Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:53:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Pirates Constructible Stategy Game Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pirates Constructible Stategy Game Online  (Read 1008 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: December 15, 2006, 09:16:07 PM

Hadn't heard about this until SOE sent me an e-mail today advertising some free trial.  Apparently they've taken that Pirates card game and done an online version similar to Magic: The Gathering Online.  Despite not having any interest in playing the game, I tried to find out the cost of booster packs just out of curioustiy, but the site was less than helpful, especially since the "Buy Now" link which I presumed would lead to booster pack sales wouldn't load any of the times I tried clicking it.

I don't know, I could see people buying the cards just so they could build the little ships, but who the hell would want to play an online version of this game?  I assume the card game must do ok since I've seen a few expansions for it, and I suppose it probably only took some guy at SOE a couple days of working through his lunch break to throw this together, but I'm still a little surprised they bothered with this.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 11:45:16 PM

SOE bought Worlds Apart (now SOE Denver) in August and the Pirates game was part of the announcement back then.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 09:44:36 AM

I think I read the costs of Starters were like $10 and boosters were maybe $2? Something very similar to actual real pricing.

So yeah, not fucking worth it beyond the free trial. I have yet to try the free trial.

geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 11:09:52 AM

Poxnora is the best online collectable card game w/ booster sales model I've ever seen.

And it's still not terribly popular.

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 01:08:07 PM

I couldn't get Poxnora to work right.

And as someone who collects Pirates actual ships?

WHY WOULD ANYONE PAY TO PLAY THE GAME VIRTUALLY?

Its one of the worst games I have ever played.  Simply terrible gameplay.
I just collect the ships because they are fun, and hope to find a decent Age of Sail miniatures ruleset to use my little pain in the ass to assemble boats with.
A friend who got into it too hates the game more than I do.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Pirates Constructible Stategy Game Online  
Jump to: