Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:28:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Wii vs. Other Technology. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wii vs. Other Technology.  (Read 9442 times)
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #35 on: December 03, 2006, 12:43:15 PM

Which is why the lanyard was clearly intended for the old and feeble or weak and greasy.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 02:19:10 PM

Yeah but was the remote ever in danger of coming out of your hand?

No, not even after a half-dozen beers while playing WiiSports Boxing. You'd have to have been eating a whole lot of greasy chips or something with your WiiMote hand.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 03:13:02 PM

"Lets make this game interesting - I've embedded a live grenade in the handle of the Wii Wand and the safety cord acts as a pin."

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #38 on: December 08, 2006, 09:31:52 AM

Ezdaar
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 08, 2006, 10:41:18 AM

I must admit I haven't been perfect in clearing a proper 3 foot area around me and have smacked chairs or bookcases with my Wiimote and hand. There has never been a point however when I thought it might slip out of my hand, no matter how hard I was swinging it.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #40 on: December 08, 2006, 11:42:44 AM

I liked that bit about bowling.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #41 on: December 08, 2006, 12:33:43 PM

It does convey some interesting points about what they determined about people during the Q&A phase.

1) No, we can't trust people to understand what the safety strap is for.

2) No, we cant' trust people to understand that throwing the remote is not part of the game.

3) No, we can't trust people to understand that the remote won't pass intangibly through objects and people while they're distracted with what's going on in the game.

4) Yes, we realize the safety strap is insufficient for the job to resist the weight of the remote when people string it hard enough.

5) Yes, we've decided we'd better act as if safety was our primary concern so people don't have good grounds to sue us over the inevitable damage they'll cause once we release this beast to the public.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #42 on: December 08, 2006, 07:00:07 PM

Retards in action: http://www.wiidamage.com/
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #43 on: December 08, 2006, 07:04:33 PM

Fucking retards. Such people should be sterilized.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 08, 2006, 10:34:10 PM

Retards in action: http://www.wiidamage.com/

Fake site.  Nobody is going to whack their kid (cousin, whatever) with a Wiimote, then post said picture on a site dedicated to such things as though there were a popup on the Wii to remind them of such things.  Such things will probably occur though.  Accidents happen.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Litigator
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 13, 2006, 08:39:49 AM

I have to say, though, that despite the crumminess of the wii-speaker, this is the best force-feedback ever in a controller.

The Dual Shock and the Xbox 360 apparently just had little matchbox car/dildo motors in them that shook the controller, but they've got something more sophisticated in the wiimote. It's much less obtrusive and much more effective. I noticed that the horseback riding in zelda was unexpectedly cool for some reason, and it was only then that I realized that the controller was giving very slight force feedback every time the horse's hoofs hit the ground.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Wii vs. Other Technology.  
Jump to: