Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:20:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Planned sellout of BC? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planned sellout of BC?  (Read 18049 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #70 on: October 06, 2006, 10:04:38 AM

it was even better, becuase you used it on someone else - you fire an arrow at someone, and he follows that person around just like their pet.

There were 2 versions.. a permenent pet and the arrows.   I loved the arrows, because our GL hated the little goblin.  I'd fire it at him in the middle of raids just to hear him bitch about, "..this freaky green thing following me again!"

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: October 06, 2006, 04:35:54 PM

I just got my only-available-to-Horde Black Tabby cat.  Used to be called a Maine Coon cat.

Traded a horde guy for the Prairie Chicken from Westfall (I did the quest, he picked up the egg).

Still trying to get an emerald whelpling.  On my third toon toward 60 and sick of farming dream whelps. 

I want a mini-orc on a leash.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 06, 2006, 04:39:21 PM

yeah, i had loads of the normal arrows (the ones that stuck the pet on someone else) but i also scored 3 of the permanent pet ones.

They had a similar deal with the rose petals.  you could get piles of rose petals (made rose petals flutter around a targeted character) which you had only a limited quantity (and they had an expiry date) or if you were lucky, you could get a Bouquet of roses, which was a permanent item, held in the offhand, that you could use to generate the rose petal effect (not sure what the cooldown on it was).

The rose petals were great.  I wiped one of our vael attempts when i dropped the things on vael.  The rose petals scaled in size relative to the target, so Vael had these volkswagon size rose pettals falling everywhere around him, and loads of people suffered massive visual lag and promptly died. (i always wanted to try it on Ragnaros, just for a gag.)

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #73 on: October 06, 2006, 05:52:40 PM

OOh, I didn't know there was a permanent rose petal item.  That was a pretty cool effect.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: October 09, 2006, 01:29:53 PM

I'm a bit surprised that Amazon seems to be the only store carrying this so far.

Price seems reasonable as well.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 09, 2006, 04:50:46 PM

Gamestop has it too.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 09, 2006, 07:39:34 PM

EB/Gamestop actually sent me an email telling me it was available and how to go about placing an order and then cancelling my original regular order.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #77 on: October 09, 2006, 08:21:01 PM

My Murky pretty much rules everything.

Although, being a rogue, I cant keep him out in PVP, since he is a dead giveaway when im stealthed.

DANCE MURKY DANCE!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: October 10, 2006, 02:28:53 AM

Noob Question: is buying BC worth it if you're not at level 50 yet?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #79 on: October 10, 2006, 02:49:12 AM

No. Not unless you think the 2 new races (and their respective starting zones) are worth $50.

Level cap is 60 btw..
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: October 10, 2006, 08:34:06 AM

Noob Question: is buying BC worth it if you're not at level 50 yet?

Yes, for the pets, for the sightseeing, for the quests, and for the gathering professions (although I expect the new starting zones to be a zoo for a few months).
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #81 on: October 10, 2006, 09:06:32 AM

What sightseeing? Outland isn't open access for newbs (unless you want to die). Besides that, you get newb Draenei and Blood Elf starting zones, but that's only about 2 or 3 hours worth of questing. Comstar, if he plays casually, but consistently, will probably be in his 30's or 40's by the time the expansion hits. Why would he want to pay extra cash just to see newb zones he can't do anything in (seriously...I'm just wondering)?

--

The pet does nothing, and it's only a part of the collector's edition (last I checked) A collector's edition which is probably going to be $20-30 more than the regular edition.

--

If this was an expansion that actually added a large variety of new gameplay for people across all levels (like Jump to Lightspeed or the Guild Wars expansions do), then it'd be worth it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Planned sellout of BC?  
Jump to: