of your information. Turbine will use your personally identifiable information in accordance with the terms of its Privacy Policy. By electing to participate in the Stress Test, you agree to permit Turbine (and its licensors, licensees, partners and subcontractors) to use your personally identifiable information (such as your email address) to send you promotional and service related information relating to the Game and other Turbine games. Your Beta Program or Game account may not be sold, assigned or transferred to any person or entity with or without consideration. Turbine reserves the right to limit access to, change or terminate the Stress Test with or without notice.

Eligibility to win a prize is restricted to U.S. residents age 18 or older. Employees of Turbine and its licensors, and members of their households, are excluded from participation. Winners may need to execute an affidavit to confirm all eligibility requirements are met. The odds of winning a prize in the Stress Test drawing will depend on the number of eligible participants.

Neither Turbine nor its licensors shall be liable for any damages of any kind or nature whatsoever arising in connection with the Stress Test.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 08:15:12 AM

Oooooh these are fun, and a good way for me to catch up on movies.  I love being one of the first people in, then logging and seeing how long it takes to get back in.   Its fun, and about the only time the official forums are interesting these last few weeks. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 08:19:01 AM

Anyone else find it a bit confusing that Turbine is offering an entirely different gaming platform as a reward for testing their game? It probably makes sense from some bean counter's perspective, seeing that the Wii is so popular, but I can't be the first to see the irony.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 10:17:42 AM

Anyone else find it a bit confusing that Turbine is offering an entirely different gaming platform as a reward for testing their game? It probably makes sense from some bean counter's perspective, seeing that the Wii is so popular, but I can't be the first to see the irony.
It's funny...we offered PC related prizes in the past (like graphics cards) and the Wii outperformed all of them hands down as far as player participation. So we go with what works. :)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 10:50:18 AM

I'm waiting for the first beta leak loon who opines on some forum, "ZOMG I think they're developing LOTRO for the Wii!@!!!"

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 09:01:19 PM

It's funny...we offered PC related prizes in the past (like graphics cards) and the Wii outperformed all of them hands down as far as player participation. So we go with what works. :)

I guess a Wii is sexier for the mass market crowd. Me personally, I'd get online faster for a dx10 compatible card than a gaming platform. But I'm too white and nerdy.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Xilren's Twin

Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 08:32:14 AM

The stress test tonight is for the Brandywine Server only.  Arwen will be down.

On the plus side, i was logged in last night from like 7pm till about 1130 and the game held up fine on Arwen.  Course, i avoided Bree like the plague too.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 08:47:39 AM

Is it one of those Wiis with the trick wrist strap?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 09:19:24 AM

A special LOTR Wiimote that looks like the hilt of Narsil with leather thongs attached to the pommel.  :-D

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Stress Tests this Week!  
Jump to: